• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 12: XY010 - Chespin vs Mega Mega Meowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

diakyu

No offense meant but uh, is whether or not they came from the wild matter? Seems pretty trivial.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
And in comes Chespin, sweet! Also, MegaBlaziken again, hopefully itll be Ashs rival. Or Harrison xD

Why do people think the Mega Blaziken man will be Ash's rival? I mean he looks like an adult whereas Ash is still a kid. I don't think he would make a good rival given the age difference. Anyway, it's hard to get excited for Chespin when the Mega Blaziken man is appearing here. I mean it seems obvious to me that he stops the Meowth mecha.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Why do people think the Mega Blaziken man will be Ash's rival? I mean he looks like an adult whereas Ash is still a kid. I don't think he would make a good rival given the age difference. Anyway, it's hard to get excited for Chespin when the Mega Blaziken man is appearing here. I mean it seems obvious to me that he stops the Meowth mecha.

Eh, Chespin seemed to be doing just fine against TR based on that one scene we saw.

nuzamaki90

Do remember that Tobias, Harrison, Virgil, and Tyson were each League Rivals and considerably older than Ash, with Tobias being the main one who looked like he was in his mid or early 20s. Age doesn't really matter since Ash himself looks older in this saga and you don't have to be a kid to participate in the Pokemon League.

I personally want the guy to be Ash's main rival because he's got a Mega Blaziken which already looks incredibly powerful and I want him and Ash to have a dynamic where he's always telling Ash that he'll never win if he doesn't perfect the bond between him and his Pokemon, which is needed to even use Mega Evolution. Sure Ash has a pretty strong bond with his Pokemon as is, but Froakie has already shown some disloyalty by not listening to Ash and the Lucario that Ash might get from Korrina could also have problems correctly battling alongside Ash. As much as I would love a Mega Charizard VS Mega Blaziken rematch, I'd be perfectly fine with Ash and his M-Lucario facing off against Masked Blaziken and his M-Blaziken.

This episode could open up their rivalry and hopefully they have a battle here or later on in the saga. I'm just really looking forward to this guy and I'm hoping the writers don't waste the potential he has.

I wonder what this mega-mega meowth is supposed to be, perhaps some poor TR humor!

According to Bulbapedia it looks like TR captured Sycamore, Bonnie, and Serena, took the research and data Sycamore collected on Mega Evolution with his Garchomp or whatever, and used that data to power up a mechanical Meowth that is as strong as a Mega Pokemon.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
To quote Kojiro in that preview of this episode that was shown during the XY1&2 1-hour special, "Another evolution beyond Mega Evolution: Mega Mega Evolution".

And this is Mega Mega Nyarth:

KKS-Lapras

Didn't Chikorita leave her former trainer similar to Snivy? I thought that Chikorita was stubborn, and would battle any Pokemon to prove how tough it was, having something to prove or something along those lines.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Didn't Chikorita leave her former trainer similar to Snivy? I thought that Chikorita was stubborn, and would battle any Pokemon to prove how tough it was, having something to prove or something along those lines.

Chikorita was wild as far as we know and didn't have a former trainer.

Anyway, the MegaMegaMeowth looks impressive, but it's just another mecha that is destined to fail. Thankfully, it seems confirmed that the Mega Blaziken man and/or Chespin destroys it; at least Pikachu might not be involved in that this time.

So looks like this is when that scene with Chespin using Pin Missile on a TR mecha is from.

Edit: Bulbapedia has this to say about this episode:

"Blaziken Mask: A mysterious masked man keeping the peace of Lumiose City. What is his real identity...?!
The Team Rocket robot MegaMegaMega Mega Meowth rampages! When Ash and friends can't seem to do anything against it's considerable strength, Mega Blaziken appears!! Does Mega Evolution truly hold the key to the battle?!
Team Rocket's goal is Professor Sycamore, who is studying Mega Evolution!!
Professor Sycamore was caught!!
Since he knows a lot about it, Team Rocket attempt to have Prof. Sycamore the secrets of Mega Evolution! They intend to obtain its fearsome power and use it for evil!!
MegaMegaMega Mega Meowth is complete!!
With the stolen research data, MegaMegaMega Mega Meowth is completed!! Will it spell big trouble for not only Ash and friends, but the entire Kalos region too?!
Wherever there's trouble in Lumiose City, they will always appear! Mega Blaziken and Blaziken Mask! Are they the only pair that can stop Team Rocket?!
Mega Blaziken and Blaziken Mask save Ash?!
Ash: 'We're not giving up either!! '
MegaMegaMega Mega Meowth details: 'It has a cord coming out of its backside, which leads to Team Rocket's base.' 'Is this its weakness?!'; It has very powerful arms, with strong claws; Electric-type moves bounce off it; and Meowth is in it, controlling it. '"

Actually, now that I look at this, I'm now impressed again with TR (whose goal is apparently to understand MegaEvolution through Sycamore), even though it's more than obvious they're destined to fail.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Actually, now that I look at this, I'm now impressed again with TR (whose goal is apparently to understand MegaEvolution through Sycamore), even though it's more than obvious they're destined to fail.

Still, they do seem to be doing fairly well in this episode.

Still, they do seem to be doing fairly well in this episode.

Well, I don't wanna get my hopes shot to hell and driven over by a tank. But I do hope that we see awesome scenes from TR in that mecha.

Seems as if they're trying their best to make their mecha more durable if they wanna learn about MegaEvolution.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I just would've liked one unique starter Pokemon, but no they all seem to be from Sycamore's lab, I can't see why anyone would be okay with that, might as well, just have the traveling companions next generation with Ash just get their starter Pokemon from the region's professor, since they can't seem to bother with unique backstories now outside of abandoned from trainers (or they abandoned their trainers) and lab Pokemon.

This is the first time it might happen. Them not doing wild starters this time around doesn't mean they have a problem with it. It's just simply a different writing choice this time around. Honestly at least these have a solid origin unlike wild pokemon without any backstory or the abandoned story again.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
To quote Kojiro in that preview of this episode that was shown during the XY1&2 1-hour special, "Another evolution beyond Mega Evolution: Mega Mega Evolution".

Is this actually supposed to be funny?

This isn't going anywhere, it's painfully obvious. Why waste the time, just to showcase Super Awesome Cool Man again?

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Is this actually supposed to be funny?

This isn't going anywhere, it's painfully obvious. Why waste the time, just to showcase Super Awesome Cool Man again?

Eh, who knows, maybe they will report back to Giovanni about Mega evolutions and they'll have some sort of mission about it.

ArcaneStar

Village Idiot
Eh, who knows, maybe they will report back to Giovanni about Mega evolutions and they'll have some sort of mission about it.

If they do, then our favorite man in speedo will most certainly want to get in on the action. Perhaps another arc similar to the BW S2 Unova Crisis one? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a possible run in (and throw-down) with Team Flare.

Who knows? This "Super Awesome Cool Man" could be Clemont and Bonnie's father Limone. It should set up for an intriguing plot.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
If they do, then our favorite man in speedo will most certainly want to get in on the action. Perhaps another arc similar to the BW S2 Unova Crisis one? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a possible run in (and throw-down) with Team Flare.

Speedo o_O..........???????

Status
Not open for further replies.