• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Death Note.

Alloute

Not Banned
Misa is an annoying fool, she deserved to die.

No, she wanted to be loved, she was all alone.

I honestly feel sorry for her, she deserved better.

Lucille

In the anime, she is last seen on a high building or on a tower, and she looks depressed.

Matsuda told Misa that Light-kun died? I believe she went to jail right? Poor Misa...

Nah Misa didn't go to jail, they didn't have her notebook so they couldn't prove she the was second Kira. I'm assuming the taskforce kept a close eye on her though, just in case.

Pellio

Camp Casual Citizen
I don't know about the manga, but maybe I'd agree if he wasn't doing the whole thing out of boredom haha. Maybe angst wasn't the right word to use.

I felt sorry for her too. I think her character had to be so annoying and clingy to make it feasible for her to be so crazy over Kira/Light.

Alloute

Not Banned
Nah Misa didn't go to jail, they didn't have her notebook so they couldn't prove she the was second Kira. I'm assuming the taskforce kept a close eye on her though, just in case.

Are you sure?

It was pretty much proven that Misa was a Kira when Light was begging for Misa to kill Near in the final chapters, when he was cornered by Near and the Task Force :/

Also, I think the databook (13) said she was arrested and she commited suicide about a year later.

Lucille

Are you sure?

It was pretty much proven that Misa was a Kira when Light was begging for Misa to kill Near in the final chapters, when he was cornered by Near and the Task Force :/

Also, I think the databook (13) said she was arrested and she commited suicide about a year later.

I'm pretty sure, I'll go look right now.

EDIT: All I could find is that Misa died on February 14th 2011

Last edited:

-Raiga-

Yeah, I remember reading in the 13th book that mikami commited suicide while he was in jail. I will have to check again, but I think in the 10 questions part or something they say misa died about a year later after the yellowbox scene, but my memory is bad so I'm not sure. Either way, if misa had the average life expectancy of about 70(closer to 75, but whatever), it was halved two times from the eye trade, so her life would have been around 17.5, so it makes sense if she died then.

Mimori Kiryu

I think Mikami was one one who was arrested and committed suicide. It's just that the Anime screwed that one up.
You're right; that's how it happened. Misa's ending or what she did after Light was gone was never really explained.

Anyway, Death Note was alright for me. I own the series because it's still fun to rewatch when I need some mind tricks but the series sucks after L's demise. I can't stand Near (Mello is so much better) and I just don't think the series was as awesome. The live action movies have a such better plot. I wish that could've been the show's plot. I mean, I know Mello wouldn't have been there but...L should've triumphed over Light. That's the way it was supposed to be. :/

Lucille

Yeah, I remember reading in the 13th book that mikami commited suicide while he was in jail. I will have to check again, but I think in the 10 questions part or something they say misa died about a year later after the yellowbox scene, but my memory is bad so I'm not sure. Either way, if misa had the average life expectancy of about 70(closer to 75, but whatever), it was halved two times from the eye trade, so her life would have been around 17.5, so it makes sense if she died then.

Misa would have had a higher life expectancy, because doesn't your life span increase when a Shinigami saves your life? In that case Misa would have had the remaining years of Gelus and Rem.

Misa would have had a higher life expectancy, because doesn't your life span increase when a Shinigami saves your life? In that case Misa would have had the remaining years of Gelus and Rem.
No, a humans life cant be increased by the Death Note, only in the case that another Death Note user killed a person who would shorten your lifespan, that's what happened with Gelous and Rem, both killed the people who would kill Misa and thus increasing her lifespan.
But since Misa made the Eye Deal two times (The second one was useless, or at least thats how it is in the anime), she would die young anyway.
Besides, Shinigami can have a lifespan of hundreds, maybe thousands of years due to the use of the Death Note, so it's pretty senseless to say that.
I don't understand why there's so much Misa hate honestly
Because Misa is annoying, and those who deny it should get an IQ test.

This is probably an old joke, but if you read Yagami backwards, it reads "I'm a gay", It's probably just a coincidence.

Last edited:

Lucille

No, a humans life cant be increased by the Death Note, only in the case that another Death Note user killed a person who would shorten your lifespan, that's what happened with Gelous and Rem, both killed the people who would kill Misa and thus increasing her lifespan.
But since Misa made the Eye Deal two times (The second one was useless, or at least thats how it is in the anime), she would die young anyway.
Besides, Shinigami can have a lifespan of hundreds, maybe thousands of years due to the use of the Death Note, so it's pretty senseless to say that.

Misa did the eyedeal with Ryuk BEFORE Rem died. So Misa would probably have lived a lengthly life, but those who write in the Death Note experiance great misery.

Rys

Postcount melting!
Misa did the eyedeal with Ryuk BEFORE Rem died. So Misa would probably have lived a lengthly life, but those who write in the Death Note experiance great misery.
Misa did the eye deal what? two or three times? Unless Rem and Gelous were almost on their death bed I don't see how she died so early because before the eye deals she would have lived a another 28 or so years which is still pretty young.

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
Misa did the eye deal what? two or three times? Unless Rem and Gelous were almost on their death bed I don't see how she died so early because before the eye deals she would have lived a another 28 or so years which is still pretty young.

As everyone has been saying, she committed suicide.

Lucille

Yeah, Misa commited suicide. Maybe Near wrote her name in the Death Note too. I wouldn't put anything past that white haired prick.

Pellio

Camp Casual Citizen
So change you change your time of death with suicide or will the day you commit suicide be your time of death? As in the time the shinigami see above you.

Aww poor Near!

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
Yeah, Misa commited suicide. Maybe Near wrote her name in the Death Note too. I wouldn't put anything past that white haired prick.

Misa dies on Feburary 14th, 2011. Light dies in 2010. The upper time limit for the Death Note to take effect is 23 days; if you set someone to die any later, they'd die at the end of the 23rd day. And Near burned all the notebooks; whether he used them on Mikami or not is debatable, but that was really to catch Kira. He's L's successor, and wouldn't use the Death Note; it would be like pissing on his grave. Near stated early on to the SPK he could just kill Kira and all associated with him, but L wouldn't approve.

Alloute

Not Banned
I'm pretty sure, I'll go look right now.

EDIT: All I could find is that Misa died on February 14th 2011

Haha ok. I will research it further.

Misa was Kira, the Task Force and Near knew it, so I am sure they arrested her, why would they let her go?