• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dec 15th: SM7 - The Marketplace Wanderer, Nyabby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Litten is a loner. Ash left a bad impression on her/him so it'll take a while for Litten to like and respect Ash. The heart to heart conversation they will have later will mend the past battle wounds.

And Litten doesn't seem to have any baggage other than being a street cat like Meowth. But treated much better so a harmless feral.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Does anyone else think this will also serve as Ash's bonding episode with Kiawe? I know the focus will mainly be on Litten, but I was thinking that this would also be the case for the following reasons:
  • Ash mostly spent time with Mallow when he caught Rowlet, so they may do the same thing with Kiawe accompanying him instead
  • Unless they have a special Z-move focused episode in the future, I think it kind of makes sense that they would have Ash episode with Kiawe first before he has the episode with Lillie and the egg the following week
  • The fact that it takes place in a marketplace could either show Kiawe's family ranch as mentioned in his bio, or show his job that he has in the games since they could both have a vendor stand there

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
I can hardly believe that Litten starts hating trainers in general just because Ash stepped on his tail once on accident, so I'm sure we will get some backstory. Fingers crossed it's not "previous trainer was abusive so Litten decides to not trust trainers in general". I hope it's more like Litten is very arrogant and refuses to be in command of a trainer, as he does not want to feel inferior to wild Pokemon's who can act on their own. I guess Ash can tell him that is not the case, which makes Litten want to be with Ash or something.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Litten will most probably be the ace of SM as it seems to have a deep backstory(having a grudge against Ash at first).

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
That assumes Popplio even evolves at all. If it doesn't, it being male doesn't really matter, since Popplio itself is fairly gender neutral anyway.

But this isn't the thread for that topic.

As humorous as that would be, I doubt the anime would go there. Usually in the anime, if it's a masculine looking Pokemon, it's male. If it's feminine looking, it's female. I could be wrong, but I don't recall any example of the opposite occurring except maybe Cameron's female Samurott from BW. But SM is supposed to be more comedy based, so who knows?

Also, FWIW, Litten's dub voice sounds pretty masculine to me though it can be hard to tell sometimes.

That moment when Incineroar's Throat Chop becomes an open handed slap.. xD

The shock that will occur when it's gender is never revealed... or proven male XD

Yeah, I really wouldn't want to find myself definitively speaking out for one gender or another on the Litten-case.. I think it might be female, but there's really no telling. It's not particularly girlish, it's just a cat.

Does anyone else think this will also serve as Ash's bonding episode with Kiawe? I know the focus will mainly be on Litten, but I was thinking that this would also be the case for the following reasons:
  • Ash mostly spent time with Mallow when he caught Rowlet, so they may do the same thing with Kiawe accompanying him instead
  • Unless they have a special Z-move focused episode in the future, I think it kind of makes sense that they would have Ash episode with Kiawe first before he has the episode with Lillie and the egg the following week
  • The fact that it takes place in a marketplace could either show Kiawe's family ranch as mentioned in his bio, or show his job that he has in the games since they could both have a vendor stand there

Yup, I made a post about it in the episode dicussion thread for the Lana episode.. Probably not the right place to do as such, but did it anyway..

Was it specifically Mallow? I thought it was more a group thing? Okay.. I checked the pics and you're right. So basically:

- SM1: Exposition for Alola Region in general.
- SM2: Exposition for Alola Region and plot.
- SM3: Exposition for the school and Rotomdex.
- SM4: Mallow
- SM5: Lana
- SM6: Sophocles
- SM7: Kiawe
- SM8: Lillie
- SM9: Start of the Trial Challenge, or trip to Hala's village/Introduction of Hau?

Last edited:

Rohanator

As humorous as that would be, I doubt the anime would go there. Usually in the anime, if it's a masculine looking Pokemon, it's male. If it's feminine looking, it's female. I could be wrong, but I don't recall any example of the opposite occurring except maybe Cameron's female Samurott from BW. But SM is supposed to be more comedy based, so who knows?
Them making a masculine looking Mon female just for the sake of a laugh would probably be quite offensive for a lot of people so I hope they don't go there.

Then again Japan isn't known for being all that aware of such issues, at least if anime is anything to go by.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
I will want a Litten backstory. It be funny if he/she have the same backstory of a Pokemon like Bulbasaur. A Pokemon that happens to show up in a village. It founds comfort in the village, with food.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I will want a Litten backstory. It be funny if he/she have the same backstory of a Pokemon like Bulbasaur. A Pokemon that happens to show up in a village. It founds comfort in the village, with food.

We've had a token abandoned starter every series since DP. Litten fills that void.

satopi

Litten, the first Fire Type Pokemon starter that haven't been abandoned and evades the curse.

shadowF

Wait can someone help me out here? Why are people saying Litten is female?

Mr. Guy

Banned
Ash's Pokemon are generally assumed to be male unless stated otherwise.

And it evolves into Incineroar, which is about as stereotypically masculine as a Pokemon can get.

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
As much as I hope that Ash catches Litten, I just wish the running distrust to him (or trainers, in general) would last longer. There are like tons of other ways for Litten to realize that Ash isn't one of those trainers, and a sad backstory for its disposition towards them would be appreciated. Although, with a personality like this cat's, I can already see it evolving into Incineroar for its development. I'm excited, nonetheless!

Thing is, from the summaries we have, it's likely a given that Ash will get Litten (and if it means tons of Litten screentime that's awesome). But I feel like maybe it'd be better for Lillie to get it. Seeing as Lillie doesn't like to touch Pokemon and Litten apparently mistrusts humans, they could both learn to get over their fears by sticking together, instead of the traditional "Ash/Other Pokemon Lover gets the trust of the mistrustful Pokemon" thing that gets kinda boring. It'd be nice to see Lillie gain the trust of Litten over the series, while Litten helps her be able to touch Pokemon. However, Ash is probs gonna get it. I'm fine with it because it means more adorable Fire Kitty time, but part of me hoped for a small break from what we've seen before.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Ash's Pokemon are generally assumed to be male unless stated otherwise.

And it evolves into Incineroar, which is about as stereotypically masculine as a Pokemon can get.

Did you just assume all of ash's pokemons' genders?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Thing is, from the summaries we have, it's likely a given that Ash will get Litten (and if it means tons of Litten screentime that's awesome). But I feel like maybe it'd be better for Lillie to get it. Seeing as Lillie doesn't like to touch Pokemon and Litten apparently mistrusts humans, they could both learn to get over their fears by sticking together, instead of the traditional "Ash/Other Pokemon Lover gets the trust of the mistrustful Pokemon" thing that gets kinda boring. It'd be nice to see Lillie gain the trust of Litten over the series, while Litten helps her be able to touch Pokemon. However, Ash is probs gonna get it. I'm fine with it because it means more adorable Fire Kitty time, but part of me hoped for a small break from what we've seen before.
That's the thing, though. Does Litten mistrust humans? It seemed fine with that old lady feeding it in the Rowlet episode. It just seems to be Ash that Litten has beef with.

This feels like more of a thing where Ash has to learn to bond with Litten tbh.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
That's the thing, though. Does Litten mistrust humans? It seemed fine with that old lady feeding it in the Rowlet episode. It just seems to be Ash that Litten has beef with.

This feels like more of a thing where Ash has to learn to bond with Litten tbh.

Maybe it not trusting humans is the norm and it's built a bond with the old lady (or it doesn't mind humans when they give it food. Would not mind seeing it take a liking to Ash because he has food, but then walks off somewhere when it's finished. Probably because that's exactly how my cats act, smh).

satopi

What if Litten likes girls but not boys? I just think Litten has the worst luck. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.