1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

December 12: XY010 - Chespin vs Mega Mega Meowth

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Blue Saturday, Nov 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I can't imagine how Chespin would be solely responsible for TR's blastoff. Is it seriously that important to you?

2. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Another year of wasting my life ಠ_ಠ

What I think he's getting at is Chespin is not gonna be battling often, as Clemont hasn't really battled much at all up to this point.

3. Well, the way he says it, it seems like he wants Chespin to be this over-the-top powerhouse that'll nuke TR during their blastoff. That's not gonna be good for it if it's gonna be with Clemont. If it won't battle much, then I think the fans shouldn't be even more upset that this powerhouse is with someone who doesn't battle often.

4. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

So you want it to be weak and pathetic because chespin got the short end of the stick with his owner.

5. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I agree. I'm so done with the Chespin drama; there's so much more going on in this episode anyway; I'm looking forward to seeing Limone arrive with the Mega Blaziken more now because of how much exposure the Chespin thing has gotten. I just can't be bothered to care about that anymore and I'm way more interested in the other stuff; I might even say that I want to see how Serena and Bonnie will cope while they're hostages because at least that hasn't led to tedious debates.

6. Joltik-Kid

Just to make this clear, I don't hate Chespin with Clemont...

I think common ground like Pansage would be nice (of coarse it won't be Pansage, that's Bunnelby) not too strong, but not weak at all. Competent I guess

7. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

I guess Serena should give her Fennekin to Ash too and Clemont his Bunnelby so we'll actually get the chance to see them get a small amount of screen time again? I really, really, really don't care. It's Clemont's Pokemon, under his care, I want to see its growth throughout XY. Any future returns are just a bonus. Let Clemont have Chespin and don't try to demonize his owning it and shilling it as if it would be the perfect thing ever under Ash. It hasn't done anything, we haven't seen much of it at all, we have no idea if it will evolve, won't evolve, how strong it'll be or whatever. We have no idea how much battling Clemont will do throughout XY so the Pokemon fate is up in the air just like every other Pokemon on the main cast's is.

8. Would you rather have it be a powerhouse that's stuck with someone that doesn't battle too often, or would you rather have it be a regular Pokemon that's stuck with someone that doesn't battle too often?

Lorde likes this.
  9. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

I want it to be a powerhouse stuck with someone who battles often. Short of that i would sooner have it be the new dragonite than the new mijumaru.

10. Think realistically, since there's nothing anyone can do about this anymore.

Would you want Chespin to be a powerhouse with Clemont, or just a regular Pokemon?

11. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

I think you're confusing Dragonite with Brock's super broken Happiny/Chansey.

12. Joltik-Kid

You know, sometimes you take things too seriously that you miss the little things :)

Just wanted to prove you didn't read my post clearly when you responded to this post earlier. I never said Chespin (whatever stage) was automatically gonna show up when Ash battles in the future.

Doryuzu, all I'm saying is it's easier to project battling with Ash then it is with Clemont. The only guaranteed battle he's gonna have is vs Ash sometime down the road, seeing as he's the 5th gym leader (unless there's an outside chance he actually has his robot battle Ash). That's why Chespin's role feels diminished, I don't want Mudkip 2.0

13. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

It might be Oshawott 2.0 (or even Piplup 3.0) instead. Mudkip at least evolved.

14. Joltik-Kid

I don't care about evolution... I care about it actually appearing and doing something not related to playing with a child. Regardless of what the once proud supporters of Oshawott think, he actually did something for Ash. Sure he lost, but he still battled. And why bring up Piplup, it was handled far better then Mudkip

15. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

I was talking about the base form starter used in marketing.

16. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

Practice what ya preach, nice mud-slinging Champ-in-the-making :)

How about letting the little hedgehog get some screen time and a role on the show before deeming it Mudkip 2.0? Possibly? And as for the more guaranteed battle time under Ash, honestly, you have no idea how much Clemont will battle. If Chespin was under Ash's care, he could very well not use it much at all, it could very well be a smaller part of his team in the battle department. We don't know how much battling Clemont will do, but like I said before, you can't automatically say its chances at fighting are auto-diminished under Clemont's care. Bunnelby looks like a much stronger and competent Pokemon than Froakie, Fletchling, Fennekin or Dedenne and it's only been 9 episodes of XY. You have no idea how it will be handled. My problem with your reasoning is that you imply Chespin being under Clemont's care just totally strips the Pokemon of any huge chance or opportunity and it'll be just a relapse of another Pokemon on the main cast.

17. Joltik-Kid

Please inform me what I missed or how I'm being hypocritical? Or to be 100% thorough, what exactly am I preaching?

Again, your taking something I said too seriously. Did I said Chespin is Mudkip? I said there is a chance based on projection... I hardly know the answer to whether that is true or not. If I say it more accurately, I'm speculating based on how often Clemont has battled up to this point. So far, the answer is 2 (though only one battle has been completed). To be honest, I don't get why something I'm saying is getting anyone worked up, if I'm wrong, then I'm the only one who suffers here because it makes me look stupid for saying it.

Banana Knight Arthur likes this.
  18. Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Ash&Pikachu-Fan Pika-Speed

Yay, I can't wait for this episode! I can't really tell what the focus is on, though but it looks like Clemont, Chespin, Team Rocket and Blaziken Mask will play some role.

I was hoping for Ash to capture Chespin but I don't mind Clemont capturing it either, just as long as he gets a Phantump instead. :p

19. SerenaForTheWin

SerenaForTheWin Yusarin >_<

that chespin is going to clemont :p. ok it was really confirmed on serebii for proof(CLEMONT captures a Chespin)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.