• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dec 14:SM54- Shine, Z-Power Ring! A Super Fully Powered 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuoko

Hey look! Bounsweet's doing something that seems important and Rowlet's going to learn a new move!!

Do your best Lillie!!! I hope it's more action and less sappy dialogue. I don't know, I don't think the whole emotional sequence of Lillie talking about their past having fun together and her being rude to her doesn't seem to fit when your mother is in sync with an Ultra Beast. I'd like to see Lillie physically save her mother by separating them. Lusamine-Nihelgo anyone? :D

Honestly, I'd like to see that too, though I'm expecting they'll go the dialogue route.

I personally am quite excited about Rowlet getting a new move, though the screenshot seems to suggest it's a Z-Move, unless that's just for comedic effect.

DatsRight

I'd love if they actually went somewhere with the two being teammates at last after the vitriol Steenee usually gives Rowlet. Though Steenee getting to do anything in the plot is a plus I suppose.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
So, I wonder how Ash will get the Pikashunium Z in Ultra Space anyway? In SM052, he got the Z Power Ring and Solganium Z to get into Ultra Space, but not the Pikashunium Z. And I doubt the Tapus are going to enter Ultra Space anyway. Probably the heat of the moment, and the influence of Ultra Space magically transform his Electrium Z to a Pikashunium Z.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So, I wonder how Ash will get the Pikashunium Z in Ultra Space anyway? In SM052, he got the Z Power Ring and Solganium Z to get into Ultra Space, but not the Pikashunium Z. And I doubt the Tapus are going to enter Ultra Space anyway. Probably the heat of the moment, and the influence of Ultra Space magically transform his Electrium Z to a Pikashunium Z.

Well it has been shown that the Tapus haven't entered the Ultra Space, so yeah....I guess it will somehow magically transform due to the influence of the Ultra Space.

Or maybe.....Solgaleo transforms it magically? ;) It's a legendary after all.

Well it has been shown that the Tapus haven't entered the Ultra Space, so yeah....I guess it will somehow magically transform due to the influence of the Ultra Space.

Or maybe.....Solgaleo transforms it magically? ;) It's a legendary after all.

I've got it: it's one of those suspiciously Z-Crystal shaped whatchamacallits in the Mother Beast's tentacles that I totally just noticed.

ljcmarques

We have seen this animation for Peck a thousand times by now and you guys are especulating about a new move for Rowlet? He is just making a combo move with Steene, but he is just using freaking Peck attack. There is nothing new here.

And the fact that Lillie is smiling could be a sequence to the scene Clefable runs towards her using Dazzling Gleam. Lillie probably stands in front of her thinking that she might make the Pokémon remember her from when she was just a Clefairy (the anime pretty much dedicated one discussion scene against Lillie and Lusamine in which Lillie states that she would rather keep taking care of Clefable as a Clefairy).

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Maybe he earns it by bleeding tooth and nail for the thing. It's just a thought for the writers.

DatsRight

Maybe he earns it by bleeding tooth and nail for the thing. It's just a thought for the writers.

It would be a nice change (I mean, let's be fair, even with the Z Ring and Nebby, he has EARNED some stuff this series, Rock Throw, Fire Fang, most of the Z Moves were trained for, even Rockruff's evolution wasn't a DEM). I can see it just being another hand out for plot dynamic, but hopefully it will at least be story integrated like the others instead of 'the power of really really wanting something' like previous series spammed.

Evanibble

While I agree with you in that it shouldn't just be given to him, I don't exactly see how he would earn it that way in Ultra Space. Like, does he fight for it? Is it something that he sees in Ultra Space and fights to physically obtain it? Or does it end up being a situation where him and Pikachu are on the verge of defeat and he just feels this sudden rush of energy and the Eletrium-Z "evolves" into Pikashunium-Z? Genuinely interested in how the writers would make this happen.

DatsRight

While I agree with you in that it shouldn't just be given to him, I don't exactly see how he would earn it that way in Ultra Space. Like, does he fight for it? Is it something that he sees in Ultra Space and fights to physically obtain it? Or does it end up being a situation where him and Pikachu are on the verge of defeat and he just feels this sudden rush of energy and the Eletrium-Z "evolves" into Pikashunium-Z? Genuinely interested in how the writers would make this happen.

