• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dec 1st: SM5 - Popplio, Do Your Balloonest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Seems like a filler-type episode, but I don't mind these type of fillers. I feel like this solidifies what XY has been lacking; depth of character. If we are dedicating an episode to develop interaction and individual character then I'm cool with it. Much better than random CotD appearing to do absolutely nothing in terms of development.

phanpycross

God-king
Seems like a filler-type episode, but I don't mind these type of fillers. I feel like this solidifies what XY has been lacking; depth of character. If we are dedicating an episode to develop interaction and individual character then I'm cool with it. Much better than random CotD appearing to do absolutely nothing in terms of development.
That moment when you were one of the hardest critics on XYZ for all 3 years of it running, but then suddenly start feeling bad for it

Im sorry XY fans

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Agreed,if the fillers are like this episode then I wouldn't mind them at all.
Just don't give me those cotd/Team Rocket/Johto fillers.

This episode probably isn't a filler though lol

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Filler episode would imply that character depth isn't gained/explored or the story doesn't advance in some form like a capture or new move.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
sounds like a nice episode, lana development is always welcome. also i'm assuming the mysterious shadow is either a new pokemon or team rocket.

Holy157

They threw Ash x Mallow in our face in 1&2, so are we finally getting Ash x Lana? Though I would probably take a sibling kind of relationship over it being a ship.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Lana making the moves on Ash before Mao chan snatches him back. We all know borrowing a fishing rod is just an excuse to bring Ash to her house to... ya know... :D

Babysit her sisters!! I bet this tournament will lead to some hilarious Mao/Lillie interactions. Mao chan wouldn't know what to do and Lillie will be giving her pointers or Mao chan messing up and Lillie gets caught in the mess. Kiawe better keep watch as the madness continues. Share the popcorn with Prof Kukui. I guess Principal Samson is the referee. Hopefully Togedemaru doesn't electrocute the whole river just to cheat. And Litten wants some fish! Or attack Ash again for taking its lunch. Watch when Rowlet and Litten get into a fight. Litten would be mad while Rowlet would act clueless and mellow. :3

It'll be pretty cool to see Ash fish up Team Rocket.

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit

I mean XY had its fair share of that, not a fan of the sudden revisionist history. This is a simple episode about Lana explaining her dreams and motivation, let's not act like XY didn't cover something so basic :/

And the idea that we won't be getting cotd fillers eventually from SM is a bit much expectations wise, is anything well probably get more, they'll just be more entertaining

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Babysit her sisters!! I bet this tournament will lead to some hilarious Mao/Lillie interactions. Mao chan wouldn't know what to do and Lillie will be giving her pointers or Mao chan messing up and Lillie gets caught in the mess. Kiawe better keep watch as the madness continues. Share the popcorn with Prof Kukui. I guess Principal Samson is the referee. Hopefully Togedemaru doesn't electrocute the whole river just to cheat.

Lillie will probably give everyone pointers on the best way to fish for Pokémon, given what she read in a book. That is, of course, if she doesn't sit this one out. Since the fishing expedition will be on Sea Ride Pokémon, Lillie might actually stay on the sidelines, unless she is dragged onto the back of Lapras by one of her classmates (probably Mallow).

I wouldn't be surprised if Sophocles pulls a Clemont and uses science to come up with the most efficient way to catch fish. (Hopefully, he will be more successful than his predecessor at designing inventions that don't explode in his face within moments of completion.)

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
hm so i guess in the anime, lana's house [spoil]isn't in konikoni city.[/spoil] it's near the school on melemele island.

satopi

Lillie will probably give everyone pointers on the best way to fish for Pokémon, given what she read in a book. That is, of course, if she doesn't sit this one out. Since the fishing expedition will be on Sea Ride Pokémon, Lillie might actually stay on the sidelines, unless she is dragged onto the back of Lapras by one of her classmates (probably Mallow).
I bet she'll be wearing gloves! :D

I wouldn't be surprised if Sophocles pulls a Clemont and uses science to come up with the most efficient way to catch fish. (Hopefully, he will be more successful than his predecessor at designing inventions that don't explode in his face within moments of completion.)
That's beause he isn't rushing it. We've yet to see his inventions but Togedemaru will definitely be the one who'll charge the program!

hm so i guess in the anime, lana's house [spoil]isn't in konikoni city.[/spoil] it's near the school on melemele island.
I bet Kiawe lives further like in a rural area on Melemele Island. He seems to be taking his Ride Pokémon Charizard to school.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
If the shadow is referring to a Pokemon I'd guess Wishiwashi School Form, but considering their appearance in the VA list I'd be more inclined to think it's Team Rocket in one of their submarines again.

