• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Debunking the Pokémon Types for Fun

Rune Knight

What if pokémon types strengths and weaknesses were reversed using ludicrous but somewhat logical reasoning?

Here are a branch of examples:

1) Fire should be strong against Water because heat makes water evaporate!
2) Fighting should be strong against Ghost because ghosts aren't real!
3) Electric should be strong against Ground because lightning strikes the ground!
4) Ice should be strong against Fire because fire melts ice into water which puts it out!
5) Dark should be strong against Fighting because you can't see in the dark!

MidnightHo-Oh

Nice concept! However, I see a few holes in your reasoning :p

-- You say Ice is strong to Fire because the ice melts into water, but wouldn't the fire also evaporate the water as mentioned in how Fire is strong to Water, thus still rendering Ice weak to fire?

-- While electricity does strike the ground, does it really do any damage other than leaving a 'scar' upon the earth?

-- If Dark is strong to Fighting because you can't see in the dark, couldn't that same logic apply to Ghosts since you can't always see ghosts either?

Also, out of curiosity, what of duel types?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I have a few that would or should make sense.
Bug should have retained the Poison weakness as insecticides exist and if Grass can be weak against Poison type moves because of herbicides then Bug should get the same.
Water should be weak against Ice because water freezes and spraying a giant sheet of ice with a hose is just going to create more ice.
Bug should be weak to Ice because cold kills most bugs in real life

Rune Knight

Nice concept! However, I see a few holes in your reasoning :p

-- You say Ice is strong to Fire because the ice melts into water, but wouldn't the fire also evaporate the water as mentioned in how Fire is strong to Water, thus still rendering Ice weak to fire?

-- While electricity does strike the ground, does it really do any damage other than leaving a 'scar' upon the earth?

-- If Dark is strong to Fighting because you can't see in the dark, couldn't that same logic apply to Ghosts since you can't always see ghosts either?

Also, out of curiosity, what of duel types?

I'm bad and I didn't think it thoroughly enough. : (