• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dec 25th: M23 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: Coco (Feb 28: Story/profiles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
I want to be excited for this, but I can't help but worry that we'll get yet another Pokemon movie that isn't directly connected to the main series. I want this movie to take place in Galar and actually show Satoshi, Gou, and Koharu as the main characters without any alternate universe business going on.
I agree, I don't like this AU thing, why they don't just make another protagonist that have a Pikachu too?!

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I agree, I don't like this AU thing, why they don't just make another protagonist that have a Pikachu too?!
Fans might look that character as Satoshi 2.0 ?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Redstar45 said:
Fans might look that character as Satoshi 2.0 ?

Which is ironically happening even as we speak with Gou in the new saga. Anyway, one thing that excites me is that we don't know any of the Gen VIII Mythical Pokemon since their data isn't in Shield and Sword, so it'll be a complete surprise when we find out the inevitable Mythical Pokemon that'll star in this movie.

Redstar45

Well, this character could have another personality, or they could use the games characters in the movies, that would be cool.
Original characters would be so much interested then game characters with no personality unless you have to give them one or use exist one from Pokemon manga or masters mobile phone game .

Sonnas

With these complaints I'm seeing, I thought people liked the AU verse of the 20 and 21 movies?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It's more than that movie deserve. I was really annoyed that this year's movie was a remake with nearly zero changes in the script. If it was set in the AU with some significant changes, I'd probably check it out. But as it is, that was a skip year for me.

Detective Pikachu is M22 as far as I'm concerned.

That aside, I agree it'd be great to have the game characters showing up here. Here's hoping we get Gloria and maybe Victor to interact with Ash (and maybe Go, too)

D

Deleted member 384931

You know it's hard if there are 3 movies, Ash has been in all regions, Galar isn't focused on for 3 years and with Gou it's a small cast

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So I guess we are going back to Movies focusing on Mythicals. We have placeholder for 2 of those with possible New game(s) in between.
What if they will make the Galar League into 2 movies? 2 heavily based on Ash (or Gou) getting the 8 Gym Badges and 2nd about the Galar Champion Cup (or at least the second one would be Great to see a League climax in a Full movie).

Redstar45

So I guess we are going back to Movies focusing on Mythicals. We have placeholder for 2 of those with possible New game(s) in between.
What if they will make the Galar League into 2 movies? 2 heavily based on Ash (or Gou) getting the 8 Gym Badges and 2nd about the Galar Champion Cup (or at least the second one would be Great to see a League climax in a Full movie).
I like sound of that!

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sonnas said:
With these complaints I'm seeing, I thought people liked the AU verse of the 20 and 21 movies?

I don't know about most people, but I disliked the AU setting of those movies. It also didn't help that I didn't like the animation style used in them, especially the style in the 21st movie. Hopefully this movie will be animated differently to set it apart from that.

Red and Blue

There is no way to properly show eight gym matches in an hour and a half movie.

CupidKirby

I was sad to not be able to see the Alolan cast staring in a movie. I hope that they don't give Gou and Koharu the same fate and am on the side that wants this movie to be set in the main series anime. However, I also don't want Zamazenta / Zacien / Eternatus / Mr.Rose / Oleana appearing since they'd be better off getting their plotlines portrayed in the anime over the course of many episodes rather than pushed out in a single hour and a half long movie. Maybe they could do something like in the third movie where the featured Pokemon weren't mythical nor legendary.

Status
Not open for further replies.