• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dec 1st: SM5 - Popplio, Do Your Balloonest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holy157

Serious regression in Ash and Pikachu's battling competence, it seems like that. Pikachu already got beaten up by a Grubbin and Mimikyu. And in this episode, he is going to get blasted off by Mimikyu's Shadow Ball and will be hanging by the edge of the building.

And? It's not like we didn't know Pikachu will be nerfed. They have done it everytime, because else Pikachu would ohko everything. Also, I don't see what makes Ash look bad. He didn't screw up majorly (throwing a pokeball before weakening) and he's clearly a good trainer. Obviously not on the level of XYZ, but still. We know nothing about Mimikyu really. It's strong for sure and in this episode Pikachu throws himself in front of Togedemaru.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
How did Grubbin beat Pikachu?Pikachu only lost because he was distracted by Lillie and dodged out of her way allowing Grubbin to slow down Pikachu,land a hit and ran away.Which part of that had Pikachu getting beaten?Are you gonna ignore Pikachu temporarilly knocking Grubbin out with a Thunderbolt?

And in this episode he never had time to brace the hit properly considering he was attempting to save Togedemaru.

Do I have to remind you that in XY Pikachu lost to a Surskit in a straight up battle and had to be saved by Froakie from wobbufet's counter attack.Or are you gonna ignore that

Viola was a skilled trainer, unlike this Mimikyu which was wild before Jessie captured it. And getting beaten up by a Grubbin has no justification in my opinion. Pikachu has got reset quite a lot.

Captain America X

Viola was a skilled trainer, unlike this Mimikyu which was wild before Jessie captured it. And getting beaten up by a Grubbin has no justification in my opinion. Pikachu has got reset quite a lot.
Viola was skilled but her strategy was one Ash had already conquered before and her Pokemon was one that they already knew about and Pikachu had a type advantage over.

How does being a wild Pokemon mean that Mimikyu is weak?Not only has Ash never fought that Pokemon before , they also said that Mimikyu gets a boost when it fights.

Um,how is taking one hit due to being distracted = beaten up?Pikachu had the advantage at the start of the battle and only took a hit because of Lillie not because he was weak lol.

How about when Pikachu almost got beaten up by Wobbufet but was saved by Froakie?

Just because Pikachu is not ohkoing everything in sight does not mean he is badly nerfed.But then again your the guy who expected Pikachu to seriously damage a legendary pokemon so early in the series lol.

elior

Unlock a world of casual fun and excitement with t
mimikyu is strong in general no matter who owns it or it wild pokemon

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Serious regression in Ash and Pikachu's battling competence, it seems like that. Pikachu already got beaten up by a Grubbin and Mimikyu. And in this episode, he is going to get blasted off by Mimikyu's Shadow Ball and will be hanging by the edge of the building.

It's going up against Pokemon it doesn't know and who's to say they can't be strong, just because they're wild (well one of them used to be wild)?

DatsRight

I repeat the fact that TR's previous squad left Pikachu on the ropes the first time they appeared. The first time Pumpkaboo appeared she left him and THE THREE KALOS STARTERS on the ropes.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
mimikyu is strong in general no matter who owns it or it wild pokemon

Yes, so? That doesn't mean that Pikachu should get badly beaten up by it everytime. And taking damage from Grubbin shouldn't happen seriously. I definitely think that Pikachu should have one-shotted Grubbin.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'd actually like to see Pikachu struggling against it. Pikachu beating everything gets old fast honestly and Mimikyu deserves better than to being a punching bag for Pikachu :/

elior

Unlock a world of casual fun and excitement with t
Yes, so? That doesn't mean that Pikachu should get badly beaten up by it everytime. And taking damage from Grubbin shouldn't happen seriously. I definitely think that Pikachu should have one-shotted Grubbin.
i agree with you on grubin. as for mimikyu i prefer that way pikachu will be beated by him few times so mimikyu will some kind of rival for him

Captain America X

Why can't Pikachu take damage from Grubbin again?Pikachu took a grand total of one hit and that was only because it got distracted by Lillie.Your blowing this out of proportion.It's not like Grubbin is a weak pokemon in the first place and it's not like Grubbin defeated Pikachu in a one on one match.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
i agree with you on grubin. as for mimikyu i prefer that way pikachu will be beated by him few times so mimikyu will some kind of rival for him

Well then, I'm more upset about Grubbin. Regarding Mimikyu, I think it's ok for Pikachu to struggle as it looked powerful, but I just think that Pikachu is struggling a little bit too much. In the preview of this episode, it is sent flying off by a single Shadow Ball from Mimikyu.

And Captain America X, Grubbin as a species isn't strong anyway. So a Grubbin found in the wild can't be much strong. I can agree with Mimikyu being strong but not Grubbin.

Last edited:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Well then, I'm more upset about Grubbin. Regarding Mimikyu, I think it's ok for Pikachu to struggle as it looked powerful, but I just think that Pikachu is struggling a little bit too much. In the preview of this episode, it is sent flying off by a single Shadow Ball from Mimikyu.

And Captain America X, Grubbin as a species isn't strong anyway. So a Grubbin found in the wild can't be much strong. I can agree with Mimikyu being strong but not Grubbin.
And the Pikachu species is garbage on the games so...
This is the anime which isn't bound by the game's constraints. Stop acting salty just because Ash-sama and Pikachu aren't steamrolling through everything in site.

snorlax512

It does suck that pikachu always gets weaker at the start of a region, but if you think about it it's nescessary to keep the story intense and interesting.

batman14

It does suck that pikachu always gets weaker at the start of a region, but if you think about it it's nescessary to keep the story intense and interesting.

the thing is Pikachu was winning the fight tho until Ash threw the pokeball to catch Grubbin

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
And the Pikachu species is garbage on the games so...
This is the anime which isn't bound by the game's constraints. Stop acting salty just because Ash-sama and Pikachu aren't steamrolling through everything in site.

Pikachu as a species isn't as weak as Grubbin and Ash's Pikachu is extremely trained unlike that Grubbin.

Anyway, I'm wondering who will help Ash and co. to defeat Mimikyu in this episode. Will it be Litten?

batman14

I haven't actually watched the episode yet, but it doesn't sound like something that would happen to Kalos League Pikachu.

well Pikachu wasnt beaten Bunnelby and Clemont said he just caught it plus when you watch you will see how Grubbin got away i dont think its that bad tbh

snorlax512

well Pikachu wasnt beaten Bunnelby and Clemont said he just caught it plus when you watch you will see how Grubbin got away i dont think its that bad tbh

Yes, XY Pikachu at the start as not as good as end of DP/BW Pikachu. It is necessary to nerf him though.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
from the preview, i think lana retains her character trait from the games where she innocently lies about amazing feats she's done (i think she said she fished a kyogre or something). also lillie wearing a spacesuit because she can't touch pokemon is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.