Actually while a necessary Z Crystal being discarded in Ultra Space would still be a bit too convenient, such a condition where he has to nab it would be interesting.

Rajas

After Ash gets Pikashunium Z then the Electrium Z will not be needed anymore so imo it'll most likely transform into the new version. Finding a random crystal in US would be kind of too weird for me. I honestly would have preferred if Tapu Koko had just morphed it while making Ash's new Z Ring tbh.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
After Ash gets Pikashunium Z then the Electrium Z will not be needed anymore so imo it'll most likely transform into the new version. Finding a random crystal in US would be kind of too weird for me. I honestly would have preferred if Tapu Koko had just morphed it while making Ash's new Z Ring tbh.

They'll probably go with the whole idea that while morphing Ash's Z Ring to the Z Power Ring, Tapu Koko also secretly transformed his Electrium Z into a 'mysterious' new version without Ash realizing it, or during the battle against Nihilego, Ash and Pikachu are losing, and Ash calls out Gigavolt Havoc full power and in desperation, only for the Z Crystal to 'resonate' with their feelings and transform into a super powered version Thunderbolt.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
They'll probably go with the whole idea that while morphing Ash's Z Ring to the Z Power Ring, Tapu Koko also secretly transformed his Electrium Z into a 'mysterious' new version without Ash realizing it, or during the battle against Nihilego, Ash and Pikachu are losing, and Ash calls out Gigavolt Havoc full power and in desperation, only for the Z Crystal to 'resonate' with their feelings and transform into a super powered version Thunderbolt.
Knowing this anime and its fondness for showing off the Power of Friendship—especially when it comes to Ash's relationship with Pikachu (the ultimate example of the Power of Friendship)—I can see the latter happening: Ash and Pikachu are losing against Nihilego, and in a last desperation attempt, Ash calls out Gigavolt Havoc at full power, and the Electrium-Z resonates with his and Pikachu's feelings and transforms into Pikashunium-Z. It would be the physical manifestation of the Power of Friendship.

dman_dustin

We have seen this animation for Peck a thousand times by now and you guys are especulating about a new move for Rowlet? He is just making a combo move with Steene, but he is just using freaking Peck attack. There is nothing new here.

Yeah...we have seen peck's animation in the Sun and Moon anime before, and it looks like a glowing bird shaped aura surrounding the Pokemon, or a giant beak shaped aura

Unless they changed the animation for this episode, that is NOT what we see in the image.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Yeah...we have seen peck's animation in the Sun and Moon anime before, and it looks like a glowing bird shaped aura surrounding the Pokemon, or a giant beak shaped aura

Unless they changed the animation for this episode, that is NOT what we see in the image.

I assume Rowlet is using Bloomdoom since it's supposed to be a z-combo move while Steenee just doubleslaps him at the enemy to make it more like a bomb grenade than just rowlet exploding in place.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
So I'm guessing the combination is going to be Steenee using Sweet Scent to lure Rowlet towards it. It then slaps Rowlet towards the enemy like a grenade. Meanwhile, with the momentum due to the slap, Rowlet uses Peck, and covers itself with Bloom Doom.

ljcmarques

Not really. There was a few times the aura between Rowlet was just a glowing yellow energy. We know that those magazines always tries to make a fuss about minor moments of the episode...

DatsRight

I'd truthfully love if Steenee and Rowlet for once worked on sympathetic terms instead of Steenee using her Tsundere abuse on Rowlet as a chekhov's skill. Just one sort of 'Awww they do care' moment.

I mean, even Turtonator and Marowak got a mutual moment recently, why not these two?

Rajas

I see the latter happening, the back against the wall power burst seems fitting for Ash and Pikachu. Last chance to save Lusamine etc. Scenes when Ash's Z Move puts Lusamine into a coma.

I assume Rowlet is using Bloomdoom since it's supposed to be a z-combo move while Steenee just doubleslaps him at the enemy to make it more like a bomb grenade than just rowlet exploding in place.

My wonder about using a Z Move though is since when can Ash use two Z moves within the space of one battle? That'll be a possible Bloom Doom then 10000000 Volt Thunderbolt and I don't think spamming Z Moves would be a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.