• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 12: XY010 - Chespin vs Mega Mega Meowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Clemont cares for Chespin so he'll do what he has to.

Well yeah. Clemont cares about Chespin and it's the adrenaline kicking in giving Clemont physical abilities that he wouldn't usually have to save it. But the way some people talk about Clemont, you'd think he was handicapped or something. I mean he's not the most physically fit character, but he's mobile. I don't think it's out of character for him to be worried about Chespin and trying to save it. :x

Last edited:

diakyu

Jumping to save someone and running long distances are not really the same thing. And the last episode showed him keeping up with the others but still running awkwardly.

Jumping to save someone and running long distances are not really the same thing. And the last episode showed him keeping up with the others but still running awkwardly.

Although, it'd probably take some running to put energy into that jump. I doubt it was that much of a run, though, but I was just pointing it out.

Otherwise, yes, I'd agree.

wiitard119

Awh yeah, I knew all along this move was Pin Missile (laughing at those who tried to make me believe it was Leech Seed)!
Anyway, Clemont saving Chespin was really cool to see. I think Clemont is one of the most interesting character so far. And Chespin looks cute and enjoyable. I somehow picture it not exactly like Oshawott. It seems... different. Can't wait for Chespin to join the cast!

Funny thing; was I the only one to think Chespin somehow had lipstick when we saw it like that ?:
[IMG139]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/898181Chespin.png[/IMG139]
... charming. :D

CAN NOT UNSEE.
omg lol.
Btw i guess clemont is confirmed to get chespin now.. This means ash will get a different grass AND a different fire type this gen since he cant get Fenekkin /Chespin =/

CAN NOT UNSEE.
omg lol.
Btw i guess clemont is confirmed to get chespin now.. This means ash will get a different grass AND a different fire type this gen since he cant get Fenekkin /Chespin =/

How in the world is it confirmed that Ash will be getting a Grass-type Pokemon and a Fire-type Pokemon? They could change things up this time around.

Buechs44

Aipom Master
I cannot wait to see Chespin. I just hope they divide time between it and Bunnelby as Clemont's go-to Pokémon.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
So it looks like Chespin is the glutton of the group, how cute. I hope Chespin turns out to be a good fighter under Clemont's command. Clemont did a wonderful job using Bunneby as his main fighter. Is this Chespin from Professor Sycamore's lab?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So it looks like Chespin is the glutton of the group, how cute. I hope Chespin turns out to be a good fighter under Clemont's command. Clemont did a wonderful job using Bunneby as his main fighter. Is this Chespin from Professor Sycamore's lab?

Imo, Clemont could use Bunnelby so effectively because he had him for a while, but Chespin is a brand-new Pokemon for him and aside from the Pin Missile attack on the Mega Mega Meowth, I don't think Clemont will be able to use Chespin effectively in this episode. I think they'll need to train together before they can battle well as a team. Anyway, I have no idea where this Chespin comes from, but I hope he's not from Sycamore's lab. That's where Froakie and Fennekin originate from and I think it would be odd to have three Pokemon on the cast that once belonged to Professor Sycamore.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
up to this point, i'm sure there's no more people going to be complaining chespin is clemont since it was clearly stated from the preview

when i say isn't it should be is - sorry for the typo error

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
up to this point, i'm sure there's no more people going to be complaining chespin isn't clemont since it was clearly stated from the preview

Again, why can't you guys ignore this? It was painfully obvious Chespin was going to Clemont with the opening as well as Yuki Kaji pretty much outright saying he only uses Chespin in-game because Clemont gets one. You guys give certain members as much power/attention as you choose instead of hand-waving those comments off and moving on with the thread.

Last edited:

pokefandt

Again, why can't you guys ignore this? It was painfully obvious Chespin was going to Clemont with the opening as well as Yuki Kaji pretty much outright saying he only uses Chespin in-game because Clemont gets one. You guys give certain members as much power/attention as you choose instead of hand-waving those comments off and moving on with the thread.

Yuki Kaji. . now I realize why Clemont's voice sounds so familiar after watching after watching Attack on Titan.

Now that raises a question, where is Clemont's mother?

Blue Saturday

Yuki Kaji. . now I realize why Clemont's voice sounds so familiar after watching after watching Attack on Titan.

IIRC, Virgil and Clemont actually have the same VA. So yeah Yuki's first go-around as a Pokemon character wasn't his debut in XY. :p

I have my suspicions on that Ampharos....for various reasons.

And yeah, Yuki Kaji voiced Virgil earlier. He's one of my favorite VAs.

The "Yuki" in his name and the "Yuki" Citron talks about (courage?) the same thing right? Neat coincidence.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3

On that day, Lumiose gym challengers received a grim reminder.

dman_dustin

People are saying that Mega Blaziken would be hindered by its strength and would be unable to rescue the hostages safely, therefore making it incompetent as it would lack the necessary skills to accomplish the job. I'm pretty sure I used the word in the proper context, although we obviously haven't seen too many scenarios like this where a Pokemon is so powerful that it's almost superfluous.

It has nothing to do with incompetence.

Am I incompetent just because I can't life 500 pounds over my head to save someone's life?

If not why would it be incompetent, for a Pokemon to be so powerful that it can't decrease its strength to safe levels, that has nothing to do with incompetence. If it's impossible, it's just impossible.

However be as that may, I really don't think that will be an issue with Blaziken.

Just speaking hypothetically.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I will continue to support Chespin, even if it's role is diminished with Clemont (come on this is obvious regardless of if it's used constantly or not).

And because of that, this is a great episode already and Clemont is now one of my all time favorite cast members (even Mudkip couldn't get me to side with Brock)

Blue Saturday

I will continue to support Chespin, even if it's role is diminished with Clemont (come on this is obvious regardless of if it's used constantly or not).
Do tell me the future fate of all of the Pokemon on the main cast, I'd just love to know that. Because Combusken got such a diminished role under May's ownership meanwhile Torkoal was just given so much focus, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.