• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dec 25th: M23 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: Coco (Feb 28: Story/profiles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeal

I want to be excited for this, but I can't help but worry that we'll get yet another Pokemon movie that isn't directly connected to the main series. I want this movie to take place in Galar and actually show Satoshi, Gou, and Koharu as the main characters without any alternate universe business going on.
What difference does? All anime movies are set in anime only cities.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jeal said:
What difference does? All anime movies are set in anime only cities.

That's true, but at least most of them were still canon and on a few occasions subplots from some of the movies would resurface in the main anime, like Satoshi's aura powers and Hikari's Lunar Wing for instance. I just want a movie that's confirmed to take place in the current universe instead of a reboot movie.

Jeal

That's true, but at least most of them were still canon and on a few occasions subplots from some of the movies would resurface in the main anime, like Satoshi's aura powers and Hikari's Lunar Wing for instance. I just want a movie that's confirmed to take place in the current universe instead of a reboot movie.

Yes but a vast amount of the OS -> DP movies were actually referenced in and canon to the main series. It wasn't until BW that it started going away from that
The references are so few that they are irrelevant. You can watch the entire anime without the movies and understand everything. I think only the first one is really important, and just to explain who is Giovanni's mysterious pokemon.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
We literally gain nothing from references. They don't impact the story or the characters, they may as well not be there. I don't particularly care if they're never brought up again.

D

Deleted member 384931

I also wonder which pokemon can they give Gou in the movies if he rotates his team

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kazuniya said:
We literally gain nothing from references. They don't impact the story or the characters, they may as well not be there. I don't particularly care if they're never brought up again.

I already listed a few examples of times when those references had an actual impact on a few episodes from the main anime though, so I don't see how we "literally gain nothing" when there were indeed a few times when movie events had relevance to the plot. I'm not saying that it will necessarily be the case in this movie, but I don't see how me wanting this movie to involve characters from the current saga is such a controversial opinion.

D

Deleted member 384931

Maybe they can finally do the movie with all the companions they would originally do.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
Maybe they can finally do the movie with all the companions they would originally do.

That seems like something that they should've done for the 20th movie, but I'd hardly see the point of them doing that now. A movie featuring Satoshi and his new friends seems like the right way to go, and I'd feel even better about this movie if Gou or Koharu would get a big role like Masato did in the Jirachi movie or Haruka in the Manaphy movie.

SatoSereFan224888

I want to see an adult Ash for this movie. Let’s say he is married to Serena and he’s teaching his daughter Luna because she wants to be like her daddy.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SatoSereFan224888 said:
I want to see an adult Ash for this movie. Let’s say he is married to Serena and he’s teaching his daughter Luna because she wants to be like her daddy.

If even the previous AU movies didn't show Satoshi as an adult, why would this one be any different? Regardless of whether this movie will be another AU deal or not, I doubt that Satoshi himself will be the main focal point, much less can I envision a scenario where he actually ages: I'm almost certain that a currently unrevealed Mythical Pokemon or one of the other Legendaries will be the star.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.