• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 11th: PM2019 049 - Koharu and the Really Mysterious Eievui!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Yamper already went through his OOC Journeys Pikachu phase (though at least his was justified).

I mean, look at Pikachu. He is perfectly fine with Ash totally giving Dragonite and Gengar the middle finger over him and Lucario. 's fine as long as Pikachu remains in the spotlight circle and the jackal doesn't get most of that light.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I hope Koharu battles it and catches it that way.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yamper already went through his OOC Journeys Pikachu phase (though at least his was justified).

I mean, look at Pikachu. He is perfectly fine with Ash totally giving Dragonite and Gengar the middle finger over him and Lucario. 's fine as long as Pikachu remains in the spotlight circle and the jackal doesn't get most of that light.
Maybe because Pikachu didn't have a problem with the Mon, he had a problem with the trainer. Do you even watch the episodes?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Maybe because Pikachu didn't have a problem with the Mon, he had a problem with the trainer. Do you even watch the episodes?
Yes, I did. And yet, one day of Ash training the newest member of his team was enough for Pikachu to act grouchy for losing out on training. I'm surprised Riolu simply vanished after Pikachu ran away. Like, Riolu was the whole reason Ash got "distracted" but then he disappears altogether from the plot.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yes, I did. And yet, one day of Ash training the newest member of his team was enough for Pikachu to act grouchy for losing out on training. I'm surprised Riolu simply vanished after Pikachu ran away. Like, Riolu was the whole reason Ash got "distracted" but then he disappears altogether from the plot.
Riolu was the cathartis for ash's behaviour. It isn't the reason Pikachu gets pissed. Pikachu doesn't have a problem with riolu, it had a problem with how ash was treating it. It wasn't the fact that he's not using him 24/7, it's about how he promised to let Pikachu fight as well but goes on the whole evening training riolu causing Pikachu to fall asleep and then he gets scolded by ash for falling asleep. Ash was a bit OOC in that episode but Pikachu's reaction is very reasonable, it isn't coz of riolu, it's coz of ash.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Riolu was the cathartis for ash's behaviour. It isn't the reason Pikachu gets pissed. Pikachu doesn't have a problem with riolu, it had a problem with how ash was treating it. It wasn't the fact that he's not using him 24/7, it's about how he promised to let Pikachu fight as well but goes on the whole evening training riolu causing Pikachu to fall asleep and then he gets scolded by ash for falling asleep. Ash was a bit OOC in that episode but Pikachu's reaction is very reasonable, it isn't coz of riolu, it's coz of ash.
Yeah, that was the issue. I felt both of them were OOC. Ash with getting too invested in Riolu, and Pikachu taking the failed promise too far (one day of missed training is never going to affect him much anyway). The tension seemed too forced to me despite the fact those two are seen together 24/7. But if somehow this issue were to be more believable, it would have to involve Ash seriously leaving Pikachu out for days (minutes?), but in this case, Ash would be incredibly OOC and Pikachu would actually have a very good reason to ditch Ash. So, for the episode to "work," either of them has to really go against their characters.

Compared to Yamper - the family's dog - getting irked that Chloe - the girl who barely pays him any attention - got endeared a lot by Pidove, which understandably made Yamper feel left out that she got more interested in it than Yamper, given her story of being "meh" with Pokemon.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yeah, that was the issue. I felt both of them were OOC. Ash with getting too invested in Riolu, and Pikachu taking the failed promise too far (one day of missed training is never going to affect him much anyway). The tension seemed too forced to me despite the fact those two are seen together 24/7. But if somehow this issue were to be more believable, it would have to involve Ash seriously leaving Pikachu out for days (minutes?), but in this case, Ash would be incredibly OOC and Pikachu would actually have a very good reason to ditch Ash. So, for the episode to "work," either of them has to really go against their characters.

Compared to Yamper - the family's dog - getting irked that Chloe - the girl who barely pays him any attention - got endeared a lot by Pidove, which understandably made Yamper feel left out that she got more interested in it than Yamper, given her story of being "meh" with Pokemon.
I can understand feeling that both of them were OOC and the drama/tension was forced. Personally while Ash Definitely did seem OOC to me I was fine with Pikachu and I could excuse the OOC stuff coz as a result we got such a cute and adorable episode. I merely had a problem with your point that Pikachu had a problem/conflict with the jackal.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
I just noticed that this episode have Eevee in the title and the episode before this has Pikachu in the title. Both are the Pokémon franchise mascots.
I wonder if this was intentional.

Mew29240

I just noticed that this episode have Eevee in the title and the episode before this has Pikachu in the title. Both are the Pokémon franchise mascots.
I wonder if this was intentional.

Probably not. That episode looks to be more about Lucario and Cinderace than it is about Pikachu. I would believe it if they had Goh's PIkachu capture episode and Koharu's Eevee episode happen back-to-back.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I dont think Eevee is as much of a franchise mascot as people hype it up to be, it wasnt even in the 25th anniversary poster. Just because Lets Go were a pair of those 2 doesnt mean Eevee is close to mascot status as pikachu, heck all the starters are in that poster and eevee isnt.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I wonder if Chloe will officially catch Yamper here too. Would be cool to see her get a double catch since Goh does it all the time.

STICKTOPIA

I wonder if Chloe will officially catch Yamper here too. Would be cool to see her get a double catch since Goh does it all the time.
Wait yamper was never caught at all like rockruff before ash got it?

D

Deleted member 384931

Wonder what can be mysterious about it if it doesnt gigantamax and uses LGPE Eevee moves.

I honestly never see Chloe becoming an official trainer at all during the series, so I just think that either Eevee will be another Pidove or that Eevee would just hang around Chloe even if it is still technically a wild pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.