• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 12: XY010 - Chespin vs Mega Mega Meowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Clemont is getting so much focus. A third of the first ten are about him, even eclipsing the development given to Dawn at the beginning of DP. It's working, since I'm really liking him.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Clemont is getting so much focus. A third of the first ten are about him, even eclipsing the development given to Dawn at the beginning of DP. It's working, since I'm really liking him.
What development? Dawn never got any significant development, her character was static for the most part. Agreed, Clemont's character development last episode was great, but I doubt there will be any in this episode. The stage for it really isn't set.

LizardonX

Banned
What development? Dawn never got any significant development, her character was static for the most part. Agreed, Clemont's character development last episode was great, but I doubt there will be any in this episode. The stage for it really isn't set.

Oh please, like you can really say he's a completely different character for winning completely rigged battle.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I like Clemont, but I sincerely believe that he'll be overshadowed in this episode by his own father. Clemont and Chespin will likely start the counter attack against Team Rocket's latest mecha, and then Limone will appear and deliver the finishing blow with Mega Blaziken, effectively making Clemont and Chespin seem redundant. That's my expectation at this point.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I wonder if that scene of Clemont and Chespin smiling at each other is a Pokemon-Amie throwback? Chespin trotting around with a face full and basket full of macarons which bear a resemblance to PokePuffs, an item you feed your Pokemon in Pokemon-Amie and the smiling in-general and hand motion by Clemont, “Make a HUGE SMILE!” flavor text from the game screams to my mind immediately. Plus Chespin doesn’t seem too fond of either Lemon sibling during the introduction, but is going to help Clemont save Bonnie. So that could be looked at as its “affection” increasing so to speak.

Last edited:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Oh please, like you can really say he's a completely different character for winning completely rigged battle.

Every battle is rigged. I'm not sure if you noticed, but it's an anime.. meaning the writers kinda need to decide and 'rig' the outcome of a battle in order to actually draw it..

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️

He's not a completely different character, he actually learned a lesson and grew as a person from his time with the gang thus far and the battle showcased that as well the talk with his dad and Citroid. The battle was nothing but realistic, not sure what you're talking about.

Janovy

Banned
He's not a completely different character, he actually learned a lesson and grew as a person from his time with the gang thus far and the battle showcased that as well the talk with his dad and Citroid. The battle was nothing but realistic, not sure what you're talking about.
Well well, when Dawn's character didn't change you said she didn't develop at all, when she clearly learned from her experience as well. So now development does not necessarily equal character change? I mean, if you're ready to say that for Clemont, it applies to Dawn as well. :p

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster

By comparing Clemont to Dawn, there's a downside as well. Dawn got a lot of early stuff too but after the Wallace Cup the poor girl struggled to keep her story afloat. Now that's mainly due to the writers clearly not having a long term plan with her after she peaked in the Wallace Cup, but I'm worried the same could happen to Clemont. Lumiose Gym could be Clemont's peak. Thankfully it's the 5th Gym so it won't be a early peak, but I don't expect much from Clemont after that.

So I'm really going to enjoy these Clemont episodes we're getting now. I hope he and Chespin have a good relationship. Ash does his usual thing, Bonnie doesn't have a true story outside her brother and friends, and Serena's moving slower then a snail, so Clemont's the only other character besides Ash that has a story going on.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Well well, when Dawn's character didn't change you said she didn't develop at all, when she clearly learned from her experience as well. So now development does not necessarily equal character change? I mean, if you're ready to say that for Clemont, it applies to Dawn as well. :p

Except Dawn's core character never really changed, she was depressed from her failures but ultimately got over them and got directly back to the place she was before. Think of it as being a cup of water that's half full, pouring it out and filling it back up half way. Overall her character never really changed significantly, she became a better Coordinator/trainer like characters in this show do. But her character never really developed heavily, unless you count her learning some doctor stuff from Brock. That was about it, plus her character started to peter out after the Wallace Cup because she hit her high point by then.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Except Dawn's core character never really changed, she was depressed from her failures but ultimately got over them and got directly back to the place she was before. Think of it as being a cup of water that's half full, pouring it out and filling it back up half way. Overall her character never really changed significantly, she became a better Coordinator/trainer like characters in this show do. But her character never really developed heavily, unless you count her learning some doctor stuff from Brock. That was about it, plus her character started to peter out after the Wallace Cup because she hit her high point by then.

