• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Death Note.

Lucille

This is a thread for anyone who belives Death Note is the best anime ever.

I love Death Note for many reasons, one of them is the fact that even though there's no fighting, the show is so interesting. There's so many cliffhangers and suspense that you could hardly wait for the next episode.

Rave

Banned
Only the first half was good, afterwords, it died.

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
Definitely way up there to the ranks of "most memorable series". And technically there are fight scenes, but it's not the focus of the show.

I agree with Rave though, it just didn't feel the same without L. Near didn't seem to have as much drive to catch Kira, and Mello was mainly a bitter second banana.

Alloute

Not Banned
Best. Anime. Ever.

I wanted Kira to win, but Near and his tricks.....

Anime was great, but I prefer the manga.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Very interesting series. And there are so many things to love about it - the high suspense, catchy opening and ending themes, the hilarity of Ryuk, the awesomeness of L, taking a potato chip and eating it, and even Matsuda alone single-handedly makes the show. Yes, Matsuda.

HoennMaster

One of my new favorites, watching the Sunday morning episodes on Adult Swim, and now I'm a little worried since the episode with L's death was two weeks ago....

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
One of my new favorites, watching the Sunday morning episodes on Adult Swim, and now I'm a little worried since the episode with L's death was two weeks ago....
The series isn't terrible after L's gone. In a way it just becomes a lesser version of itself... but since it was so great to begin with, you still have plenty of good episodes to go.

Rave

Banned

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
and even Matsuda alone single-handedly makes the show. Yes, Matsuda.

LOL, I agree. What he did with the gun at the end was really cool too. Your moment to shine, Matsuda!

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
LOL, I agree. What he did with the gun at the end was really cool too. Your moment to shine, Matsuda!
It was always nice to hear him say something naive/funny and consequently lighten the mood. And yeah, I like how he got some good attention with his serious scene in the end (seemed a bit out of character at first, but actually made sense and was pretty cool).

MustGetPlatinum

I liked the Near/Mello Arc. Just as good as the first half. But it was rushed, being about 80% of the original time.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
LADIES (Remove one letter to unveil the secret message)

The second half of the series was pretty damn poor. Would've been much better with just Mello. However, it's still worth it if just for seeing Matsuda finally grow a spine in the last volume.

-Raiga-

^
Dang archimedes, you spoiled it for me!

I don't why everyone hates(I suppose dislike is a better word) the second part of the series. In my mind L was getting a bit boring with him guessing everthing and getting it correct over and over again. I think his death was at the perfect point in the anime(and manga also of course). Plus if they wanted to make the series as long as it was and keep L the main enemy, there is no doubt it would become stale. It would also be hard to take light seriously also if he lost to L that early in the manga, and only adds to his power by defeating him.

I think the only reason people feel the last part was rushed is because near and mello had to find out everything that L did in such a short time. I think they did it fine though because it wouldn't be very interesting to see mello and near seperatly figure out everything we figured out already. I also think people are forgetting the point of both mello and near was to show both sides of L and how they had to work together in order to capture light(with the help of the japanese task force and SPK of course).

starscream88

Sackboy trainer
I loved Death Note. I tried to watch all the episodes but i think I missed some.
Just awesome.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
^
Dang archimedes, you spoiled it for me!

I don't why everyone hates(I suppose dislike is a better word) the second part of the series. In my mind L was getting a bit boring with him guessing everthing and getting it correct over and over again. I think his death was at the perfect point in the anime(and manga also of course). Plus if they wanted to make the series as long as it was and keep L the main enemy, there is no doubt it would become stale. It would also be hard to take light seriously also if he lost to L that early in the manga, and only adds to his power by defeating him.
Yes but in essence everything L did made sense. His guesses made perfect sense. When it came to Near's guesses....yeah I never bought a lot of them.