• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dec 31st: Uncover All Mysteries! The Pocket Monsters XY&Z Complete Overview Special!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin

MALDREAD
Complaints about complaints about complaints over a complaint. Yup, it's time to wrap this year up.

------------

Either they want to really keep this evolution under wraps or this episode isn't too important to not deserve preview hype.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Considering it looks like the same battlefield, I'd say so.

Maybe in the actual episode we might see him watch. Looking forward to this.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It's cool how Giovanni will make an appearance soon plus Jessie and James fighting against the Team flare girls looked cool. I'm glad the blue Squishy's gonna change forme during that match.

Janovy

Banned

AuraKshatriya

Okay thanks. But isnt the battle ash with alain on it

There's a preview of Ash and Alain's battle towards the end of the Special, which is effectively a few minutes of clips showing the two clashing, and Greninja getting pushed back near what seems to be the battle's climax/conclusion.

nuzamaki90

In the meantime, what do you think will happen as a result of the Ash V. Alain battle?

I feel like Ash and Greninja are going to lose and that little Thunder Punch VS Aerial Ace collision is going to hit them hard mentally. The way the scene was handled made it seem like the writers were saying "This is how strong their bond currently is". Since they couldn't take the attack, their bond isn't strong enough which is what this little development arc is going to be about. Mega Evolution is a power that can only be obtained through strong bonds with a trainer and their Pokemon and at this point, Alain and Charizard's bond is stronger than Ash and Greninja's.

And we as viewers know this already since Greninja's form isn't complete. It still uses regular Water Shurikens and its Cut is still the same white color.

dman_dustin

I just came up with a reason for why Sawyer and Alain can battle Ash at the same place/time but not actually meet, or Sawyer there to watch Ash battle Alain.

So I would assume Sawyer vs Ash would be first, Sceptile vs Ash Greninja, and of course there will be some exposition about Ash Greninja then "at the end of the episode" (near the final scene but not the final scene) Sawyer leaves trying to get his next badge/badges, meanwhile during this whole time, Alain had watched the battle the entire time and became curious. At the very end of the episode, and the final scene, Alain introduces himself to Ash and company and requests a battle with Ash. TO BE CONTINUED.

nuzamaki90

So can we also talk about Manon and Steven? Manon was shown in the special preview too on Hari-san's bedside.

I also think the writers are building something up with Steven as well since he's still on the cast list for XY&Z and in Act IV he was shown to be very suspicious about how Lysandre is handling the megalith.

Janovy

Banned
So can we also talk about Manon and Steven? Manon was shown in the special preview too on Hari-san's bedside.

I also think the writers are building something up with Steven as well since he's still on the cast list for XY&Z and in Act IV he was shown to be very suspicious about how Lysandre is handling the megalith.
Aside from the Flare plot, I think Steven might be the one to give the Sceptilite/Key Stone to Sawyer.

Sawyer was already shown to admire him and it would be a nice way to connect the characters instead of, I don't know, Sawyer just randomly getting a Mega Stone somewhere.

dean1234

I wonder what the old woman told Serena she looked sad

CharX blast burn will ash greninja survive

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
There's a preview of Ash and Alain's battle towards the end of the Special, which is effectively a few minutes of clips showing the two clashing, and Greninja getting pushed back near what seems to be the battle's climax/conclusion.

So unless Greninja miraculously makes a comeback in that fight I'm thinking he and Ash will lose to Alain in said fight and that they'll win in a rematch later.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Yeah I really want Manon to have a big role in this arc, I have faith in her actually evolving Hari-san all the way, her design SCREAMS Chesnaught so much, it's a great opportunity to showcase 'naught in a heroic way.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Yeah I really want Manon to have a big role in this arc, I have faith in her actually evolving Hari-san all the way, her design SCREAMS Chesnaught so much, it's a great opportunity to showcase 'naught in a heroic way.
If that happens, I'll certainly jump for joy. I'm pretty apprehensive about her Hari-san actually evolving all the way, maybe its comatose state is cured by Puni-chan or Bluni-chan? Zygarde warps nature and the ecosystem, Hari-san is a Grass-type, you get the picture. Maybe after healing it evolves into Hariborg then later on to its final form? It certainly would be a way to really bring her character into the fray with a bang, she's already shown to be brave and strong enough to throw herself into near certain death for her cause. Spiky Shield could debut, more than a match for ThunderPunch / Dragon Claw and you could throw in Frenzy Plant as a parallel to Blast Burn with it taking a very strong and connected friendship between starter and trainer to achieve. Dunno, I doubt it would happen but I would want a follow-up to her promise to battle Alan in the future, I'm glad we got at least some shot of her and hopefully they progress with her character and its impact on Alan.

And yep, Alan's old design is Lizardon / Lizardon-Y looking with his current design following a Lizardon-X look while Manon's seems to follow a theme that suits any member of the Harimaron line so there's that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.