• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dec 25th: M23 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: Coco (Feb 28: Story/profiles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
There is absolutely nothing stopping them from creating a new Mythical for the 24th movie. The reason for there being no announcement should have more to do with the pandemic as Aura mentioned

I wonder what our next Mythical Pokémon will be?

I've seen some people theorize that because Zarude is a Grass Primate our next Mythicals may be a Fire Lagomorph and a Water Reptile tho that sounds incredibly Farfetch'd in my opinion lol

Besides, we had a movie about Lugia.

That did not stop them from having a 3-episode arc about Lugia.

We also had a movie about about Reshiram/Zekrom after they showed Zekrom first.

And that did not stop them from screwing Zekrom... Oh wait. I mean. That did not stop them from reusing Reshiram.
Why do the writers hate Zekrom so much?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Well, if I recall early datamines for SwSh did find slots for 2 mythicals, one of them being Zarude so we may see the new mon next year if there's no new catastrophes like covid.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Idk why people are complaining about the movie, after reading the plot I actually think it is interesting, esp with Yajima's direction so can't wait to actually see it. My only criticism is of course that dad mention not being proper but otherwise this seems really heartwarming like power of us
I know right?

It's like people have forgotten what the pre-reboot movies were like. I appreciate the writers actually making an effort for a change, lmao.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
In hindsight I suppose it makes sense that there was no teaser for the 24th movie

From what I've noticed, in recent years the movie's have mostly been centered around Mythical Pokémon.

Zarude is the only current Gen Mythical Pokémon we have atm

So unless they create another Mythical Pokémon next year. We're getting either another Kanto Region Remake or Nothing at all
Every gen has had atleast 3 mythical Pokémon. Also the code does have an empty spot. I fully expect there to be one more mythical atleast for SwSh. The delay in a new movie announcement is due to uncertainty of dates caused by pandemic.
I know right?

It's like people have forgotten what the pre-reboot movies were like. I appreciate the writers actually making an effort for a change, lmao.
EXACTLYYY! After arceus and the jewel of life the movies quality had really gone downhill and were hit or miss. People continuously complained about continuity errors coz of movies, something which is solved now. Also people are upset that the AU movies don't have companions but like, did they forget the complaint that the companions did next to nothing that made their presence infuriating.
The AU isn't tied to a specific story, they can branch out more and create heartwarming and good stories. The only downside is they still have to fit in mythicals. The AU movies have finally made Pokémon movies good again. And ash can be more flexible too. Plus this way the main legendaries of a new gen can appear in anime arcs instead of being constricted to movies only. Heck even mythicals can appear coz they have to show all mons in the main anime too

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
For me the only downside of movies no longer being in the main continuity is that Goh won't get a chance in the big screen.

But other than that, it was a good chance. ICY became my favorite movie out of them all.

Sonnas

I feel another issue with the AU movies is that if a character you liked alot was in these you'd never see them again if you wanted to see more of them, like with the ones from The Power of Us or ICY.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Well, if I recall early datamines for SwSh did find slots for 2 mythicals, one of them being Zarude so we may see the new mon next year if there's no new catastrophes like covid.
Every gen has had atleast 3 mythical Pokémon. Also the code does have an empty spot. I fully expect there to be one more mythical atleast for SwSh. The delay in a new movie announcement is due to uncertainty of dates caused by pandemic.
Oh Wow I wasn't aware of this.

So there's one extra Pokémon left in that Dex that is still left unknown?

This means we might end up getting more DLC content for SWSH

ShadowForce720

I feel another issue with the AU movies is that if a character you liked alot was in these you'd never see them again if you wanted to see more of them, like with the ones from The Power of Us or ICY.

That was still the case with the movies before the AU as well. When it comes to the movie exclusive characters they almost never stick around after their movie(of course there are exceptions), unless they are a character that would show up in the main anime.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
So when are we getting any kind of info about the new movie?
Maybe during the 25th Anniversary Celebration Direct. Covid did impact all aspects of life really hard and the animators must have been put behind schedule. My guess is that as soon as the current year’s movie is in the final stages of production, the next movie has already had a script written and backgrounds designed and the animation begins but Covid happened and everything had to be put on hold except editing Coco which would have started right before the outbreak. This theory of mine explains how every year since 1998, there is always a new Pokémon movie without fail and Victini got special treatment since it technically has two movies of its own released at the same time with only a few differences between them.

DSDark

Breeder
Is there a full plot summary somewhere online?

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Does anyone know when this will be released in USA? What month?

Status
Not open for further replies.