1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

December 12: XY010 - Chespin vs Mega Mega Meowth

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Blue Saturday, Nov 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diakyu

diakyu Well-Known Member

No offense meant but uh, is whether or not they came from the wild matter? Seems pretty trivial.

2. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Why do people think the Mega Blaziken man will be Ash's rival? I mean he looks like an adult whereas Ash is still a kid. I don't think he would make a good rival given the age difference. Anyway, it's hard to get excited for Chespin when the Mega Blaziken man is appearing here. I mean it seems obvious to me that he stops the Meowth mecha.

3. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

Probably the best episode i'm looking forward too - who doesn't love the idea of Mega Mega Meowth vs Chespin even if it is a robot.

4. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Eh, Chespin seemed to be doing just fine against TR based on that one scene we saw.

5. SexyAvalugg

SexyAvalugg Member

I wonder what this mega-mega meowth is supposed to be, perhaps some poor TR humor!

6. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

Do remember that Tobias, Harrison, Virgil, and Tyson were each League Rivals and considerably older than Ash, with Tobias being the main one who looked like he was in his mid or early 20s. Age doesn't really matter since Ash himself looks older in this saga and you don't have to be a kid to participate in the Pokemon League.

I personally want the guy to be Ash's main rival because he's got a Mega Blaziken which already looks incredibly powerful and I want him and Ash to have a dynamic where he's always telling Ash that he'll never win if he doesn't perfect the bond between him and his Pokemon, which is needed to even use Mega Evolution. Sure Ash has a pretty strong bond with his Pokemon as is, but Froakie has already shown some disloyalty by not listening to Ash and the Lucario that Ash might get from Korrina could also have problems correctly battling alongside Ash. As much as I would love a Mega Charizard VS Mega Blaziken rematch, I'd be perfectly fine with Ash and his M-Lucario facing off against Masked Blaziken and his M-Blaziken.

This episode could open up their rivalry and hopefully they have a battle here or later on in the saga. I'm just really looking forward to this guy and I'm hoping the writers don't waste the potential he has.

According to Bulbapedia it looks like TR captured Sycamore, Bonnie, and Serena, took the research and data Sycamore collected on Mega Evolution with his Garchomp or whatever, and used that data to power up a mechanical Meowth that is as strong as a Mega Pokemon.

7. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

To quote Kojiro in that preview of this episode that was shown during the XY1&2 1-hour special, "Another evolution beyond Mega Evolution: Mega Mega Evolution".

And this is Mega Mega Nyarth:
    [image=]http://i39.*******.com/ftn7va.jpg[/image]

8. KKS-Lapras

KKS-Lapras Well-Known Member

Didn't Chikorita leave her former trainer similar to Snivy? I thought that Chikorita was stubborn, and would battle any Pokemon to prove how tough it was, having something to prove or something along those lines.

9. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Chikorita was wild as far as we know and didn't have a former trainer.

Anyway, the MegaMegaMeowth looks impressive, but it's just another mecha that is destined to fail. Thankfully, it seems confirmed that the Mega Blaziken man and/or Chespin destroys it; at least Pikachu might not be involved in that this time.

10. Actually, now that I look at this, I'm now impressed again with TR (whose goal is apparently to understand MegaEvolution through Sycamore), even though it's more than obvious they're destined to fail.

11. 1rkhachatryan

Still, they do seem to be doing fairly well in this episode.

12. Well, I don't wanna get my hopes shot to hell and driven over by a tank. But I do hope that we see awesome scenes from TR in that mecha.

Seems as if they're trying their best to make their mecha more durable if they wanna learn about MegaEvolution.

13. Shneak

Shneak this is a Nessa/Oleana stan account ✨

Blaziken Mask looks like Limone.

Lorde likes this.
  14. Could be so! Everyone at this point is thinking Limone might actually be Blaziken Mask! (Not sure if that's already been confirmed or not, since everyone's asserting that like it's true, so...Idk)

15. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

This is the first time it might happen. Them not doing wild starters this time around doesn't mean they have a problem with it. It's just simply a different writing choice this time around. Honestly at least these have a solid origin unlike wild pokemon without any backstory or the abandoned story again.

Lorde likes this.
  16. The Great Butler

The Great Butler Hush, keep it down

Is this actually supposed to be funny?

This isn't going anywhere, it's painfully obvious. Why waste the time, just to showcase Super Awesome Cool Man again?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
    Lorde likes this.
  17. 1rkhachatryan

Eh, who knows, maybe they will report back to Giovanni about Mega evolutions and they'll have some sort of mission about it.

18. ArcaneStar

ArcaneStar Village Idiot

If they do, then our favorite man in speedo will most certainly want to get in on the action. Perhaps another arc similar to the BW S2 Unova Crisis one? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a possible run in (and throw-down) with Team Flare.

19. Who knows? This "Super Awesome Cool Man" could be Clemont and Bonnie's father Limone. It should set up for an intriguing plot.

Lorde likes this.
  20. 1rkhachatryan

Speedo o_O..........???????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.