• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dec 8th: SM6 - Zing Zap Togedemaru!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Also looking forward to see Ash failing at cooking. I'm hoping Rotomdex is sassy during this part of the episode.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I do think that they'll blast off in this episode. Mimikyu I hope, survives and doesn't get blasted off with them.

Unfortunately, it seems to be the permanent fate of any Team Rocket Pokémon to get blasted off with Team Rocket. So, Mimikyu will probably get blasted off with the rest of the crew.

ShadowForce720

Your saying that just made me realize Rockruff isn't in the cast list, unless it shares a voice actor with another character. If that's the case, then so much for my hope of Rockruff staying home with Ash, giving the two of them an opportunity to bond. :( So, then, the "others" with whom Ash is watching Kukui's house would be Pikachu and Rotomdex? I suppose Rotomdex could provide commentary on Ash's attempts at cooking.

Perhaps Sophocles will end up programming something to help deal with the blackout. Hopefully, he will solve the problem in a way that is at least more interesting to watch than what Clemont would do.

If I had to guess I'm thinking that Rockruff not being the voice cast list is just because it probably shares a VA with another character.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Unfortunately, it seems to be the permanent fate of any Team Rocket Pokémon to get blasted off with Team Rocket. So, Mimikyu will probably get blasted off with the rest of the crew.
R.I.P. Mimikyu :( Something I really wished wouldn't happen so soon.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
well the mall in the game has the battle buffet so ash could always get some food there lol.

also i'm assuming the scene from the preview where pikachu takes mimikyu's shadow ball for togedemaru and hangs off a building is in this episode.

dman_dustin

Laziness?

How about cleverness? Why not take time to give each singular character some focus without any of the existing characters intervening? It will make for a much more solid and better written episode since the writers won't be forced to share focus among the group of characters and be able to focus on just one or two.

I fail to see how this is laziness. It's a smart decision.

You can see it like that and that's fine, your opinion and all.

But these seems to me like them saving money more than anything. Like they can't actually afford to have a more extensive episode with a lot more characters. Even if that wasn't true, and they just don't care, the fact a lot of characters are missing would seem to indicate that out of sheer laziness that they don't know what to do with the other characters. I mean remember the episode Brock had to go get ingredients, and Dawn's Pachirisu got sick, they didn't skimp on the characters.

And on top of that Team Rocket are here, so it's not going to be as cleverly focused as you think. Never will I approve a character plot focus that involves Team Rocket heavily, because Team Rocket has and will always be a plot story crutch. Which fuels the laziness even more, just LIKE Ash's Greninja being released was literally a Team Rocket plot but with Xerosic instead.

If Sophocles and Togedemaru needed a focus episode like Lana (which apparently she got screwed over since all the characters showed up), they could've done it without turning it into a mundane Team Rocket blah blah story.

How about Team Rocket not be used as an obvious crutch for the writers, because as if Sophocles would get proper development with Team Rocket plot story.

And no this isn't because I frequently dislike Team Rocket, but when the plot of the story exists SOLELY because of Team Rocket when it shouldn't be about them, it's already a negative aspect of the episode.

Sure maybe they just show up, blast Pikachu with Mimikyu's shadow ball, and Team Rocket are Bewear'd off again, and the episode is about finding Pikachu, but surely there was much better, a much better fulfilling Sophocles/Togedemaru plot THAN Team Rocket.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
It's voiced by Hayashibara.

Ah, that explains it. Thank you, Dephender. :)

So, then, it's still possible that Rockruff stays at home with Ash. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, because I really want Rockruff to have a chance to bond with Ash. I also want to see Rockruff's reaction to Bad Chef Ash. "Oh sweet Tapu Koko, how am I going to explain this to the professor when he gets home?" :p

It really sounds like a regular dog though

That's a testament to Hayashibara's skill as a voice actress. :)

Nothing like going to the mall only to have it be the only mall in existence without a backup generator haha

There is absolutely no excuse for any building in the Pokémon world not to have a backup generator, not when the world is full of Electric type Pokémon. A shopping mall, of all places, should have a crew of Electric types who can serve as backup generators in an emergency.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
There is absolutely no excuse for any building in the Pokémon world not to have a backup generator, not when the world is full of Electric type Pokémon. A shopping mall, of all places, should have a crew of Electric types who can serve as backup generators in an emergency.
Them Alolan folks must not believe in things going wrong

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Them Alolan folks must not believe in things going wrong

Maybe they're so drunk off sunlight and good weather that they don't believe in preparing for emergencies. Or they believe their Tapu guardians will solve all of their problems, even minor ones like shopping mall blackouts. Or Alolans give their Pokémon vacation leave, and all of the shopping mall's Electric types are at the beach on another island. :p

Or all of the shopping mall's Electric types are Pikachu, and Mimikyu's hatred burned so strongly that it enabled it to gain enough power to knock out all those rats.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
The other characters serve no purpose in this episode, let the ones who are being focused on enjoy it. I'm thinking that it's actually Mimikyu who'll be starring in this episode and moving the plot along. And TR is using it as an excuse to appear. I don't see how the exclusion of the other characters are proof as the staff being lazy. I'd rather not sit through Mao chan and majority of the tachi being mute and observing again. (not that I minded it)

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
You know what would be funny? If after the blackout incident Ash forgets to go shopping for the stuff he used while trying to cook and failing miserably and then Kukui returns to find his fridge totally empty.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
You know what would be funny? If after the blackout incident Ash forgets to go shopping for the stuff he used while trying to cook and failing miserably and then Kukui returns to find his fridge totally empty.

I think everybody is happy that they can eat at Mallow's 5 star Restaurant for free :D
After 20 damn years and 6 seasons Ash still can't cook although he Always is near someone who is good at cooking but he's too lazy to learn himself

mystic9899

Pokemon fan

the narrator at the end of the episode: "and so, after saving the mall from the blackout, ash says goodbye to sophocles and goes back home. as the journey con--"
ash: "OH NO, I FORGOT TO GET INGREDIENTS!!"
*cut to scene of kukui returning to an empty fridge*

i could definitely see them pulling this kind of thing of, reminds me of the time ash and the gang forgot about gliscor lol.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
the narrator at the end of the episode: "and so, after saving the mall from the blackout, ash says goodbye to sophocles and goes back home. as the journey con--"

i could definitely see them pulling this kind of thing of, reminds me of the time ash and the gang forgot about gliscor lol.

And then the house is on fire because Ash forgot to turn off the stove. Let's be honest, he'd totally forget to do that since he can't cook at all.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

This is exactly what I foresee happening, LOL!

And then the house is on fire because Ash forgot to turn off the stove. Let's be honest, he'd totally forget to do that since he can't cook at all.

Let's just pray - for Kukui's sake - that whatever Ash is cooking doesn't involve using the stove...or the oven...or the microwave...or any electrical appliance, for that matter. :p

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Let's just pray - for Kukui's sake - that whatever Ash is cooking doesn't involve using the stove...or the oven...or the microwave...or any electrical appliance, for that matter. :p

Or hope that Kukui has a really nice insurance company. Ash is the type of cook that can light water on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.