Not that this is the place to discuss it, but Dawn had arrogance which she clearly made to hide her fears in. She hated losing and would make a big fuss and cry when things did not go her way. The losing streak made her far more humble and she could handle failure for more easily then most characters could, certainly more then May did at her second GF. Imagine if Dawn won the Wallace Cup with her arrogance still in tact. Many characters don't go through major personality changes in this anime, this is not just Dawn's fault. People give May credit for it, but really she just got into Pokemon Contest. She still loved food, still loved her family, and got over her so called hate for Pokemon by the second episode. If you don't count Dawn's growth in Contest as character development, then you also have to cut May's in half as well. Again not that this is the place for that. This about Clemont and Chespin XD

Janovy

Banned
But Dawn's character did change. She started out as an overconfident girl, suffered some terrible loses and then had to regain her confidence. You can't say that Dawn from episode 1 has the same character like Dawn from episode 191, when she has learned to do things on her own and got much stronger. From a girl who cried after losing at the very start, to a girl who as a true friend congratulated Zoey for winning despite being SO damn close to achieving her dream - you can't say that's nothing. You may say her personality didn't change that much, but personality change does not equal character development. Dawn learning that she can rely on herself and her friends and giving her mother's ribbon back to her was the epitome of her development, do you know how much that says about Dawn?

Dawn said that she no longer needed to walk in her mother's shadow, and only needed her Pokémon's care and support to become a Top Coordinator, proving to her mother and to herself how much she had grown as a Trainer. She changed, she developed. :/

J Ken

RAVE
I'd hope Blaziken Mask ends up being useless in saving Ash and friends because Mega Blaziken would be too powerful to attack the Mecha without harming the captives. Then Chespin comes in saves the day by not being too strong and being skilled enough to save the others without harming them and then joins Mega Blaziken in blasting off the Super Mecha.

Lorde

I'd hope Blaziken Mask ends up being useless in saving Ash and friends because Mega Blaziken would be too powerful to attack the Mecha without harming the captives. Then Chespin comes in saves the day by not being too strong and being skilled enough to save the others without harming them and then joins Mega Blaziken in blasting off the Super Mecha.

I don't like that scenario to be honest because it would make Mega Blaziken seem incompetent when the opposite was shown in the second XY episode. I'd rather have Limone save the day with Mega Blaziken since that's what the hype has been leading up to imo. Clemont and him could work together to destroy the mecha after Mega Blaziken saves the hostages tbh.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I don't like that scenario to be honest because it would make Mega Blaziken seem incompetent when the opposite was shown in the second XY episode. I'd rather have Limone save the day with Mega Blaziken since that's what the hype has been leading up to imo. Clemont and him could work together to destroy the mecha after Mega Blaziken saves the hostages tbh.

I hardly call "jumping as a bullet to save a kid" enough to count the chicken as too powerful. We don't know how strong it is...or how competent the guy in the mask is.

dman_dustin

How can something "too powerful" make something seem incompetent?

If you are too powerful, you are too powerful.

Lorde

How can something "too powerful" make something seem incompetent?

If you are too powerful, you are too powerful.

People are saying that Mega Blaziken would be hindered by its strength and would be unable to rescue the hostages safely, therefore making it incompetent as it would lack the necessary skills to accomplish the job. I'm pretty sure I used the word in the proper context, although we obviously haven't seen too many scenarios like this where a Pokemon is so powerful that it's almost superfluous.

I don't think the writers will make Mega Blaziken incompetent. It'd seem too troll-ish, especially since we've seen that Blaziken's able to master Mega Evolution well, implying some degree of good intelligence. Sure, we've only seen about ten seconds of it, but I think Mega Blaziken won't do something stupid like trip on a branch while running.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Preview
- Sophie catches Chespin stuffing his face with Macaron's behind a pot plant.
- Clemont saves Chespin from Mega Mega Meowth.
- Chespin fires a Bullet Seed attack at Mega Mega Mewoth.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster

I would love for Mega Blaziken to fail only for Chespin and Clemont to save the day. Maybe it's because Clemont's become my favorite Kalos character at the moment, maybe it's because I never go into the Mega Blaziken hype, but I hope the team of Clemont and Chespin steal the show and outshine the mega fire chicken. I don't think that will happen but I want it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.