• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 11th: PM2019 049 - Koharu and the Really Mysterious Eievui!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Still, isn't Sobble at least more popular than Inteleon?
It's hard to say atm.

Last time we got a poll was back in February with the Pokémon of the Year Poll and Famitsu's Japan Poll

Inteleon beat out Sobble in both at the time.

With Sobble's presence in the anime it's hard to say whether or not it beats Inteleon in Popularity now. And we'll have no idea until we get another Official Poll

It's hard to say atm.

Last time we got a poll was back in February with the Pokémon of the Year Poll and Famitsu's Japan Poll

Inteleon beat out Sobble in both at the time.

With Sobble's presence in the anime it's hard to say whether or not it beats Inteleon in Popularity now. And we'll have no idea until we get another Official Poll
Luckily, we're gonna get one in about 2 months, so...

Either way, I'm pretty sure that Sobble is not gonna evolve

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I guess you were referring to Braixen. I like it the most among its family line. It walks on 2 legs and looks flexible, in which Delphox looks more bulky than flexible.
To be honest, I forgot about Braixen when saying this. This one is actually good hehe
I was referring to Pignite...

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
To be honest, I forgot about Braixen when saying this. This one is actually good hehe
I was referring to Pignite...
I see. I know people are spoiled with the final evolution form because how powerful they are, but if I got a real life pet and that we don't have to make them battle I would definitely have Braixen for the reasons I mentioned. Also, I found Pignite bulky for its 2nd form.

Mythical-Moonlight

If Ash, Goh, or Chloe get it (if Chloe will ever become a trainer), then yes
If Goh gets Grookey then Sobble's definitely Evolving lol
(Since it's unlikely that Goh will have 2 unevolved starter pokemon just walking by his side)

Anyways The reason why I still think Sobble has a shot at Evolving is mostly because Sobble is still pretty weak and timid in it's current stage.

Unevolved Starters usually make up for their lack of Evolutions by showing strong feats

(Example: Rowlet defeating Decidueye)

The fact that Sobble has yet to prove himself strong in his base form makes me think it'll Evolve one day.

If Goh gets Grookey then Sobble's definitely Evolving lol
(Since it's unlikely that Goh will have 2 unevolved starter pokemon just walking by his side)

Anyways The reason why I still think Sobble has a shot at Evolving is mostly because Sobble is still pretty weak and timid in it's current stage.

Unevolved Starters usually make up for their lack of Evolutions by showing strong feats

(Example: Rowlet defeating Decidueye)

The fact that Sobble has yet to prove himself strong in his base form makes me think it'll Evolve one day.
Yet, Ash had both Snivy and Oshawott, which, funnily enough, are the exact same types as Grookey and Sobble

Mythical-Moonlight

Yet, Ash had both Snivy and Oshawott, which, funnily enough, are the exact same types as Grookey and Sobble
I don't remember if Oshawott and Snivy were walking Pokémon outside of their Pokeballs in every episode

Ugh, keep Goh from ever hoarding all the damn Galar starters.
You'll never be able to stop the Psychotic Psychopath know as GOH!
He's gonna catch em ALL!!!
MWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

That’s not really a comparable situation as Oshawott and Snivy were caught in episodes 3 & 7 respectively. There isn’t really any reason for them to hold off on Grookey joining the main cast if they intended for Sobble and Grookey not to evolve.

ShadowForce720

He will only if Ash gets him, otherwise it won’t

Honesty I don’t think it’s safe to presume that if Goh gets Grookey that it won’t evolve. Because keep in mind if they truly cared about marketing Grookey in it’s base form to be a Pokémon similar to Piplup, Oshawott, Chespin, etc. as a Pokémon that won’t evolve during it’s generation then they wouldn’t have waited so long to introduce it to the main cast.

The fact that it’s taking so long just for Grookey to get a proper debut would imply that the writers in people in charge in the same way they viewed Piplup, Oshawott, Chespin, etc.

