• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dec 25th: M23 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: Coco (Feb 28: Story/profiles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The japanese channel has a new TV spot as well.

I've seen both and those few seconds of footage hit me on the feels.

Darn, I'm fairly sure this one will make me cry.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
We still don't know who the antagonist is or why they're terrorizing the jungle

Watch there not be one and it just be some crisis or disaster, probably caused by contrivance and the TRio's stupidity again (though I'd like to wrong)

We still don't know how Koko ended up in the jungle with Zarude to begin with

Watch it be "Zarude just found him".

We still don't know what role Celebi plays in this

Probably something small-yet-crucial. Likely it'll barely do anything, but what it does it really important (as usual)

Red and Blue

Oh my God they did the Tarzan and Jane hand scene from the film. That has to be the most blatant Tarzan reference they've done so far.

Also seeing Ash play with Falinks kind of makes me wish he caught that instead of Farfetch'd in the main anime

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
OK but how does the flying pink onion plays into the movie will it be something like Arceus from the Hoopa movie as some last-minute thing to fix stuff? (In this case, just reversing any death)

I dunno but maybe Celebi's role is kind of a reference to that bit on game lore about Celebi being the one who brings pokémon eggs. As in, it is the one who brings Koko to the forest, kind of being a pokémon version of the myth of storks bringing babies we have on real life.

diakyu

I try to avoid movie stuff before I watch them but Ash's design here is really good. That's it. that's the post.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Anyone else hear "Son of Man" or "Strangers Like Me" watching that?
Yep. A lot of Tarzan vibes there. For some reason, I can almost hear the movie theme with Phil Collins' voice.
I try to avoid movie stuff before I watch them but Ash's design here is really good. That's it. that's the post.
That’s good. His design in the latest movie was kinda...annoying. I felt they took what was good about his design in the latest movie and fixed it.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The idea of a child being raised by any type of wildlife is intriguing as it opens up so many possibilities for storytelling. The Jungle Book and Tarzan are literature classics and have many movie adaptations that work well because their stories can be told in different ways. The Kangaskhan Kid had issues with the episode from the beginning starting with the parents knowing exactly where their son was lost but waiting years before going back and searching for h8m and to make sure he wasn’t dead to the dad acting like a maniac that should have been put into an institution by Officer Jenny.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Haven’t cared for a movie since Volcanion’s but, despite the clear Tarzan influence, this looks really interesting. The trailers alone make me like Zarude more and this is one of my favorite Ash designs

Red and Blue

Think the movie will end with Coco deciding to leave the jungle(with Zarude's blessings) and rejoin civilization. Or possible become an official trainer and go on his own journey

Status
Not open for further replies.