1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

December 12: XY010 - Chespin vs Mega Mega Meowth

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Blue Saturday, Nov 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I'm also pressed that a Team Rocket mecha is basically getting an episode all to itself, but at least this one seems strong. I mean if it takes a Mega Blaziken to stop it, Team Rocket must've done something right. I don't think this will lead to anything other than more mega Pokemon promo though, and some screen-time for Chespin too I guess.

2. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

I'm not really watching this episode for Team Rocket or their mecha at all, I'm not interested in either. I just want some foreshadowing of Blaziken Mask being Limone, some Chespin focus, Mega Blaziken focus and Clemont focus and I'll be content. I actually wish TR weren't here at all, as much as I'd love some Best Wishes! Rockets taking this information to Giovanni and having a smack down with Team Flare it's just wishful thinking at this point.

3. Eievui-Nymphia

Eievui-Nymphia XY, gen of dreams.

4. The Great Butler

The Great Butler Hush, keep it down

I didn't realize that image with the Ampharos was showing Limone right away, but I have to agree that he is Blaziken Mask. This is the first thing XY has done that's actually gotten me interested, but it's a shame it's being wasted on something as stupid as a generic Team Rocket robot plot.

5. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

"As the Rocket Gang goes after Professor Platane and the data on Mega Evolution, Eureka and Serena end up abducted as well!"

Nothing new.

6. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

Wait, Serena and Eureka end up getting kidnapped? Why don't they just make use of their Dedenne and Fokko to escape? Hopefully Eureka does something with her Dedenne here.

7. Platinum fan.

Platinum fan. RetiredPokemonMaster

Oh no Bonnie and Serena are taken by Team Rocket! Hopefully a big, strong, man can save the damsels in distress -_-

I guess it's to much to hope they escape themselves, but if there is to be a hero here, hopefully it can be Clemont and Chespin. I'd actually love for Clemont to build a mecha Chespin to battle that mecha Meowth thing. Is that suppose to be Mega Mega Meowth? It does look cool at least. I hope Clemont and TR have a battle of the bots, Robot Combat League style XD

8. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

9. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Oh come now pokemon, you're implementing the damsel in distress trope too?? Boo I say!!

Not like Bonnie has a Dedenne in her bag or anything -_-...

10. OnceUponATime

OnceUponATime Wicked

Oh yeah, 'cause Dedenne can Thundershock them to death... :rolleyes: Kidding aside, Dedenne and Fennekin don't seem to be all that strong at the moment- due to reasons as they were just caught and it's the beginning og the saga; they have room to grow. Plus, it's plot device for Blaziken Mask, so I don't see the fuss in it. I say let it be.

11. Cresselia92

Cresselia92 SM Ash = New Ash

Or they may have been incapacited. Inkay's eventual Hypnosis anyone?

12. Lorde

Lorde Banned

It is kind of irksome that they're already playing the roles of damsels in distress and we're only ten episodes into the saga. Sigh. Obviously the Mega Blaziken man and Clemont show up to rescue them, and I suppose the former's identity will be revealed here as well. I'll be so disappointed if he really is Limone, but that's the way things are headed imo.

13. Nightstar1994

Nightstar1994 Well-Known Member

Who is Limone? @_@
    Clemont's father?

14. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

15. Wait a minute, is everyone actually dissatisfied with the fact that we're seeing the damsel-in-distress scenario so early, or are you guys just being sarcastic?

The episode has yet to air, so who knows? Maybe Serena and Bonnie can save themselves without any help! I don't know, I just think that, so far, saying that this will be a damsel-in-distress scenario is as much of a guess as any other guess regarding the episode.

I'm still looking forward to this!

16. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Citrus
    Lemon

Is the mother's name gonna be a play off orange or lime?

17. ArcaneStar

ArcaneStar Village Idiot

Wait, wait, I know things take a while to register in my head but is this a DBZ reference? Don't tell me Gen 7 will introduce Ultra Evolution followed by Exalted Evolution in Gen 8. People were first getting a digimon vibe from the concept of a MEvo but I guess SSJ does have that appeal. (please note that the previous statements simply radiate sarcasm)

On the other hand, I'm guessing Ash won't spotlight this episode but hey Clemont better soak up all the hero moments he can this early in the game before Ash's hero gears start turning. Sadly it will most likely be the guy in the "chicken suit" who gets the glory. The writers are likely building his "threat level" for future pokemon battles

18. AceDetective

AceDetective Banned

Neither.

If the mother is ever introduced I'm betting her name will link with bonnies (eureka) somehow

19. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Mom's name is Archimedes.

Make it happen writers :D

20. Cresselia92

Cresselia92 SM Ash = New Ash

Gosh, now I wish Clemont's father name was Archimedes! :p

Anyway, we'll probably discover Mega Blaziken's identity? Eh, I would have liked if it was later. I don't like when the secrets are unveiled so soon. But hey, more Mega Blaziken and Chespin. That's good, I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.