• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Death Note.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Jeffrey Dahmer, for instance; the man did murder, rape and cannibalize young men, but I wouldn't call him "evil". He wasn't wringing his hands and cackling while he did it, he was mentally disturbed. He killed those men out of a twisted display of love, but that's not evil. It wasn't done maliciously. The man's wires were clearly crossed, and he didn't deserve to be beaten to death in prison. It's reasons like that I disagree with the death penalty.

Because when you think about it, what is death exactly? For all we know, maybe it's an existence greater than life itself, when you finally become one with the universe and gain an understanding beyond normal human comprehension. There's no reason or evidence for suggesting this, but then there isn't any for a divine puppet master who hates them gay folk, either.
Well the whole point of capital punishment is that you're taking away the criminal's right to life - as in they no longer deserve to continue walking the earth just to cause trouble. It's not like anyone's trying to sentence them to an eternity in Hell or anything like that - what happens after you die has nothing to do with the death penalty (I'm not saying whether I support/oppose it, BTW).

There's no set meaning for "justice"; like good and evil, it changes. I could instigate genocide under the pretence of justice to prevent overpopulation, but would you agree to that? If not, then why the hell do you agree with the ambitions of a narcisstic little **** with a Messiah complex?
Under Kira's plan, you can supposedly stay away from his "justice" by being a 'good' person, not to mention staying out of his way. But your example seems pretty random - I don't know if anyone would agree with it. :)

All that said, I do agree that Kira was not justice, because he (nor any human) truly knows or fully understands what justice is. Honestly, Kira ended up being the insane one himself - he even literally went a little mental in the final episode, when his plan finally broke down on him.

Pellio

Camp Casual Citizen
We all know and understand what it is; humans thought it up in the first place, the problem lies in the fact everybody has their own idea as to what constitutes justice.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
We all know and understand what it is; humans thought it up in the first place, the problem lies in the fact everybody has their own idea as to what constitutes justice.
Well yeah, that's what I was getting at. :p

Unless you're religious, in which case justice is dependant on certain rules of morality; in any case, it's a tough issue.

Pellio

Camp Casual Citizen
Yeah but religion is for people that can't decide on their own :p

Pellio

Camp Casual Citizen
Well that's a different point all together, not sure if I agree though, however I'm not up for a religious debate ^___^

Lucille

man, Light should of given up ownership of the death note again to trick Near...

Pellio

Camp Casual Citizen
I preferred Light when he genuinely didn't think he was Kira ^__^;;

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I preferred Light when he genuinely didn't think he was Kira ^__^;;
That part was a bit strange for me. I understand he didn't think he was Kira, and so he was truly trying to catch him - but wouldn't the Light before he became Kira still think at least somewhat like Kira does? I mean why did he seem like such an innocent person who hated what Kira stood for...?

And BTW I actually thought Light was a lot more interesting and complimented the series when he knew he was Kira. Though I do think that him being 'normal' created a somewhat interesting dynamic for the plot.

Pellio

Camp Casual Citizen
Uh, so I am not alone.

He was actually as pure as "light" when he had no clue as to who he really was :/

Oh good, thought I was too! He was quite determined to catch Kira, even if it did turn out to be himself, makes me almost wish he'd never found the note! (even though there would be no story XD) I felt a loss when he remembered the book because L and him had been forming a sort of friendship *single tear* haha.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
The scene in which Light quietly takes the notebook from L, screams as all the insane memories return, and L suggests it must have been because he saw Rem was pretty amazing. :)

Pellio

Camp Casual Citizen
What do you mean by amazing?
It was so tense though :( I didn't want him to take it! Do you really think that's what L thought it was about? (actually its possible since L went a bit bananas when he realised shinigami were real hahaha)

Lucille

It was so tense though :( I didn't want him to take it! Do you really think that's what L thought it was about? (actually its possible since L went a bit bananas when he realised shinigami were real hahaha)

No, L believed that Light was Kira. Nothing would change his mind about it. He was 99% sure that Light was Kira. So he probably thought something fishy was behind it. Especially sence in episode 25, L is standing in the rain, it was like he knew what was coming next

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I mean it was a highly anticipated moment, on top of being hilarious at the same time. I loved how L suddenly realized the notebook wasn't in his grasp anymore, and Light was holding it with an intense expression on his face. And then it was satisfying (at least to me) watching all the memories return in that crazy scream, and finally it ends with more hilarity from L when he tries to attribute that intense scream to seeing the monster-shinigami Rem, similar to how he was surprised himself (except without the crazy yelling).

