• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dec 25th: M23 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: Coco (Feb 28: Story/profiles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The one time I wanted TPCI to change a Pokemon's nickname...and they don't...
It actually makes sense though. Zarude raised Koko and he sees it as being his father.

BobbbidyBob

ShadowForce720

Actual chest beating, this is what I wanted from Rillaboom, or at least incorporate the drum into a tail or something. The fact that he has not only his hands full but a separate drum that he needs to pick up gives me a headache with the amount of gymnastics it would take to make it work in actual combat.

Zarude casually leaving Flygon to die.

Just pointing this out but Rillaboom stores his drum on his back, so his hands aren’t always full.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Just pointing this out but Rillaboom stores his drum on his back, so his hands aren’t always full.

Yes, I have seen the camp shots, but maybe it is just the way that the game portrays combat, where Rillaboom goes out, sets up his drum and stands behind it for the whole fight.

In the anime, if he wanted to make use of the overpowered dodge move, or charge the enemy to use a fighting move, he would need to pick up his drum and store it on his back before doing anything.

While I can certainly imagine various ways to make that limitation interesting in combat and I think the drum is a fun concept, the impracticality of it still bothers me.

I am pretty sure that Rillaboom is the only pokemon that has a sitting prop. Others may have a hand or even both hands full (Sirfetcht, Cokeldurr), but it doesn't stop their ability to move around. At least not as much as Rillaboom's drum.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
Just saw it confirmed that Shinji Miyazaki's composing for this one.

Because I guess they just didn't appreciate how good they had it with Yuki Hayashi on board for the show.

Last edited:

Rune Knight

Even though this movie is likely set in the Alternate Continuity, I want to also consider it as a one off adventure that Ash had during the events of Journeys and while Goh was in Johto during Episode 32.

Also because the episode makes heavy nods to the movie since it was originally set to release around the same time.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The movie is set on the AU. Ash's using the ICY cap as a visual cue for the audience to get it's the AU

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
What havent they spoiled about this movie yet?
Surprisingly they haven't really spoiled that much about this movie.

We still don't know who the antagonist is or why they're terrorizing the jungle

We still don't know how Koko ended up in the jungle with Zarude to begin with

We still don't know what role Celebi plays in this

There's still a few unanswered questions here

Dzentelmen

I wonder if they're going to have Piokachu in that getup in Pokemon GO in order to promote this movie.

Rather than have him command wild Pokemon in battle it would be cool to just give Ash seperate teams in these movies, like that Ninjask that Pikachu is riding is definitely a wild one but why couldn't Ash just have a Ninjask. In older movies they always had a battle at the beginning so you can just have something like that to showcase his Pokemon so that they don't come out of nowhere when he uses them later on in the movie.

BobbbidyBob

New trailer's up. And my goodness, this is shaping up to be a really good movie. Like, I'm not kidding. The music is already a joy to listen to, but I can already tell there's gonna be a lot of emotion out of this one.

Awwwwwwwwww!!! Best and sweetest trailer.......Despite not liking Tarzan maybe I will like this one.....darn it, I hate myself for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.