• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dec 1st: SM5 - Popplio, Do Your Balloonest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Wonder if they're gonna eat some of those fish... but I know they won't. Lillie's gonna get a bite and freak out while Mao chan gets zip. I guess fish don't like berries.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So is the episode about Ash & the others trying to help Lana catch a Kyogre? Either way it looks great so far & I can't wait for them to explore more of Lana's personality!

dman_dustin

...I have no idea where to begin to point out how wrong this statement is.

Did Ash need a Pokemon to catch Charmander?

Did Ash need a Pokemon to catch Squirtle?

How about Heracross?

Torkoal?

Chimchar?

Tepig?

Froakie?

Hell better yet how about Caterpie?

Because I seriously do not know what you're talking about. You don't need a Pokemon to throw a Poke ball IN THE ANIME to capture a Pokemon.

If this was the games, then I'd understand where you are coming from.

Janovy

Banned
Did Ash need a Pokemon to catch Charmander?

Did Ash need a Pokemon to catch Squirtle?

How about Heracross?

Torkoal?

Chimchar?

Tepig?

Froakie?

Hell better yet how about Caterpie?

Because I seriously do not know what you're talking about. You don't need a Pokemon to throw a Poke ball IN THE ANIME to capture a Pokemon.

If this was the games, then I'd understand where you are coming from.
I believe he was specifically referring to fishing rather than talking in general.

And in Pokemon anime, fishing has most often been associated with having to battle the Pokemon you fished out first before catching it.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
lol no need to get worked up about this. this is the standard fishing episode we've seen in every series along with some potential lana development. not expecting any captures here tbh. personally i'm looking forward to seeing more of ash and lana interaction and lillie in a spacesuit so should be fun.

dman_dustin

I believe he was specifically referring to fishing rather than talking in general.

And in Pokemon anime, fishing has most often been associated with having to battle the Pokemon you fished out first before catching it.

How did Cilan catch Stunfisk again?

The only reason to need a Pokemon during fishing is when the Pokemon attacks you. But let's actually think about that for a moment. How is a fished Pokemon supposed to know if you have a Pokemon or not before it decides to attack you.

Bonnie more or less doesn't have a real Pokemon and was attacked by Clawitzer in the special, the only reason Pokemon was being used by Cilan was BECAUSE it was attacking.

If having a Pokemon was SO vitally important, Lillie WOULDN'T BE FISHING.

Lillie would only need a Pokemon to PROTECT herself, and even then let's think about that for a moment. Pikachu or the other character's Pokemon could EASILY take care of the "protect Lillie" aspect, while she throws a Poke ball at whatever Pokemon is being fished up.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
lol no need to get worked up about this. this is the standard fishing episode we've seen in every series along with some potential lana development. not expecting any captures here tbh. personally i'm looking forward to seeing more of ash and lana interaction and lillie in a spacesuit so should be fun.
So I watched the preview for a 3rd time, first we had Rowlet taking his watermelon and now Litten is taking his sandwich, poor Ash :p

Also, the Magikarp slapping Ash around in the face, gave me such a nostalgic flashback to when Ash/Gary were fishing at the river and they both snag/catch the Pokeball.

Mia Blaze

I'mma gonna Deku in the face, Kacchan
Reeling in Kyogre? Ash has officially beaten Trevor with his impressive Wailord from the Summer Camp Arc in XY

All joking aside, this episode does look pretty interesting, and that suit... Lillie is so adorable, it reminds me of the suit Clemont made in the 19th Movie. So we have our obligatory fishing episode and children squeezing Pikachu's face. It's nice to see Character based episodes with this one focusing on Lana, episode six seems to be a Togedemaru episode and so on, I hope SM has more of these to come.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Lillie doesn't need a Pokémon if she stays indoors all the time and have someone around her like Mao chan or Ash to protect her. I doubt she wanders anywhere outside of the Pokémon School or her home (probably hiding in the basement from Pikachu since Ash's arrival). I'll really like to see a day in Lillie's life shown like how cautious she has to be walking to school.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Lillie doesn't need a Pokémon if she stays indoors all the time and have someone around her like Mao chan or Ash to protect her. I doubt she wanders anywhere outside of the Pokémon School or her home (probably hiding in the basement from Pikachu since Ash's arrival). I'll really like to see a day in Lillie's life shown like how cautious she has to be walking to school.

She probably wears that suit when she has to walk through places.

dman_dustin

Regardless, Lillie's first Mon is obviously gonna be the Vulpix so

I never said Lillie was going to keep Milotic, or any other fishing Pokemon, I only brought it up because someone mentioned GIFTING a Pokemon that Lillie catches.

But no, listen, it's really simple, here, let me teach you how the anime works.

Assume I'm the writer of this episode.

Lillie uses her fishing rod, nervously. She's wearing protection, but will it be enough.

The fishing Rod begins to shake violently indicating there is a bite. With the help of the others, she reels in a massive Milotic.

Seeing the beauty Lillie decides to throw a Poke ball at it. She throws the Net ball so hard it smack Milotic hard in the face, but Milotic is absorbed into the Net ball

It shakes once, Lillie and the others are surprised. It shakes twice, Lillie starts to get excited. It shakes three times, everyone aside from Lillie is dumbfounded.

It chimes indicating a capture. Everyone screams "WHAT!" except Lillie who is overjoyed of having captured a Milotic.

Ash says "But I couldn't even capture a simple Grubbin using Pikachu" Everyone starts laughing.

End Scene

And so all I need is voice actors and animators, and oh my god Lillie caught Milotic without needing a Pokemon.

It's that simple.

Let's not forget this is the anime. No one technically "NEEDS" anything as far as the writers are concerned, well at least in a case like this.

If they want Lillie to capture a Pokemon here, it will happen even if she doesn't have a Pokemon.

WILL it happen, EVEN if Lillie gifts the Pokemon to someone else? Probably not.

Again this is NOT the games, NOR even a mechanic within the games that NEEDS to be adapted into the anime.

Specific Location evolutions, move evolutions, evolution mechanics, sure those will likely appear in the anime if it needs to happen. A Caterpie using flamethrower, could but it would be incredibly weird.

Needing a Pokemon to catch a Pokemon in the Anime? Regardless if its fishing/normal or otherwise? That's at the discretion of who writes the episode.

Even if we were talking about in-universe, I think we can say for certain that Lillie could still capture a Pokemon without needing one, since all she would need is the other trainers to protect her from Milotic or whatever else she fished up that she wants to throw a Poke ball at.

Again WILL it happen? Who knows? Probably not.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
I was under the impression the Kyogre references were going to be the same ones in the games where she trolls you about where you can find it, but that's because I have no idea what was being said in the preview. :/

Can't stop laughing that they made Lana's sisters look exactly like her lol.

Abzu

Honestly after watching the episodes I think Sun and Moon is a great season since there is not travels anymore and Ash can interact better with his classmates this way witouth meeting every episode a new character and a pokemon... the episode about Suiren seems good as it it.

I hope Sun and Moon keeps this good way.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Honestly after watching the episodes I think Sun and Moon is a great season since there is not travels anymore and Ash can interact better with his classmates this way witouth meeting every episode a new character and a pokemon... the episode about Suiren seems good as it it.

I hope Sun and Moon keeps this good way.

It won't, that's for sure. They really can't afford to make one island the best tourist spot to visit and meet a wide variety of unique people.

shadowF

Will this be the episode where Ash will catch Litten?

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
Will this be the episode where Ash will catch Litten?

This seems to be focused on Popplio, so I wouldn't bet on it. I could be wrong, maybe he will, but I don't see it happening this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.