• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dec 25th: M23 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: Coco (Feb 28: Story/profiles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
According to CoroCoro, Coco's getting a TCG card, but as a Pokemon card and not a Trainer or support? I don't play the TCG, so I'm wondering if this is a first.

Deitylight

Legendary Trainer
According to CoroCoro, Coco's getting a TCG card, but as a Pokemon card and not a Trainer or support? I don't play the TCG, so I'm wondering if this is a first.
Outside of Iwashima GX which was suppose to be exclusive to tcpi members, no this is a first human based Pokemon card. That means something happened in the movie which can lead to some interesting discussions.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Outside of Iwashima GX which was suppose to be exclusive to tcpi members, no this is a first human based Pokemon card. That means something happened in the movie which can lead to some interesting discussions.
Or they're just playing off the "Coco thinks he's a Pokemon" plotline.

BobbbidyBob

Unless that minor Pokemon belongs to the scientist or the assistant I doubt it.

Though I could see the Papa Zarude dying at the end which could be the catalyst for Coco to return back to human civilization
If they go there......I will give this movie a chance

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Speaking of the movie, will it a manga adaptation this year? After corona delayed everything I wouldn't doubt they'd scrap the idea but since I collect the Viz releases, it'd be good making sure so I can lament in my loneliness.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Speaking of the movie, will it a manga adaptation this year? After corona delayed everything I wouldn't doubt they'd scrap the idea but since I collect the Viz releases, it'd be good making sure so I can lament in my loneliness.

Yes, the manga adaptation is starting in this month's Corocoro. They talked about that on Oha Suta today as well.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Great. Any news on who's drawing this time? Are we getting someone new or an old acquitance is making a return*?

*lowkey hoping for Momota Inoue's return now that Pazudora no longer have mangas.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Great. Any news on who's drawing this time? Are we getting someone new or an old acquitance is making a return*?

It's Teruaki Mizuno, who's "best" known as the author of the hilariously shameless Hunter X Hunter ripoff Metallica Metalluca. He's also done the Gyrozetter and Marvel Future Avengers manga adaptations.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I'm honestly hyped for this movie despite the premise kinda sounding boring too me (considering its AU and they could adapt any of the rich lore from Pokémon and decide to go with Tarzan) because the AU movies have been an amazing decision in my perspective. M20 and M21 were to me excellent movies all around, returning back to the cycle of Pokémon having amazing movies that was kinda broken with Arceus and the jewel of life imo. I have faith

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Nope. Mostly focused on Coco and Zarude.
That makes sense as Zarude isolated itself from its colony to raise Coco alone. Coco knows other Pokémon exists but he will most likely prefer to be with Zarude since it’s the one that has been in his life constantly since getting lost as a baby. I think this is some sort of way to make up the horrible mess The Kangaskhan Kid created since both have a similar concept of a boy being lost as a small child in the wilderness and a wild Pokémon finds the kid and raises him as their own child.

Status
Not open for further replies.