The first option is infinitely better though.

diakyu

I dont think Lana's sisters are even in the games so I guess the anime has free range to design them however, hope their just not shorter palette swaps of Lana
They are in the game, you can visit them at Lana's house and there's a story bit with them. But in the games' they're just generic little girls.

Janovy

Banned
HOLD ON, Lana is a teacher? At least for that particular class?

That's kind of weird if she's just a regular student. Maybe it's because she's a Trial Captain?

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Lana making the moves on Ash before Mao chan snatches him back. We all know borrowing a fishing rod is just an excuse to bring Ash to her house to... ya know... :D

Babysit her sisters!! I bet this tournament will lead to some hilarious Mao/Lillie interactions. Mao chan wouldn't know what to do and Lillie will be giving her pointers or Mao chan messing up and Lillie gets caught in the mess. Kiawe better keep watch as the madness continues. Share the popcorn with Prof Kukui. I guess Principal Samson is the referee. Hopefully Togedemaru doesn't electrocute the whole river just to cheat. And Litten wants some fish! Or attack Ash again for taking its lunch. Watch when Rowlet and Litten get into a fight. Litten would be mad while Rowlet would act clueless and mellow. :3

It'll be pretty cool to see Ash fish up Team Rocket.

Kukui should pass the popcorn to us, or make more. Gonna be a nice movie chilling next to Rockruff and Kukui. I wonder actually when Samson gets his Koala Pokémon.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'd like to see this be a Lana and her Popplio- centric episode! Can't wait for this to air!

I'm a fan of Lana, so I do hope that she'll get more development here. Judging from all the SM previews that I've seen, I like how Popplio's being portrayed in the anime and I think it's really cute. So I'm looking forward to whatever it's doing here. :3

DatsRight

I mean XY had its fair share of that, not a fan of the sudden revisionist history. This is a simple episode about Lana explaining her dreams and motivation, let's not act like XY didn't cover something so basic :/

And the idea that we won't be getting cotd fillers eventually from SM is a bit much expectations wise, is anything well probably get more, they'll just be more entertaining

I would like for the series to experiment with more twerp-exclusive episodes where the character in play is actually pivoting the entire story. Sort of like Friendship Is Magic's story setup, a slice of life episode where a character's foible is the cause of a situation and needs to be rectified on. The Sun/Moon cast look vibrant and goofy enough to hold together something like that, compared to most previous squads who were more reactive characters who usually only made mundane errors at worst until Team Rocket or someone else snowballed them (though the BW squad did attempt this a little harder).

I think that was what made us really sympathise with Ash in the very first episode, it was pivoted by his persistence and Pikachu's insubordination spiralling the whole thing out of control until Ash realises how badly he ****ed everything up. He didn't need Team Rocket or any other comic relief to make the story dynamic. I get to maintain development Ash can't really act up and screw up royal in such things without specific circumstances and moderation, but the companions would be intriguing to look into.

I guess just more situations where curb stomping TR or some other random baddie with Pokemon attacks won't solve the character's issues (or divert the attention away from it).

Last edited:

satopi

"They drop by a beach on their way, where Suiren and Ashimari tell Satoshi about their dream."
Litten's coming for you Ash. And it won't be happy.

Ash: "Come on out Rowlet and use Confuse!"

Rowlet: "Confuses itself" "Uses its Oblivious ability to outsmart and anger the wild Litten"

It's very effective.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
If the shadow is referring to a Pokemon I'd guess Wishiwashi School Form, but considering their appearance in the VA list I'd be more inclined to think it's Team Rocket in one of their submarines again.

The first option is infinitely better though.

If the mysterious shadow is a Pokemon I think Mareanie or its evolution would be more likely then Wishiwashi School Form in my own opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.