• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Death Note Anyone??

Kirby2000

You mean the good people who didn't want anyone killed, and killing someone because they have no use to you is still an evil act. Plus he killed criminals so people would accept him as their god, not because it's a good thing to do.

No, as it was getting to a point where people were telling Light to kill someone for minor things, instead of being a criminal. The possibility of being killed for a minor thing you did can cause fear.

Oh I was meant to put in the the killing people who was no longer any use for him was part of the evil side.

Oh ya I was looking back at the first volume of the manga and just remember that Light did say in his speech to Ryuk he said, "And while people who obviously deserve to be punished are dying of heart attacks...I'll gradually be killing off immoral people who harass others, through illness and accidents. Even that will eventually be noticed by the idiot masses. They'll realize they'll die if they don't change their ways...I'll make a world inhabited only by people I decide are good!"

So yeah I believe Light was doing more good then evil if he want the world filled with only people he decide are good.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Oh ya I was looking back at the first volume of the manga and just remember that Light did say in his speech to Ryuk he said, "And while people who obviously deserve to be punished are dying of heart attacks...I'll gradually be killing off immoral people who harass others, through illness and accidents. Even that will eventually be noticed by the idiot masses. They'll realize they'll die if they don't change their ways...I'll make a world inhabited only by people I decide are good!"

So yeah I believe Light was doing more good then evil if he want the world filled with only people he decide are good.

Well in the first volume he was trying to get rid of bad people. Second volume on it shifted to him wanting to become a God. Besides, what gave him the right to decide whether or not to have sole judgment to decide someone should die? Without the Death Note Light was a good person, but when he got that power he slowly became a more and more evil person, to the point where being known as a God was his sole reasoning for killing people. He was a sociopath.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I still think he was interesting, even for a sociopath. I wanted him to beat L and N and everyone else who was on his tail, just because I liked his personality. I suppose you could say sociopaths interest me. I always thought of Light as good myself though, just because I knew his background. He did get more extreme over time to the point where he killed even innocent people, but I never thought of him as evil until the end where he started to lose his cool.

bobjr

Staff member
I still think he was interesting, even for a sociopath. I wanted him to beat L and N and everyone else who was on his tail, just because I liked his personality. I suppose you could say sociopaths interest me. I always thought of Light as good myself though, just because I knew his background. He did get more extreme over time to the point where he killed even innocent people, but I never thought of him as evil until the end where he started to lose his cool.

You can have an evil character and he can still be interesting. Light's just an example of a Villain Protagonist. Killing innocent people in cold blood is a very evil act, since Light did it like it was nothing. He lost his cool when he finally lost, and then he went from evil to downright crazy.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
You are all wrong. Yes, Light is not evil nor is anyone in that world since its impossible to be evil for a human. Light is just demented beyond all belief, for all we know light killing people would be the proper thing to do in his situation but since it does not match up with our ideas of good and bad our realities and what society views as the norm we label light and his actions under the term of "evil"

bobjr

Staff member
You are all wrong. Yes, Light is not evil nor is anyone in that world since its impossible to be evil for a human. Light is just demented beyond all belief, for all we know light killing people would be the proper thing to do in his situation but since it does not match up with our ideas of good and bad our realities and what society views as the norm we label light and his actions under the term of "evil"

So you're saying humans can't be evil? Because they can. I think you're trying to say Light can't be judged because we have no idea what the proper thing to do in his situation is. But we can know that killing people in order to become a God is definitely an evil act. At the very least Light was criminally insane.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
Well actually what I am saying is your definition of what "evil" is so skewered it screws with your other ideas. Evil can not exist because evil means to be void of good meaning you do not have an ounce of good in you. Meaning everything you do is something that society views as extremely horrible which is why the label such as evil does not work

does anyone here think that Light is a bit like Hitler?
he first kills what he thinks that are bad people
and then when he gets caught and everything

he goes crazy....
it's funny how alike
but i've only read how he kills and goes crazy so im
a Death Note Noob

so agree, ...disagree?

bobjr

Staff member
Well actually what I am saying is your definition of what "evil" is so skewered it screws with your other ideas. Evil can not exist because evil means to be void of good meaning you do not have an ounce of good in you. Meaning everything you do is something that society views as extremely horrible which is why the label such as evil does not work

Evil means morally reprehensible, not void of good. And killing innocent people without any form of guilt is a morally reprehensible act, so therefore it's an evil act. Light was corrupted by power, and became an evil person.

does anyone here think that Light is a bit like Hitler?
he first kills what he thinks that are bad people
and then when he gets caught and everything

Both wanted to get rid of people they thought were bad in order to obtain what they thought of as a "perfect" world, and both were deluded and wanted to be a God, so yeah, you can make connections like that.