I have some statistics for when each basic form of a starter has been caught/shown to be on a main character's team (Including the main rival of the series):
Bulbasaur: 10 episodes by Ash
Charmander: 11 episodes by Ash (evolved)
Squirtle: 12 episodes by Ash
Chikorita: 2 episodes in by Casey (evolved)
Cyndaquil: 25 episodes in by Ash
Totodile: 35 episodes in by Ash
Treecko: 7 episodes in by Ash (evolved)
Torchic: 1 episode in by May
Mudkip: 25 episodes in by Brock (evolved)
Turtwig: 5 episodes in by Ash (evolved)
Chimchar: 3 episodes in by Paul (evolved by Ash)
Piplup: 1 episode in by Dawn
Snivy: 1 episode in by Trip (Trip's evolved)
Tepig: 4 episodes in by Ash (evolved)
Oshawott: 3 episodes in by Ash
Chespin: 10 episodes in by Clemont
Fennekin: 4 episodes in by Serena (evolved)
Froakie: 2 episodes in by Ash (evolved)
Rowlet: 4 episodes in by Ash
Litten: 21 episodes in by Ash (evolved)
Popplio: 1 episode in by Lana (evolved)
Grookey: Never Appeared
Scorbunny: 5 episodes in by Goh (evolved)
Sobble: 27 episodes in by Goh
Welp, we're already 50 episodes in and Grookey still hasn't debuted and yet every other basic starter has been owned by someone in the main cast 35 episodes in AT MOST, which seems crazy to me (although do note that Ash got Chimchar from Paul 52 episodes in)

No it doesn't seem unlikely at any point right now, how do you even reach that conclusion?
Well, it seems that Sobble is just gonna be that kind of side character that's not gonna do much battling and, out of what I've known, Sobble is more popular than it's evolutions

ShadowForce720

Well, it seems that Sobble is just gonna be that kind of side character that's not gonna do much battling and, out of what I've known, Sobble is more popular than it's evolutions

That doesn’t really work, as when it comes to the starters that don’t evolve they get pushed to the front a lot. While Sobble has some merchandise it’s not really being pushed to the extent that starter Pokémon that don’t evolve get pushed.

Also, no just because in your head canon Sobble is more popular then it’s evolutions doesn’t mean that it’s unlikely to evolve. There isn’t anything that really points to Sobble being more popular then Inteleon at this point.

Henry's Journey

I have some statistics for when each basic form of a starter has been caught/shown to be on a main character's team (Including the main rival of the series):
Bulbasaur: 10 episodes by Ash
Charmander: 11 episodes by Ash (evolved)
Squirtle: 12 episodes by Ash
Chikorita: 2 episodes in by Casey (evolved)
Cyndaquil: 25 episodes in by Ash
Totodile: 35 episodes in by Ash
Treecko: 7 episodes in by Ash (evolved)
Torchic: 1 episode in by May
Mudkip: 25 episodes in by Brock (evolved)
Turtwig: 5 episodes in by Ash (evolved)
Chimchar: 3 episodes in by Paul (evolved by Ash)
Piplup: 1 episode in by Dawn
Snivy: 1 episode in by Trip (Trip's evolved)
Tepig: 4 episodes in by Ash (evolved)
Oshawott: 3 episodes in by Ash
Chespin: 10 episodes in by Clemont
Fennekin: 4 episodes in by Serena (evolved)
Froakie: 2 episodes in by Ash (evolved)
Rowlet: 4 episodes in by Ash
Litten: 21 episodes in by Ash (evolved)
Popplio: 1 episode in by Lana (evolved)
Grookey: Never Appeared
Scorbunny: 5 episodes in by Goh (evolved)
Sobble: 27 episodes in by Goh
Welp, we're already 50 episodes in and Grookey still hasn't debuted and yet every other basic starter has been owned by someone in the main cast 35 episodes in AT MOST, which seems crazy to me (although do note that Ash got Chimchar from Paul 52 episodes in)

How is that we're 50 episodes in this saga and one starter of the 8th gen hasn't appeared yet, so weird.

Mythical-Moonlight

I'm just gonna say that Even if Sobble was more popular than it's Evolutions that still doesn't necessarily mean he won't Evolve.

Litten, Fenniken, Chikorita, Mudkip, and Tepig were all more liked than their Evolutions yet still Evolved.

Really in my opinion Popularity can be one reason to why a Pokémon Evolves or not.
BUT I don't think it's the only thing people should rely on or dictate when it comes to predicting Evolutions or not.

When a Starter Evolves more often than not it's because the writers have ideas for them that they cant accomplish in their Base Stages.

And as you can see there's not much Sobble can really do in it's Base stage because of it's timidness.

Status
Not open for further replies.