• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Death Note club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demented Kirlia

I Rarely Post
Are you Pro-Kira or Anti-Kira or indifferent?

I can see where Light was going to make a better world, but killing other people is an icky thing to me, no matter how ruthless and repulsive the criminals are. I guess I'm the "value all life" type, and taking away life just never seemed right. Light at first was killing criminals, but started killing off anyone who was in his way. Then that whole "God of a New World" thing. That's past insane.

So yeah, I'm Anti-Kira.

Favourite character?

I really don't have a favorite character. It's not like I don't like them, it's just that there's too many cool characters to choose from >_>.

For least favorite I'd have to go with Light. Yes, he is a rather interesting character, but what I wrote above is pretty much why I dislike him.

Just to be random: Of the two Death Note openings, which one do you like best?

They're both lovely, but I like What's Up People slightly more. It fits more into the kind of music I listen to. Also, it's fun to make fun of the lyrics. There's this one part that sounds like it's saying "Wilma, lock the front door!" In the original it's supposed to be "Bunmei yande huantei". I have no idea how I got got the front door thing with the original.

kirapwns

PS3?OverNLNEthousand
Of the two Death Note openings, which one do you like best?
Whats up, People?! was way better than the WORLD. I like the WORLD but it doesn't really seem to fit as much as Whats up, People?! to the likes of Kira.

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
I don't really know - I like them both because they both suit the anime in different ways. I guess I like The World for its melody and What's Up, People? for its rhythm. Though I do find What's Up, People? easier to relate to things in Death Note, particularly with the chorus; after a certain episode 25, it was quite fun to imagine that the "Hey, hey, ningen sucker!" was being directed at Light. >P

But my definite favourite of the Death Note songs is actually Zetsubou Billy.

Pikawho?

(five15)

The World. I just like the way it sounds. I'm not really into the type of music that What's up People?! is...However, I do agree that WUP does fit in really well with the way the second season was. You could say the same about The World and the first season as well...

And I agree, Zetsubou Billy is definately my favorite Death Note song.

Konata Izumi

Always hug your food
Hi can i join I love death note!!At the moment im reading death note nine with near on the front!Hes so cute!I cant believe L died! :( I h8 that.He was going to be my favorite character from death note but now near is!There is this one bit in death note 12 when near wheres this weird L mask it looks gay(No offense to the drawer of death note :) ) and i took a photo of it on my mobile for evidence that i have read death note 12 all the way through!I read the manga all the way through then i sorta read the ones that i want to read rather than going throught the hole series again!LOL

kirapwns

PS3?OverNLNEthousand
I don't really know - I like them both because they both suit the anime in different ways. I guess I like The World for its melody and What's Up, People? for its rhythm. Though I do find What's Up, People? easier to relate to things in Death Note, particularly with the chorus; after a certain episode 25, it was quite fun to imagine that the "Hey, hey, ningen sucker!" was being directed at Light. >P

But my definite favourite of the Death Note songs is actually Zetsubou Billy.

Bah! Light pwns all. >.>

That being the case, new topic:
Of the two endings, which was your favorite?
Zetsubou Billy ftw. Alumina was good and all, but the softness didn't really get to me as for Zetsubou Billy is actullay about Kira himself. ^.^

kirapwns

PS3?OverNLNEthousand
Who is your favorite character or characters and why?
My name explains it all. Kira ftw. I absolutely love Kira and absolutely hate Near. L was one of my favorites also, trailing right behind Kira.

Pikawho?

(five15)
Welcome Konata. Answer any of the current topics or make your own!

Not much else to add....Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

PikaCharmander

O.O I'm watching you
Who is your favorite character or characters and why?
I probly made it clear but just in case no one herd me, Light also known as Kira. He's my fave because he kills the bad guys. I also have to admit I like Matsuda. I like him because he birngs out the stupidity in Death Note.

Pikawho?

(five15)
^You're in. Answer any of the current topics or make your own.

So you haven't seen the actual series or read the manga?

PikaCharmander

O.O I'm watching you
I just finished watching the first movie. I loved it, so I want in. I probably won't stay around for long, in fear of spoilers. I'm going to watch the 2nd movie soon and then the 3rd. :)

I've got the 1st movie on DVD. It's alsome! The dubing pretty good too.

Slick

Banned
^You're in. Answer any of the current topics or make your own.

So you haven't seen the actual series or read the manga?

Thanks.

And no I haven't. I don't really intend to at the moment, unless a golden opportunity arrives or something. I know I should though. I might read the manga, although I am currently reading Air Gear manga...
Anyway, I finished watching the 2nd and 3rd movies. I loved them all. And the great thing is, I don't have a select favourite, so nobody can tell me off. ^_^

Pikawho?

(five15)
At least watch the anime, if you get the chance. It's all good. I'm not sure how the movies compare to it, though....But yeah, the anime is 95% close to the manga and there's only a few differences(the biggest one being the ending) so you can't go wrong if you decide to watch the anime instead.

invaderdim

Dimmest of the Dim^^
hey guys, could i join the club
ive finished the anime and wow sad ending T.T even sadder compared to the manga

PikaCharmander

O.O I'm watching you
Which do you like better, DN anime or DN manga and why?
I like DN Anime better because......well......I'm not sure.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Uh... I don't know... I've got all the manga though, cause it was the manga that I got into first...

invaderdim You in, behave, awnser questions and topics, eat chocolate, and take names.

Last edited:

Pikawho?

(five15)

DN anime. I finished it before I even read the manga. Even after, I still think that the anime has a better effect. But that's just me. I like both. :/

And welcome new member. Answer any of the current topics or make your own!

Status
Not open for further replies.