• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dec 25th: M23 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: Coco (Feb 28: Story/profiles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Koko is the Poke Tarzan. He’s N, but cool, no need to be a regular trainer or other class.

Just a wishful thinking, but I hope this trend of give the spotlight to the movie exclusive character keep going a little more, so we can eventually have some of them returning to a special movie to help Ash. Kinda early for that, but Koko would be an easy choice to come back. Maybe Risa too.

Rune Knight

Koko is the Poke Tarzan. He’s N, but cool, no need to be a regular trainer or other class.

Just a wishful thinking, but I hope this trend of give the spotlight to the movie exclusive character keep going a little more, so we can eventually have some of them returning to a special movie to help Ash. Kinda early for that, but Koko would be an easy choice to come back. Maybe Risa too.

I know that it is just my opinion, but I have never seen Ash bond with another human character to the extent of Koko. They even hugged at some point which I don't think he has ever done except with maybe his mom.

Seeing that there is potential to develop his character even further, I would like to see him return in a future installment since this is the AC Universe and wouldn't affect the main continuity. Perhaps the next time that he shows up, he would be more familiar with the human language.

Another surprising thing about Koko is that he is literally the first human character to ever be displayed using a Pokémon Move, and that's something they can also go wild with.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The problem with bringing them back is VA avaliability. Those characters are normally assigned a popular actor to generate hype and attract the audience and depending on how much popular/bigger they become, their agencies are less likely to allow them to do a kids show like Pokémon.

Not the best example but look no further than Ultraman Tiga. The lead was played by Hiroshi Nagano and the show even got the Seiun Awards back in the day (which is a big deal, the japanese equivalent of Hugo Awards) but since his agency is very strict about their talent appearances, they don't allow him to reappear in the franchise that much. To the point a magazine making an article about the show had to shadow his likeness in the digital version.

Sure, Johnny & Associates are an extreme but it serves to give you a general idea of how an actor might not come back even if she/he wanted to.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Fingers crossed the original OST is maintained like Power of Us
I was actually about to watch the movie soon with subs but guess ill just wait till October

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Finally it’s coming over to the west. The Gen 7 movies were super disappointing and boring but this once looks promising from what I’ve seen.

Ignition

I can understand why people didnt like ICY although I adored it, but I am curious as to why Power of Us disappointed you.
ICY was probably the least bad as the alternative version of Ash’s beginning is a common theme in fan theories but I just didn’t like how forced the non Gen 1 Pokémon felt. Also it made Incineroar run on all fours and that looked awful so I’ll never forgive it for that.

Power of Us was just full of characters I could not care less about. Everyone was hyping up the side characters but I think the only one I enjoyed was the lady who lost her Snubbull in the fire. The others were just there and Zeraora didn’t do much of anything either despite being one of the better Mythicals imo.

You didn’t ask but in case you’re wondering, I didn’t like the Mewtwo movie remake’s art style after a rewatch.

I miss when the movies had the “main” version of Ash and his friends and not remakes/alternative takes on old movies

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
ICY was probably the least bad as the alternative version of Ash’s beginning is a common theme in fan theories but I just didn’t like how forced the non Gen 1 Pokémon felt. Also it made Incineroar run on all fours and that looked awful so I’ll never forgive it for that.

Power of Us was just full of characters I could not care less about. Everyone was hyping up the side characters but I think the only one I enjoyed was the lady who lost her Snubbull in the fire. The others were just there and Zeraora didn’t do much of anything either despite being one of the better Mythicals imo.

You didn’t ask but in case you’re wondering, I didn’t like the Mewtwo movie remake’s art style after a rewatch.

I miss when the movies had the “main” version of Ash and his friends and not remakes/alternative takes on old movies
Understandable, personally after the BW and XY movies, while I enjoyed some of them I felt the movie formula was too stale and boring, and when this new mix up came I was excited and personally ICY and Power of Us were really beautiful unique movies for me that perfectly showed the world of Pokemon. I do get why it sucks we would probably never get to see these characters again but besides May and Max honestly none of the others companions had any story arc anyway so I appreciate this style way more.
For the Mewtwo movie I prefer to see Detective Pikachu as the main movie for that year :p
The Mewtwo movie was a nice one off thing on its own but as the 'main' movie of the year it kinda sucks coz its just a remake with nothing new. I did love seeing pokemon in CGI though. I dont want it to be the norm AT ALL but I do like it as a one off thing which this movie was, the character designs were horrendous but you got used to them and honestly the pokemon looked amazing, those Kanto starters fights were particularly a pleasant sight to watch for me