Lorde

Light, like Hitler? Maybe, though Light didn't kill people based on their race or religious beliefs. Light also didn't commit suicide, though you could say that Light was a coward like Hitler was. I've never made the connection before, but if you look at several villains closely, you start to notice how they're all alike in some ways so this doesn't just fit with Death Note.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
Actually you are wrong sogeking, hot does not have a ounce of "cold" in it, they are polar opposites just like "good" and "evil" so to be evil means to have zero good in you, you can not just assign whatever the hell you want to the term of "evil"

Since I think you went to highschool in america or at least in europe I should think you have read animal farm

you should read the book collection of reviews on it, "its called georege orwell's Animal FArm

bobjr

Staff member
Actually you are wrong sogeking, hot does not have a ounce of "cold" in it, they are polar opposites just like "good" and "evil" so to be evil means to have zero good in you, you can not just assign whatever the hell you want to the term of "evil"

Since I think you went to highschool in america or at least in europe I should think you have read animal farm

you should read the book collection of reviews on it, "its called georege orwell's Animal FArm

We don't technically feel hot, it's a mix of our cold and warm senses combining. So yeah, cold is in hot.

And Animal Farm is about Communism.
Light, like Hitler? Maybe, though Light didn't kill people based on their race or religious beliefs. Light also didn't commit suicide, though you could say that Light was a coward like Hitler was. I've never made the connection before, but if you look at several villains closely, you start to notice how they're all alike in some ways so this doesn't just fit with Death Note.

Both Light and Hitler killed what they thought were bad people, based on their morals, and both wanted to become Gods. Even if it's a common thing they still have quite a bit alike.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
Animal Farm is not about communism its about a system of ideals and the time period spanning from His books are continuities of his ideas as time goes on in that time period he lived in. So there based on his satires of human nature leadership and some other things

IF you think that Animal farm is all about communism then you got it wrong which is why again I said you should read the collection of reviews in the book George orwells animal farm

I don't care about the senses the point still stands , hot is hot, cold is cold, they are polar opposites. Just like good and evil.

Where did you find that bullcrap anyway? Wikipedia? Google?

Last edited:

Kirby2000

Evil means morally reprehensible, not void of good. And killing innocent people without any form of guilt is a morally reprehensible act, so therefore it's an evil act. Light was corrupted by power, and became an evil person.

Well really arceus7 meaning of evil is more right as evil do mean that you can't do an ounce good which is why human can't really be evil. Really the only thing that can be labled evil is Satan and is demon.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
If demons existed do you think they would be evil? what about things that eat humans are they evil? Is it so bad that we are not on the top of the food chain and are something elses pray like a eagle is prey to a wolf?

Lorde

I was pretty amused by how Shinigami were protrayed in Death Note. I always assumed they would take the form of gods and goddesses from Japanese myths but in Death Note, they looked sort of gothic-like. I liked how they were given a more contemporary design for this series, even if only about 4 of them play any major roles in the Death Note anime. I would've liked to see the Shinigami King though :<

bobjr

Staff member
Well really arceus7 meaning of evil is more right as evil do mean that you can't do an ounce good which is why human can't really be evil. Really the only thing that can be labled evil is Satan and is demon.

Satan is a fallen angel, which means he did good before he rebelled against God. You can still be evil and do good acts.

And how the fuck do you not get that Animal Farm is about Communism? It basically screams it at you. It's like saying Crime and Punishment isn't about existentialism.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
Its not, the setting is a comunistic society the story goes far deeper than that , its basically a satire on the 20th century.
I mean there is a whole book dediated to reviewing the story its a really good read.

Last edited: