• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dec 25th: M23 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: Coco (Feb 28: Story/profiles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Pocket Monsters the Movie: Coco

This is a story of a slighly unusual parent-child relationship
involving one Pokémon and one human.

In the depths of a jungle in the middle of nowhere,
we find Okoya Forest,
a Pokémon paradise operating with strict laws.

The stubborn and obstinate Zarude lived there with his kin,
but one day he discovered a human baby by the riverside.

"Human, this is..."

Zarude could not allow himself to abandon it,
so he decided to disobey the law of the forest,
leave his tribe behind, and live alone with the child, whom he named Coco.

It has been 10 years since this Pokémon first started to raise this human.
Coco meets Satoshi and Pikachu as they visit Okoya Forest.
This is the first "Human friend" he has ever made.
And little by little, questions start to sprout deep in the mind of a boy
who had been fully convinced he was a Pokémon.

"Father, am I a human?"
Am I a Pokémon? Or am I a human?
As Coco ponders this,
one days sees the sound of uninvited human footsteps approach Okoya Forest,
signalizing a drastic change to the peaceful days it has thus far been enjoying.

http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/

Teaser 1:
Teaser 2:

Trailer 1:

Translations of news and updates:
Initial website
Character profiles, story and new teaser/trailer

Theme Song:
REALLY MYSTERIOUS CREATURES by Taiiku Okazaki and Tortoise Matsumoto

Special appearances by:
Moka Kamishiraishi as COCO
Kankuro Nakamura VI as ZARUDE
Koichi Yamadera as PROFESSOR ZED
Shoko Nakagawa as KAREN

Based on the creations of Satoshi Tajiri
Directed by Tetsuo Yajima
Written by Tetsuo Yajima and Atsuhiro Tomioka
Produced by Pikachu Project
Distributed by Toho

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I kinda hope it's an AU movie, I wonder what that Ash has been up to. Also, I'd love if Yajima was the director, he knocked it out of the park with M21

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope it's main Ash, they can literally do whatever with him now. Plus AU Ash is as interesting as stale toast
Though Galar better get at least one movie regardless

Xuxuba

I honestly don't care if it is AU Ash or not. The movies are usually so far removed from continuity that it doesn't really matter which one is, he might aswell be another Ash and it would change nothing, other than Go not being there.

But yeah i definetly hope it focuses on the Galar region. Poor thing already has to share so much screentime with 7 other regions.

ShadowForce720

In all honestly I would prefer if it's not main Ash, do to the fact that if they use main Ash in the movies again then they are limited to what pokemon Ash can have in the movie as well as his Pokémon's moves as they don't tend to like to have team changes happen in the movies because then if they had any permanent team changes or one of the main cast pokemon from the anime evolved in the movie then they would have to have that appear in the anime.

Basically having the movies not featuring main Ash is better because then it means that the movies can do whatever they want.

Xuxuba

In all honestly I would prefer if it's not main Ash, do to the fact that if they use main Ash in the movies again then they are limited to what pokemon Ash can have in the movie as well as his Pokémon's moves as they don't tend to like to have team changes happen in the movies because then if they had any permanent team changes or one of the main cast pokemon from the anime evolved in the movie then they would have to have that appear in the anime.

Basically having the movies not featuring main Ash is better because then it means that the movies can do whatever they want.
You say that, but at the end of the day it is more likely that AU Ash would end up using just Pikachu or a Pokémon that main Ash already owns, like it happened in the previous two movies.

Red and Blue

First all new movie in two years? Sounds like a return to the continuity than the AU.

I'd like to be wrong though

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I have nothing against AU, but it's either to experience a lot of Deja Vu or being pissed by missing details (like no Bulbasaur and Squirtle in the AU movie).

So, I hope we will return to a movie connected to the main Anime.

More like an entire movie with just Pikachu... again.

I'd much rather it be main Ash. He's not boring and a hollow shell of himself(Even worse in the TRio's case, they're worse than the XY counterparts!), and he'd actually use somebody other than Pikachu.

Pretty easy to send Ash pretty much anywhere, him and Go are out on a research run for Sakuragi which just so happens to be in movie-town/city where they end up getting mixed into the movie's plot(Would be nice if they utilize one OS thing that was actually interesting, movie villains being TR members instead of random bad guys who don't typically get backstory. Team Rocket is notorious for hunting down legendaries, so nothing new with one trying to capture the newest mythical or whatever). Plus with just Ash and Go it gives room for more time for the plot as you already know who they are, and the movie doesn't waste time trying(and failing lol) to get you to care for Brock/Misty-lite and the M21 citizens

D

Deleted member 384931

They can go in two directions :

*Or they stick to the alternative universe, where they follow M21 and M22 Ash.

*Or they go to the main anime again, with Ash and Gou, they can be anywhere arent bounded to one region, so that gives creativity freedom.

If they want to show new legendary or mytical pokemon in Galar there aren't much of them and it seems like the legendary pokemon will be shown in the main anime.

I just don't hope they reboot movies with Gou in.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I just can't decide.

I love the AU and its take on Ash. But on another hand, I want Go to be in a movie.

Either way, I'm looking forward this movie. Hopefully I'll get to go to Japan next year thus giving me a chance to support it in the theaters.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
I would prefer if the main character isn't Ash, but other trainer, but, that's kinda impossible :p
If I had to choose between AU Ash and main Ash, I would choose main Ash, because I prefer to see the characters that we already know in the main anime instead of brand new characters that we know nothing about.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
First all new movie in two years? Sounds like a return to the continuity than the AU.

It's referring to the fact that that last year we didn't get an all-new movie, but a remake. The full line that bit is quoted from specifically talks about how "Last year's Pokemon movie, Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution, was a full 3DCG remake of Mewtwo Strikes Back, so this is going to be the first all-new Pokemon movie in 2 years".

Status
Not open for further replies.