• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 11th: PM2019 049 - Koharu and the Really Mysterious Eievui!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Money, my dear. The whole point this cheap anime exists.

Yeah, but they still could've done a better job of it. It wasn't just bad writing, it was bad cross promotion. :mad:

Say what you want about the other times the show bought in elements for promotional purposes, but at least they didn't feel as useless/pointless as Sandy...

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Money, my dear. The whole point this cheap anime exists.

First time someone calls me "dear".

Sorry to dissapoint you but I can't reciprocate your feelings. Hope you find someone wonderful at some point in your life :)

===============

Also my coments were on regards of making it seem like Sandy would be some sort of big deal just to end up being caught by one of Ash's friends... And just not doing anything of real significance post-capture.

You could have had those Eevee segments as a glorified shorts on their youtube and nothing would have changed.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Sandy had potential with those mini segments featuring his arrival on Alola. Then we found out it wasn't going to Ash and it just became quite forgetful.

I really wonder why make some much build up for its introduction just... For nothing at all?

*Waves a copy of Let's Go, Eevee! in the air*

"Buy our game! Buy our game!"

Nothing more too it than that, really. Simple marketing.

Also, it had the unfortunate problem of being introduced in the literal last year of the show, where most of the development was for the League. Thing probably would've fared better if Let's Go came out a year earlier.

As for why it went to Lana, I have my speculations.

Maybe the writers did intend on giving it to Ash in the initial planning stages, but when Game Freak told them about Meltan and Melmetal, something changed. Either they changed their minds or they were forced to by the higher-ups.

Master Pikachu 11

I'm just giving this a pass since I actually expect this eevee to actually do something unlike Lana's last minute disgrace with the horrid haircut that did nothing.
I didn’t like that it had Hair to begin with and the only reason that it got a hair cut was because it’s hair kept getting in it’s eyes which it kept rubbing away.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
No, why wouldn't there be? We typically get eps all throughout December. Though there is the movie.
The movie coming out didn't stop them with M20, if I recall correctly (I believe there was some genuine surprise that there was an episode the same week the movie debuted), why would it stop them now?
What exactly has Koharu done so far that made you like her so much?
Been pretty different from all the other PokeGirls we've had. Treating Pokemon being around as boring everyday life instead of the eternal excitement everyone else has.
*Waves a copy of Let's Go, Eevee! in the air*

"Buy our game! Buy our game!"

Nothing more too it than that, really. Simple marketing.

Also, it had the unfortunate problem of being introduced in the literal last year of the show, where most of the development was for the League. Thing probably would've fared better if Let's Go came out a year earlier.

As for why it went to Lana, I have my speculations.

Maybe the writers did intend on giving it to Ash in the initial planning stages, but when Game Freak told them about Meltan and Melmetal, something changed. Either they changed their minds or they were forced to by the higher-ups.
Eevee can clearly only be owned by female protagonists who have starters. That's why Lana got Eevee instead of Lillie.

ShadowForce720

The movie coming out didn't stop them with M20, if I recall correctly (I believe there was some genuine surprise that there was an episode the same week the movie debuted), why would it stop them now?

Been pretty different from all the other PokeGirls we've had. Treating Pokemon being around as boring everyday life instead of the eternal excitement everyone else has.

Eevee can clearly only be owned by female protagonists who have starters. That's why Lana got Eevee instead of Lillie.

This argument falls apart fast since Chloe is getting an Eevee even though she isn’t a main character and she doesn’t have a starter.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
It completely slipped my mind that Koharu and Eevee were in the poster. It's annoying me once again that Lana got a pointless Eevee capture and is not contributing to Eevee Burnout™.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
This argument falls apart fast since Chloe is getting an Eevee even though she isn’t a main character and she doesn’t have a starter.
I was specifically referring to Lana's Eevee there, not the current one.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I wonder if the Eevee is mysterious because it can't evolve. Like people have been trying to place evolution stones on it and its body doesn't react so they sent it to Cerise Laboratory for investigation.

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I wonder if the Eevee is mysterious because it can't evolve. Like people have been trying to place evolution stones on it and it's body doesn't react so they sent it to Cerise Laboratory for investigation.
If that's the case then why tf was Pikachu so scared of a Thunder Stone?

Status
Not open for further replies.