• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 10th: PM2019 090 - Winter Special #2! Dialga & Palkia! The Decisive Space-time Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SatoSereFan224888

Maybe this episode end is it was all a dream for Ash and he wakes up rolling out of bed. Chloe comes in because she heard a loud thud and checks it out. She sees Ash and asks him if he’s okay. He tells her he had a bad dream.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
tbh I'm quite intrigued to learn who voices Nanakamado now.

Last edited:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Maybe this episode end is it was all a dream for Ash and he wakes up rolling out of bed. Chloe comes in because she heard a loud thud and checks it out. She sees Ash and asks him if he’s okay. He tells her he had a bad dream.

SatoSereFan224888

This arc seems to be a bit weird. That’s why I theorize it could be a dream however that seems unlikely. But Pokemon can have its odd moments.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
This arc seems to be a bit weird. That’s why I theorize it could be a dream however that seems unlikely. But Pokemon can have its odd moments.

I'm surprised that AFAIK, we've never had an "it was all just a dream" twist ending for a weird episode or something like that, usually when something is a dream we know from the getgo or like halfway through

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I'm surprised that AFAIK, we've never had an "it was all just a dream" twist ending for a weird episode or something like that, usually when something is a dream we know from the getgo or like halfway through
Scary Hospitality (XY072) ends with Bonnie telling everyone that the haunted house was just a shared nightmare. But the twist is that it wasn’t a dream…

SatoSereFan224888

True. Especially with mirror characters in this arc, it’s possible it could be all a dream.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
tbh I'm quite intrigued to learn who voices Nanakamado now.

So, I'm genuinely curious on how they decide when it's okay to replace voice actors. Is it okay only if they pass away? Why was there such a fuss about replacing May's VA after she retired due to health issues?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
So, I'm genuinely curious on how they decide when it's okay to replace voice actors. Is it okay only if they pass away? Why was there such a fuss about replacing May's VA after she retired due to health issues?
AFAIK Japan gets really attached to their VAs, making recasting feel like they wouldn't be the same character. In the west it has happened with some shows, like Maude getting killed off in The Simpsons due to her VA wanting to leave IIRC

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

I can't for the life of me understand how someone who's actively following the Japanese marketing of this show, and has thus seen how much of the marketing of these "big important character return events you should definitely pay attention to" is focused on presenting the orginal voice actor and having them talk about their history on the show and how much it means to them to play the character again, could fail to realize why "hurr just replace her" isn't really an option.
Nanakamado is a minor supporting character who appeared in a tiny number of episodes, none of which he ever had many lines in, and his appearance next week wasn't mentioned in any kind of marketing at all. Haruka was a main character in over 200 episodes whose return would obviously be treated as an event. How could they even market such a thing?

It's also pretty telling that all the people going on about "what's the big deal, just get a new VA" are foreign dubbies that never heard the original voice in the first place and thus wouldn't even notice any replacement. That kind of invalidates your entire opinion, doesn't it?

AFAIK Japan gets really attached to their VAs, making recasting feel like they wouldn't be the same character. In the west it has happened with some shows, like Maude getting killed off in The Simpsons due to her VA wanting to leave IIRC

This is not "a Japan thing" and people really need to stop acting like it is. Disney specifically chose not to make a third Rescuers movie because of Eva Gabor's death. South Park dropped Chef after Isaac Hayes "resigned". I don't think "Who cares, the foreign dub voices would still be the same" was a particularly strong argument against either back then. Not to mention all the angry campaigning when the 4Kids dub cast got replaced in the Pokemon dub. Those people seemed to care quite a bit who voiced who.

Malice in Wonderland

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
So does this mean we might never see May again? :(
KAORI. is the voice of Hakura and she is still with us today. And Hakura is possibly her best-known role in VA so unless you get her blessing and permission, it would be disrespectful to simply replace her. Your best hope is for a spasmodic dysphonia treatment that will provide a permanent alleviation of the symptoms for her to feel healthy enough to be back in the open.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Inappropriate Posting
KAORI. is the voice of Hakura and she is still with us today. And Hakura is possibly her best-known role in VA so unless you get her blessing and permission, it would be disrespectful to simply replace her. Your best hope is for a spasmodic dysphonia treatment that will provide a permanent alleviation of the symptoms for her to feel healthy enough to be back in the open.
So she's being selfish and we're supposed to treat that as an admirable quality?

Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.