• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Death Note.

Beotium

Mew-Overlord
That is also one of my favorite anime, mostly because of the plans Light and the "L-Crew" used trying to predict and outwit each other..And ,of course, no matter how strange the situation grew, Ryuuk had his fun.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Yes but in essence everything L did made sense. His guesses made perfect sense.
The tennis match?

Near was pretty much a psychic, though.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Near was pretty much a psychic, though.
Yes, I was going to mention that Near seemed to make more perfect guesses than L did. Especially considering the fact that he pretty much knew for sure than Light was Kira, nearly from the beginning of his investigations, whereas L rarely had great faith in that idea.

Although Near did have many developments to go from, unlike L, who had pretty much started from scratch.

And let me add that I think it's a good thing that both Light and L died before the end of the series. Somehow it seems to fit that way... L finally losing a case, and Light getting his just deserts. And the world is balanced again. :)

uber gon

Accept Change
Yes, I was going to mention that Near seemed to make more perfect guesses than L did. Especially considering the fact that he pretty much knew for sure than Light was Kira, nearly from the beginning of his investigations, whereas L rarely had great faith in that idea.

Although Near did have many developments to go from, unlike L, who had pretty much started from scratch.

And let me add that I think it's a good thing that both Light and L died before the end of the series. Somehow it seems to fit that way... L finally losing a case, and Light getting his just deserts. And the world is balanced again. :)

Would've been nice for Sayu to recover in the end. I liked her.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Would've been nice for Sayu to recover in the end. I liked her.
Yeah, her last moments in the story were pretty sad. I read from someone once that Light's mother has it the worse... her daughter is traumatized from being kidnapped, her husband is dead, and her prodigy son turns out to be the mysterious murderer Kira, and has his own bitter end. Not to mention now she's pretty much all alone... what a big difference from the start of the series!

Lucille

I really hate they way, Light goes out though. The unstoppable Kira, gets shot by Matsuda? Light just should have bribed Ryuk with apples to kill Near.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I really hate they way, Light goes out though. The unstoppable Kira, gets shot by Matsuda? Light just should have bribed Ryuk with apples to kill Near.

Ryuk just sat back and watched the whole thing go down. He wouldn't of interfered. Besides, they wanted to show Light's desperation.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I don't think it really would have made a difference if Matsuda went crazy on Light or not. They pretty much had him cornered at that point.

Though I wonder how the story would have changed had Light accepted Ryuk's deal and given him half of his life for the Shinigami eyes. Did Ryuk see that Light was going to die on January 28th, or is there some rule I'm overlooking?

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
Ryuk killed Light, so there's no way to know if he was going to die then or not. Although, he probably would have died there anyway.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Yeah, I'd been wondering if a shinigami would be able to see the correct day a human will die if it would be a shinigami who kills him/her that day. But I guess they never really addressed that.

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
He would have. The Death Note does not affect those with less than twelve minutes of life left. So, Light would have lived for at least another twelve minutes, if Ryuk didn't kill him.

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
There's a lot of rules. I have a list of them, and it's very long.

The Death Note will not affect those less than 780 days old.

You cannot kill humans who are more than 124 years of age with the Death Note.

You cannot kill humans with less than 12 minutes of life left.

I could add more.

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
When i heard my friends at school i was wondering what kind of show were they watching... So my friend loans me the 1st four episodes on DVD and i have to say that the idea and plot of the show was really brilliant. It kept me guessing to the end. Its a battle of wit and mind. I cant wait to borrow more DVD's.

Golde

Always Searching~
The anime was great, right up until L's death. M & N were pitiful...

Oh, hey, does anyone know if that one rule, the 23 day rule or whatever is real? Like, from the movie? The one that said that if your name is written, you must die within 23 days?

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
Yes, it is real.

The Death Note can only operate within a 23-day window.

If you write "dies from disease" and specify which disease but not a time of death, if the progression of the disease takes more than 24 days, the 23-day rule will not take effect and the human will die at an appropriate time depending on the disease. However, rewriting the cause and/or details of death must be done within six minutes and 40 seconds: you cannot change the victim's time of death, however soon it may be.

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
One-Shot? I have no idea what that is.
I read the Los Angeles BB Murder Cases a few weeks ago.

uber gon

Accept Change
One-Shot? I have no idea what that is.
I read the Los Angeles BB Murder Cases a few weeks ago.

I thonk it's this issue where someone else gets the Death Note in the 13th manga issue, or this chapter post-Light.