Do you really think that's what L thought it was about? (actually its possible since L went a bit bananas when he realised shinigami were real hahaha)
I think I agree with AhTreyYou here; I sort of had a feeling that was just L's comical way of hiding his true thoughts, as he'd done before. I also had a feeling he might have realized Kira (perhaps even that it was Light) was going to kill him that fateful rainy day... perhaps L's death and his knowledge of things before it was meant to be ambiguous, because to be honest, I'm not really completely sure about anything there. :/

L was very mysterious, even up until his death.

Last edited:

Lucille

I mean it was a highly anticipated moment, on top of being hilarious at the same time. I loved how L suddenly realized the notebook wasn't in his grasp anymore, and Light was holding it with an intense expression on his face. And then it was satisfying (at least to me) watching all the memories return in that crazy scream, and finally it ends with more hilarity from L when he tries to attribute that intense scream to seeing the monster-shinigami Rem, similar to how he was surprised himself (except without the crazy yelling).

I think I agree with AhTreyYou here; I sort of had a feeling that was just L's comical way of hiding his true thoughts, as he'd done before. I also had a feeling he might have realized Kira (perhaps even that it was Light) was going to kill him that fateful rainy day... perhaps L's death and his knowledge of things before it was meant to be ambiguous, because to be honest, I'm not really completely sure about anything there. :/

L was very mysterious, even up until his death.

L figured it out because he was close to discovering that Misa was acting as Kira again.

Rys

Postcount melting!
Light was much better when he was evil.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Haha first off, lighten up.
We have sociopaths in this topic and accusations of me being unable to read when the person in question doesn't know how to write (hyperbole, but bear with me).

but i guess i should never take anything on the internet seriously perhaps i already disregard most of it anyway why not go the whole nine yards

Secondly, I may have not made much indication as to what I meant by it, but I kind of assumed people would get it, since all I said was his IDEA about removing crime (not his method, his idea)... And also, if you didn't know what I meant by it you shouldn't have commented on it in such a challenging way, if you were that concerned you could've asked :/
let us never interpret others' posts even when their wording would commonly indicate something that logically follows an interpretation

let us always ask that they clarify what they mean because people never backpedal and never get caught up in semantics

Also, no matter what you say, calling people delusional twats is always rude :) Especially when you're trying to claim that I think "tyranny and objectivism are the solutions to the world's problems"... Which I don't.
right a guy says "n*ggers are sub-human and should be killed" no one should call him names it's always rude to call someone names

Also amusing that you point to "delusional twats" instead of me calling out Light's supporters as no different than sociopaths.

I don't actually think there is plausible solution, just to let you know.
There will always be corruption and the like, but taking a more humanitarian, logical approach to the legal system will be beneficial. Taking out the blind bloodlust that wannabe-sociopaths like AhTreyYou propose would also help. But the root of the issues -- inequality -- need to be addressed (especially pertaining to educational and job opportunity).

Oh, and get rid of neo-liberalism. It only works through colonialism and imperialism, dressed up to sound good but isn't any different than the social and economic injustices performed through the Middle and Dark Ages. Get rid of the hypocritical clowns who advocate such unfounded ideals).

Tall order, but not impossible. We won't see it in our lifetime, but it's feasible in the long run.

Well that's a different point all together, not sure if I agree though, however I'm not up for a religious debate ^___^
If people didn't think there were consequences for your actions beyond a mortal life, humanity would be worse off. I'm not going to fool myself and think that if more people held my view on that issue, that things would get better.