Ignition

Understandable, personally after the BW and XY movies, while I enjoyed some of them I felt the movie formula was too stale and boring, and when this new mix up came I was excited and personally ICY and Power of Us were really beautiful unique movies for me that perfectly showed the world of Pokemon. I do get why it sucks we would probably never get to see these characters again but besides May and Max honestly none of the others companions had any story arc anyway so I appreciate this style way more.
For the Mewtwo movie I prefer to see Detective Pikachu as the main movie for that year :p
The Mewtwo movie was a nice one off thing on its own but as the 'main' movie of the year it kinda sucks coz its just a remake with nothing new. I did love seeing pokemon in CGI though. I dont want it to be the norm AT ALL but I do like it as a one off thing which this movie was, the character designs were horrendous but you got used to them and honestly the pokemon looked amazing, those Kanto starters fights were particularly a pleasant sight to watch for me
I’ll at least give PoU the benefit of being a shakeup to the admittedly tired out formula. It’s sort of like my feelings on the main anime in that I prefer the standard formula that was set for years but I can respect them for shaking things up. It does work as seen with SM and this movie being some of my favorites in the anime but a lot of times something feels missing. May & Max definitely should’ve been the standard for companions in the movies. Also miss seeing the opening portion that showed Ash and his friends’ Pokémon just living their everyday lives. Now we just get Pikachu :(

If they had it so that they didn’t stick to the same type of movie every year (for example remake this year and “standard” movie next year), I’d be much more interested in the last few movies. I agree on Detective Pikachu and it was interesting because I watched it with friends who hadn’t touched a Pokémon game since Gen 3/4 so it was fun pointing out the new Pokémon to them. Mewtwo’s movie wasn’t that bad once you put the art style aside though.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I’ll at least give PoU the benefit of being a shakeup to the admittedly tired out formula. It’s sort of like my feelings on the main anime in that I prefer the standard formula that was set for years but I can respect them for shaking things up. It does work as seen with SM and this movie being some of my favorites in the anime but a lot of times something feels missing. May & Max definitely should’ve been the standard for companions in the movies. Also miss seeing the opening portion that showed Ash and his friends’ Pokémon just living their everyday lives. Now we just get Pikachu :(

If they had it so that they didn’t stick to the same type of movie every year (for example remake this year and “standard” movie next year), I’d be much more interested in the last few movies. I agree on Detective Pikachu and it was interesting because I watched it with friends who hadn’t touched a Pokémon game since Gen 3/4 so it was fun pointing out the new Pokémon to them. Mewtwo’s movie wasn’t that bad once you put the art style aside though.
I hope they can balance out the original feel and the new approach even without comapnions in the future movies. Fingers crossed for a Legends Arceus lore focused movie next year

Red and Blue

If we are talking about plots for M24 I'd like to see a movie focused on Calyrex in Crown Tundra. I'm not sure if they will get around to an arc about it in the actual series

YESSSSS ITS FINALLY OUT

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
ICY is my favorite movie. I love the new take on Ash's origin. It blended the best of Shudo's original vision with the current charactization they've going for Ash and the anime world as a whole.

An universe where Ash never travelled with brock and misty was the kind of thing I thought it'd only happen in my personal fanfics. Seeing it materialized? Instant love.

Then they doubled down with all the cool fanservice (of the good kind!) with Ash actually battling for his Kanto badges, being shown as more strategic (Pikachu had advanced moves like Iron Tail, which the Prime verse only learned on Hoenn. Granted it was because the movie didn't exist on Gen 1 but you get the gist), a glimpse of Ash living in a world without pokémon, Charmaleon obeying Ash, Pikachu being returned to the pokéball, Pikachu speaking human language (have dreamed of this since I saw Dragoon talking with Tyson on Beyblade. If they could pull that with the spinning top, so can Pokémon) and Ash finally having a proper meeting with Ho-Oh.

The Limited Version of the BD is right here at home. I still own myself a rewatch

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
If we are talking about plots for M24 I'd like to see a movie focused on Calyrex in Crown Tundra. I'm not sure if they will get around to an arc about it in the actual series
That would be neat to see. One idea for a movie I have that would be related to the anime but probably would not happen is a sci fi adventure where an evil Orbeetle is kidnapping humans and Pokémon and using mind control to force them to build a giant UFO using parts gathered from the nearby city which includes part of building structures and metal ripped from cars. The Spaceship Clefairy appear again and have formed a resistance team made up of humans and Pokémon that are resistant to Orbeetle’s Powers. Ash falls under the effects of the mind control and Pikachu is able to break the connection by using Thundershock on him. TRio discover Orbeetle and try to run away with Jessie and James being successful but Meowth gets captured and his ability to talk is taken advantage of by Orbeetle who makes him act like a translator for it. From there Jessie and James actually have a personal reason to be in the movie and have an impact on the plot. It’s something not done yet in the movies and does have some potential to be a great movie.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope they can balance out the original feel and the new approach even without comapnions in the future movies. Fingers crossed for a Legends Arceus lore focused movie next year
That would be cool but the next one was probably meant to come out this year before everything happened.
So probably another Mythical based movie(And hopefully it's not locked behind the broken as heck newsletter -_- )

Status
Not open for further replies.