• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Death Note: Was Light right or wrong?

Well, the title says it all really...do you think what Light did with the Death Note was right or wrong?

I believe Light was wrong because he killed innocent people along with criminals, because he didn't know if the judge had made a mistake and a convicted person was really innocent, and because he had no right to play God. I also believe he was insane due to developing a God complex and using the note even after knowing that using it would prevent him from going to the afterlife. What do you think?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Didn't someone make this exact thread a while ago?

He was wrong.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Didn't someone make this exact thread a while ago?
Yes.

Purifying the world through slaughter...that's the devil's job! (goes back to drawing villain for comic)

Oh yeah, if you (the guy who's watching Death Note for the first time), Light and L die!

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
It was stupid, but I'm not so sure if it was wrong. I mean humans aren't made perfectly and everyone has at least a tiny bit of evil in them. It's impossible to rid this world of evil.

I think killing FBI agents and police officers was quite wrong.

SasoriSand

Master of Sand
He was completely wrong... He killed many innocents with the Death Note...

Oh! Let's not also forget he made a devious plan so could keep the Death Note, not be presumed as Kira and killed the other Shinigami!

Vernikova

Champion
He was right until the part where he started killing the innocents. He kind of slid down the slide after that moment. Then again, he didn't want to go to jail so I can see what he was thinking kind of, sort of, in a way. Fight or flight something something.

MewTwoEx

Metagross Master
He was right, but he didnt have the right to do what he did.

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
He was wrong, but I still "supported" him. Same deal with Code Geass I suppose, I tend to support the anti hero's. I think it's just the way these anime are made, told mainly from the point of view of the protagonist.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Light was right in terms of wanting to fix the world. But wrong in his way of doing it.

The Death Note was nothing more than a tool that shouldn't have been used much if at all. The author himself said that Light would have become the greatest world detective/policeman if he didn't find the Death Note.

I wouldn't be adverse to writing down names of know terrorists and dictators around the world honestly but thats my own POV. ;)

Buchou

filch some swag
How many of these have their been?

Light, in theory, was doing the right thing (albeit hypocritically) by trying to make the world a better place and rid it of crime so people wouldn't be troubled anymore. However, jumped off the proverbial deep end when he began to kill innocent people and remained disillusioned that he was still doing the right thing. When innocent people get harmed, it's never a right choice. The fact that he put his family at risk to refrain from getting caught was a beyond selfish, insane move.

That's just what I think, anyways.

Last edited:

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
He was right, but went about it in the wrong way. It's a, "Do the ends justify the means?" situation. In this case the answer is no. Did I want Light to win? Yeah I did, but I didn't think he was doing the right thing. Which is why Matsuda lit his ass up.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
insert quote from Near here

Change of topic, what about the kids from Bakuman (it's been a while, I forgot their names), was it right to become part of the manga business as a career? Was is good to do so at such a young age?

Same forum

Jeez, sorry about making the same thread...any way to lock it or are mods the only ones who can do that?

Thanks for your answers everyone.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Jeez, sorry about making the same thread...any way to lock it or are mods the only ones who can do that?

Thanks for your answers everyone.
Top of the page, click on Thread Tools, then Delete Thread.