• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Death Note Anyone??

spthewolf

I absolutely LOVE Death Note. If no one has seen it GO LOOK ON YOUTUBE!!! Beyond Birthday is my favorite character! POST ANYTHING ABOUT IT HERE!

ForeverFlame

I try to ignore that awful spin-off novel. It contradicts the main story (using someone born with Shinigami Eyes as a plot device?), and the writing is that of a confused Japanese person who knows nothing about the English language.

For example,
Beyond Birthday
Backyard Bottomslash
Believe Bridesmaid
Quarter Queen

And those are actual full names of characters.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Compared to the manga, the anime leaves much to be desired. The manga felt more complete than the anime did, maybe because the anime finished off so differently than the manga did. I usually follow the source material so I was upset with how Light dies at the end of the Death Note anime; it felt like a cheap death compared to his death in the manga which was more dramatic. I did like Mikami's role in the anime as opposed to the manga though :3

A.U.

well i saw the anime first i thought it was great. but then i heard they left out soooo much from the manga it was like wow. imo....i think Light deserved to die xD

i loved it tho one of my best animes ive ever seen

Lorde

L seems to get the most love even though, you know, he wasn't able to finish the KIRA case. I still wonder what could have happened had L captured KIRA at the end of the story instead of Near. I guess the Death Note films give us the best indication of how L would have gone about capturing KIRA and ending his reign of terror once and for all.

11DBHK

Banned
I try to ignore that awful spin-off novel. It contradicts the main story (using someone born with Shinigami Eyes as a plot device?), and the writing is that of a confused Japanese person who knows nothing about the English language.

For example,
Beyond Birthday
Backyard Bottomslash
Believe Bridesmaid
Quarter Queen

And those are actual full names of characters.

are you referring to the kid who pickes up a deathnote, that was in the back of death note13?

Lorde

are you referring to the kid who pickes up a deathnote, that was in the back of death note13?

Nope. The person is referring to the Death Note novel by the name of Death Note: Another Note. It's an interesting book, or so I've heard. Since the events of this novel aren't really explained in full in the Death Note anime, I don't think it's canon so I rarely source it :s

ryodragonite

Aura Fist
Ive only seen the first episode and it was pretty dark like they lived in a desert or something. But I liked it. Trying not too like it too much because it had so few episodes.

A.U.

Ive only seen the first episode and it was pretty dark like they lived in a desert or something. But I liked it. Trying not too like it too much because it had so few episodes.

you need to watch more. thats not what its about. thats just the shimigamis

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Anyone read/watch Bakuman yet? It's from the creators of Death Note. Just putting it out there incase some of you still feel blue that Death Note ended.

Lorde

Anyone read/watch Bakuman yet? It's from the creators of Death Note. Just putting it out there incase some of you still feel blue that Death Note ended.

Despite being from the same creator and the same illustrator, I find that Bakuman is quite different in several regards. I would even go as far as to say it's bland compared to some of the Death Note stuff. I find the idea of a notebook that can murder people a bit more interesting than a story about teenagers who are trying to come up with their own manga.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Bakuman has the advantage of not having a big decline in quality halfway through though.

11DBHK

Banned
L seems to get the most love even though, you know, he wasn't able to finish the KIRA case. I still wonder what could have happened had L captured KIRA at the end of the story instead of Near. I guess the Death Note films give us the best indication of how L would have gone about capturing KIRA and ending his reign of terror once and for all.

lol yeah gotta love L, man he was the best character in my opinion
near was alright, but i dont honestly think he'd have ever actually cought kira
if werent for L's work on the case near was just there to finish it and yes i must say i was a bit dissatisfied with the ending L and undeniablty deserved most of the credit for the kira investigation i preferred the ending to the movie

brit-angel

Dance Chimmy dance!
I love Death Note! I loved how it kept you wondering what they were going to think up next and how they'll figure out each other's actions. L was awesome, Near is adorable, and Matsuda and Ryuk were hilarious. I preferred the manga over the anime though. The manga is more in depth, and it kept me wanting to read more.
if werent for L's work on the case near was just there to finish it and yes i must say i was a bit dissatisfied with the ending L and undeniablty deserved most of the credit for the kira investigation

Yes I agree with you. L was always catching Light in his plans while Near had to wait until after. Also, if Mello hadn't acted in the end, Near would have been dead and would have lost. Not to mention Near himself admitted that L was better than Mello and himself alone.

Lorde

lol yeah gotta love L, man he was the best character in my opinion
if werent for L's work on the case near was just there to finish it and yes i must say i was a bit dissatisfied with the ending L and undeniablty deserved most of the credit for the kira investigation i preferred the ending to the movie

L certainly was different than the generic detective character you'd expect in your average manga/anime. Near gets a lot of crap, but I think he's decent. I do believe he cheated and was responsible for the fall of Kira in more ways than one, but overall, he's more enjoyable than Mello was. I mean, what good was Mello? He didn't do much until the end.

Mr.Brightside

You will evolve too!
Maybe i am one of the few people that actually preferred Light to L. Surely L had his qualities and according to the stereotypical comprehension of good and evil, he was the "good guy", but as much as i like him, in my book, Light was a step smarter than him. I know that a lot of DN fans go nuts over L but seriously a lot of his assumptions and let's call it predictions, come completely out of nowhere. I haven't read the manga -and more important the 13th volume that gives all the explanations- but as far as i am told there are no huge differences between it and the anime so i doubt if the manga will make me change my mind.

Furthermore Light is a way more complex character than Lawliet. He is just a student, that gradually becomes a killer, or a saviour, opinions vary. The way his character is developed through this journey and the moral issues that his actions raise, make him a truly unique character.

I'd like to see more Shinigami, didn't like Mello a lot, i prefer Near as he seemed closer to L's personality, and i wish Misha had a better ending but it is truly a great series.

Random comment: L is wrong when he says that sitting in the way he does it helps him think better. When you sit straight, you help the blood flow and your brain can function a lot better. I think of his body language as more of an insecurity sign.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Maybe i am one of the few people that actually preferred Light to L. Surely L had his qualities and according to the stereotypical comprehension of good and evil, he was the "good guy", but as much as i like him, in my book, Light was a step smarter than him. I know that a lot of DN fans go nuts over L but seriously a lot of his assumptions and let's call it predictions, come completely out of nowhere. I haven't read the manga -and more important the 13th volume that gives all the explanations- but as far as i am told there are no huge differences between it and the anime so i doubt if the manga will make me change my mind.

Furthermore Light is a way more complex character than Lawliet. He is just a student, that gradually becomes a killer, or a saviour, opinions vary. The way his character is developed through this journey and the moral issues that his actions raise, make him a truly unique character.

I'd like to see more Shinigami, didn't like Mello a lot, i prefer Near as he seemed closer to L's personality, and i wish Misha had a better ending but it is truly a great series.

Random comment: L is wrong when he says that sitting in the way he does it helps him think better. When you sit straight, you help the blood flow and your brain can function a lot better. I think of his body language as more of an insecurity sign.

The manga has Light die in a more deserving way, but that's about it. That and the authors saying that Light is definitely an evil person.