• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 12: XY010 - Chespin vs Mega Mega Meowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Preview
- Sophie catches Chespin stuffing his face with Macaron's behind a pot plant.
- Clemont saves Chespin from Mega Mega Meowth.
- Chespin fires a Bullet Seed attack at Mega Mega Mewoth.

Clemont saving Chespin is another proof of Clemont being Chespin's (future) trainer. Yes! Oh, and Chespin knows Bullet Seed ? Interesting.
Is there a link, by the way ?

Okay, it was probably the first scene of another commercial, but there was something at the end of that video that bothered me.

There's this hooded figure, but it doesn't look like Blaziken Mask since the clothing is blue and the hood style seems different from a Mega Blaziken theme.

Ideas, anyone?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Thanks so much to shunta maru for posting the preview on his channel. I didn't think the new preview was all-that informative though; it just showed what we already knew, although seeing Clemont save Chespin was nice. It's great that they're bonding so much in this episode and that Chespin is fighting hard for him.

Janovy

Banned
There's this hooded figure, but it doesn't look like Blaziken Mask since the clothing is blue and the hood style seems different from a Mega Blaziken theme.

Ideas, anyone?
Hmm, are you sure that belongs to this preview?

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Clemont being so athletic is so OOC. That entire scene would have worked so much better if ash was doing it.
How is it OOC? Clemont wants to be more like Ash and that's pushing himself to do things no matter how hard, it shows he's becoming more like this. I mean he did something similar in episode 7 when he broke the controller owned by Team Rocket for the cage the Rhyhorn were trapped in.

Janovy

Banned
How is it OOC? Clemont wants to be more like Ash and that's pushing himself to do things no matter how hard, it shows he's becoming more like this. I mean he did something similar in episode 7 when he broke the controller owned by Team Rocket for the cage the Rhyhorn were trapped in
Plus, he's not carrying his backpack.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Clemont being so athletic is so OOC. That entire scene would have worked so much better if ash was doing it.

It'd be boring if Ash was doing it because we've seen Ash do it a hundred times, plus in-general Clemont's gotten bolder with his actions since he joined the group. Jumping to smash the Rockets' device for example. He's not much of a runner but he can pull off an effective Chespin rescuing.

Preview looks awesome, Clemont looks awesome, this boy's on a roll, can't wait to see him catch Chespin, Chespin's Pin Missle looks killer. I'm surprised it can damage a Rocket mecha so much, I figured its attack would be ineffective. I love how it values the precious macarons that Serena left to lead them to the robot so much that it's collecting them to eat them later. What an adorable little thing, it and Froakie have some nice personality.

How is it OOC? Clemont wants to be more like Ash and that's pushing himself to do things no matter how hard, it shows he's becoming more like this. I mean he did something similar in episode 7 when he broke the controller owned by Team Rocket for the cage the Rhyhorn were trapped in.

Ninja'd. Clemont is XtraordinarY.

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit

If you mean the preview I have no idea what you're talking about. That scene where he grabs Chespin and saves him? He may be unathletic but he's not completely lethargic, least of all it being anything OOC.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The hooded dude is some guy from Ace of Diamond, and had nothing to do with the Pokemon preview.

Also, the move used is Pin Missile, not Bullet Seed.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
God forbid should Clemont try and save Chespin. I mean, how out of character of him to rescue a poor defenseless Pokemon that he spent much of the episode bonding with. :rolleyes: And I'm cackling @ Pin Missile; oh how I yearn for the old animation. The new animation style made me think it was Leech Seed or something.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
The preview didn't show that much, but I did enjoy Chespin doing all it can for it's snacks, and running away from the main cast. Maybe it thought they were going to steal it's treats? Either way Chespin actually looks pretty entertaining. I look forward to seeing it and Clemont battle. How Bonnie uses it as a play thing, I don't know, but between Clemont and Bonnie, I do not think Chespin will end up like poor Mudkip. Chespin might be the second best handled Starter Pokemon even.

Hmm, are you sure that belongs to this preview?

I don't know; I'm not sure how Japanese commercials work. Do the commercials, like, black out for a split-second before starting the next commercial like here in the U.S., or do they start the next one immediately without a split-second-long blackout? 'Cause there was definitely no split-second-long blackout.

I doubt its Pokemon related so there's really no need to waste our time with it

Whoa, why so hostile? I did admit it could be a flub on my part, but it just seemed so suspicious to me that the ad instantly cut to that scene.

RickHoenn

Banned
Okay, it was probably the first scene of another commercial, but there was something at the end of that video that bothered me.

Ideas, anyone?

That belongs to the baseball themed anime Ace of Diamond.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Awh yeah, I knew all along this move was Pin Missile (laughing at those who tried to make me believe it was Leech Seed)!
Anyway, Clemont saving Chespin was really cool to see. I think Clemont is one of the most interesting character so far. And Chespin looks cute and enjoyable. I somehow picture it not exactly like Oshawott. It seems... different. Can't wait for Chespin to join the cast!

Funny thing; was I the only one to think Chespin somehow had lipstick when we saw it like that ?:
[IMG139]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/898181Chespin.png[/IMG139]
... charming. :D

Last edited:
I'm now welcoming Chespin into the cast with open arms. That preview made Chespin so adorable, and I love the Pin Missile against M-M-Meowth. And I'm really looking forward to more Clemont and Chespin scenes in the future, because they're great.

sunyshore.com

Electric Obsession
clemont has run as hard as he can, and jumped around, to help out before. it makes him out of breath, and he's not very good at it, but doing something like that is not at all OOC for him. not even remotely :) just because it makes him run out of breath does not mean it is not part of his character to do such things, when we have already established he does them.

more excited for this episode all the time. i do hope blaziken mask's identity is not revealed to them so he can turn up again in other places.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Oh please.. I guess Cilan being a fisherman was out of character too stop being a child and get over it.

He has a point though. Clemont has been shown to be out of shape and nonathletic. It's not like Cilan was portrayed to be a bad fisher at first.

But I really don't care. It's like a mom lifting her car off of her baby. Clemont cares for Chespin so he'll do what he has to.

Status
Not open for further replies.