• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dec 25th: M23 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: Coco (Feb 28: Story/profiles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
So is Munchlax a Gen III Pokemon for appearing in a Gen III spin-off first?
That's only if you consider Legends to be a spinoff game, which it's not. It's as much of a core series title as the Let's Go games or the myriad of remakes they've made over the years.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
That's only if you consider Legends to be a spinoff game, which it's not. It's as much of a core series title as the Let's Go games or the myriad of remakes they've made over the years.
I think that AuraChannelerChris was talking about Pokémon Dash which was released two years before DP were released. Also the first PMD games having a Munchlax statue.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I think that AuraChannelerChris was talking about Pokémon Dash which was released two years before DP were released. Also the first PMD games having a Munchlax statue.
Yeah, that's what I meant. Those games weren't core series titles, and you couldn't exactly catch Munchlax and use it in battles like you can with the Pokémon we're discussing here.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
So, did whatever mythical Pokemon were supposed to be the stars for movies 24/25 just straight up chucked onto the cutting room floor when their movies were scrapped due to the pandemic, or is there a chance we may see them eventually?

Red and Blue

So, did whatever mythical Pokemon were supposed to be the stars for movies 24/25 just straight up chucked onto the cutting room floor when their movies were scrapped due to the pandemic, or is there a chance we may see them eventually?
Since Sprigatito will probably be numbered as 906 I don't think we'll see them

ShadowForce720

Maybe. Though they might not really need any of them anymore in favor of new mythicals for Gen 9 films
I mean it wouldn’t be the first time that a Pokémon was moved to a later generation.

Heck just look at Shellos it was originally intended for gen 3 but was moved back to gen 4.

Red and Blue

I mean it wouldn’t be the first time that a Pokémon was moved to a later generation.

Heck just look at Shellos it was originally intended for gen 3 but was moved back to gen 4.
Interesting, never knew that. Guess it could happen again the hypothetical mythicals for the scrapped films

Captain Jigglypuff

A majority of Johto’s Pokémon were supposed to be in Gen I. Even Rayquaza was considered to be in Gen I as it was said in an interview that there was originally “a large green Dragon” that was Legendary and was being worked on where there was this long quest to find and catch it that would have taken an hour to do. Rayquaza fits the description and the way you had to go to meet it in RSE did take a long time given the Sky Pillar is one of the largest structures in the games and those annoying floor cracks will often make you redo an entire floor which is time consuming.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
It's extremely sad we are not getting another movie and Mythical for gen VIII:-(

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I am not too torn up about Gen 8 only getting one movie. Though I do wish the one movie it got was... a bit better? I mean I didn't dislike Koko, per se, but considering that it brought back a lot of the staff from my literal favorite Pokémon movie it did feel kinda... underwhelming. 'course, seeing how I think most Pokémon movies are mediocre at best, Koko's "kinda underwhelming"-ness still leaves it one of the better Pokémon movies I've seen.

Captain Jigglypuff

I am not too torn up about Gen 8 only getting one movie. Though I do wish the one movie it got was... a bit better? I mean I didn't dislike Koko, per se, but considering that it brought back a lot of the staff from my literal favorite Pokémon movie it did feel kinda... underwhelming. 'course, seeing how I think most Pokémon movies are mediocre at best, Koko's "kinda underwhelming"-ness still leaves it one of the better Pokémon movies I've seen.
I thought is was a high average Pokémon movie that could have been better in some places but at least it did the whole human boy raised by wild Pokémon much better than The Kangaskhan Kid did and that the Zarude had their own unique language and that the writers didn’t cheapen that detail by having Dada Zarude talk to Ash via telepathy like so many other movies did. I mean why did the Swords of Justice and Kyurem need to have telepathy when they generally avoid contact with humans in general while Latios and Latias, two Pokémon who have spent their entire lives around a select few humans and have the capacity to understand human speech more than most Pokémon, couldn’t use telepathy to communicate?

MaMcMu

It’s too early to say gen 9 will get the anime treatment. We don’t even know its name. Wait until maybe November.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
I wonder if gen 9 will have AU Ash or regular Ash?
Probably AU.
I don't see them going back with Regular Ash.
IIRC a movie writer said in an interview they wanted to try making new movies with a different version of Ash and not the 'regular' one.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
It's crazy there was no new movie for 2 years and 2 new games.

Some people consider the Arceus Specials as a movie replacement.

What's even stranger is no new Mythical since Zarude.
They should've made Enamorus a Mythical and include her somehow in the Arceus Specials. Also Gen 8 is the 1st gen since gen 2 with only 1 Mythical (unless you consider Meltan as Gen 8).

Eevee903

You are awesome!
It's crazy there was no new movie for 2 years and 2 new games.

Some people consider the Arceus Specials as a movie replacement.

What's even stranger is no new Mythical since Zarude.
They should've made Enamorus a Mythical and include her somehow in the Arceus Specials. Also Gen 8 is the 1st gen since gen 2 with only 1 Mythical (unless you consider Meltan as Gen 8).
Hmm. I dont mind the trend of new Mythicals being introduced in a movie with AU Ash. Though, wont get boring after a while too?

I just hope the next movie is a masterpiece, if they have more time to perfect to script and animation due Covid and such

Status
Not open for further replies.