• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dec 22nd: SM8 - Who's in Charge of the Egg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The in-game description for Fury Attack says it's used with a horn or a beak.

Rowlet has a beak, but it isn't using it, so I think it's just a generic kick.

Except the anime has proven that false already. Farfetch'd used his Leek, Escavalier used his lances, Rhydon used his arms etc etc...There's no reason a foot can't strike rapidly.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
I'd find it funny if it was just Tackle.

Also wasn't there a Skarmory in XY that knew Fury Attack that just kinda flopped around with it's beak?

I'd find it funny if it was just Tackle.

Also wasn't there a Skarmory in XY that knew Fury Attack that just kinda flopped around with it's beak?

Lol probably actually is tackle. Wait for it to suddenly forget how to kick upon learning a couple more moves.

ShadowForce720

Judging from the preview it looks like Lillie might have volunteered to take care of the egg. Also I think it's safe to say if it wasn't already that the Salandit towards the end of the preview is not one of the pokemon that lives at the mansion and interesting enough it seems like it might have come for the egg considering when it's attacking Lillie is trying to protect the egg.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Judging from the preview it looks like Lillie might have volunteered to take care of the egg. Also I think it's safe to say if it wasn't already that the Salandit towards the end of the preview is not one of the pokemon that lives at the mansion and interesting enough it seems like it might have come for the egg considering when it's attacking Lillie is trying to protect the egg.
I like how determined Lillie looks in the school and I agree about Salandit. Poor Lillie though, I actually feel bad for her in that situation. :(

Soniman

Break the Limit
I would've liked to have had that dramatic character moment for Lillie unspoiled but Pokemon doesn't care about that

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Calling it: Alolan Vulpix hatches from the egg when Lillie tries to protect it

Also I loved everyone's reaction to Lillie touching Pikachu lol

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
this definitely feels like a lillie development episode after seeing her trying to protect the egg from the salandit. wonder how that skirmish will be resolved. also i'm wondering if ash encouraged lillie to touch pikachu.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
Why am I expecting Ash and/or Pikachu to fly in through the window just as Salandit is getting close?

Speaking of Pikachu he just had to ruin that moment huh...

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Hopefully she won't be completely over her fear over the course of a single episode.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Hopefully she won't be completely over her fear over the course of a single episode.

Agreed. I'd like for them to save her getting completely over her fear of touching Pokemon until Serena's possible guest appearance so that she can help out on that. It's pretty much part of her goal to help cheer up people anyways.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Agreed. I'd like for them to save her getting completely over her fear of touching Pokemon until Serena's possible guest appearance so that she can help out on that. It's pretty much part of her goal to help cheer up people anyways.
Just like the eventual Litten capture, Lillie's fear shouldn't rushed either. I like the Serena idea btw, sounds familiar. :D

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
So yeah, since Lillie is protecting the egg, I'm guessing Ash will jump in to protect Lillie.

And then Pikachu jumps in to protect Ash since you know, Pokémon are the only ones that actually fight Generations breaking the status quo

I am a tad concerned that the fear will be played for comedy now, judging by that reaction (then again, I've never truly been exposed to a fear so freaking out like that might be the norm in which case, kudos to the writers).

I like how she protects the egg though, although I don't want her to be completely OK with touching Pokémon because of it. But closer to overcoming it, considering Pikachu's antics and protecting the egg out of desperation. Think I would have preferred the Salandit to make her even more fearful (also still hoping for a backstory into why she's scared, but with the battle, trying to overcome the fear and touching Pikachu, might be pushed for time).

CelebiAS

So this second preview was huge.
We'll get a good bunch of Lillie development, which is nice.

Looking forward to Thursday.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So yeah, since Lillie is protecting the egg, I'm guessing Ash will jump in to protect Lillie.

this definitely feels like a lillie development episode after seeing her trying to protect the egg from the salandit. wonder how that skirmish will be resolved. also i'm wondering if ash encouraged lillie to touch pikachu.

Protecting?

More like she turned around, tripped, and her arms conveniently wrapped around the egg. Let her realize in the next second the HEINOUS thing she did.

So is Lilie going to be comfortable with vulpix living with her?

It'll give her a lot of chills, I tell you what.

Just like the eventual Litten capture, Lillie's fear shouldn't rushed either. I like the Serena idea btw, sounds familiar. :D

Settle down. You girl is far too busy having a heart attack realizing she needs to fight in Contests at Hoenn.

ShadowForce720

Protecting?

More like she turned around, tripped, and her arms conveniently wrapped around the egg. Let her realize in the next second the HEINOUS thing she did.

It'll give her a lot of chills, I tell you what.

Settle down. You girl is far too busy having a heart attack realizing she needs to fight in Contests at Hoenn.

No in all honestly judging by her body movement it's much more likely that she was trying to protect the egg then just happening to accidently tripped and land on it. Also looking at the part where she is turning around if you pay close attention you can see that she didn't tripped, instead after turning around she bent down to try to protect the egg. Plus they way she has her arms spread out when Salandit is attacking before turning around is more closely associated with trying to protect something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.