• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 12: XY010 - Chespin vs Mega Mega Meowth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Clemont to get a lot of screen-time as well. I mean so far he's invented stuff that backfires, and this could be the moment when he does something important by saving Serena, Bonnie, and Professor Sycamore. However, I get this strange feeling that the Blaziken Mask/Limone might overshadow Clemont and Chespin.

Then how will Clemont and Chespin fit into all of this?

Maybe their rescue attempt fails miserably? If so, I hope to see one of those epic-fail scenes. I'd bust my gut laughing so hard!

ArcaneStar

Village Idiot
I want Clemont to get a lot of screen-time as well. I mean so far he's invented stuff that backfires, and this could be the moment when he does something important by saving Serena, Bonnie, and Professor Sycamore. However, I get this strange feeling that the Blaziken Mask/Limone might overshadow Clemont and Chespin.

He very likely will. Mega Blaziken promotion or any new pokemon for that matter, always comes at the expense of a character. Clemont's already established himself as a gag character so it may not be too much of a stretch for the writers. That is not to degrade Clemont of course as he did have a good moment in the Ryhorn episode and will likely be quite formidable as a gym leader.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
What in the name of Dunsparce made you think a base evolution would Mega Evolve twice?

Well I think some pokemon as iconic enough to deserve a mega form without evolving lol. Pikachu being one, and maybe Meowth(they can make it actually battle capable).

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Then how will Clemont and Chespin fit into all of this?

Maybe their rescue attempt fails miserably? If so, I hope to see one of those epic-fail scenes. I'd bust my gut laughing so hard!

It's just a theory given that it's likely the Blaziken Mask guy and Mega Blaziken will get a lot of attention here. I personally don't want Clemont and Chespin to fail given that this is likely their first time battling as a team, but I think promoting Mega Blaziken comes first on the writers' list of priorities and Clemont and Chespin might be the "fall guys."

Soniman

Break the Limit
I just want to say the damsel thing makes no sense when we clearly saw her take charge with Fennekin to save Pikachu and stave off Team Rocket by herself while Ash was tied up (oh hey look Ash is the damsel now right?) in the recent episode..

A-anyone? Am I wrong here?

Janovy

Banned
I just want to say the damsel thing makes no sense when we clearly saw her take charge with Fennekin to save Pikachu and stave off Team Rocket by herself while Ash was tied up (oh hey look Ash is the damsel now right?) in the recent episode..

You're completely right. See, the thing is, there are certain people who see a girl and think she's capable of doing nothing because she's a girl. Those same people seem to be thinking Serena will be a damsel in distress, because, well, she wears a skirt.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

It's possible Inkay might of just been too strong for Fenniken, after all Fenniken only battle TR not their pokemon. Bonnie was probably too scared to use Dedenne as I believe we saw a scene with her cowering and holding onto Serena.

dman_dustin

Look at how Ash was "caught" in the Rhyhorn racing episode, all tied up. Or imagine them being caught up in a small cage or whatever in some mecha of theirs.

People there are many, many situations to explain why Bonnie and Serena got captured.

It is honestly not that hard to believe that they've been captured. Come on, we've seen plenty of times where even when the trainers had stronger Pokemon options they still ended up being captured. For example the Evil Togepi episode in DP.

Why is everyone acting like Serena and Bonnie being captured is some brand new unrealistic concept?

Ash and co technically don't even have the Pokemon to break out of a cage, anyway. At least easily.

Look at how Ash was "caught" in the Rhyhorn racing episode, all tied up. Or imagine them being caught up in a small cage or whatever in some mecha of theirs.

People there are many, many situations to explain why Bonnie and Serena got captured.

It is honestly not that hard to believe that they've been captured. Come on, we've seen plenty of times where even when the trainers had stronger Pokemon options they still ended up being captured. For example the Evil Togepi episode in DP.

Why is everyone acting like Serena and Bonnie being captured is some brand new unrealistic concept?

Ash and co technically don't even have the Pokemon to break out of a cage, anyway. At least easily.

I think it all had to do with the chaos of some people thinking Serena and Bonnie are stereotypes and therefore should be blasted for that.

Anyway, that's a great argument you've got there. Pikachu keeps getting captured despite its ability to own, and it has quite a hard time at first!

dman_dustin

I think it all had to do with the chaos of some people thinking Serena and Bonnie are stereotypes and therefore should be blasted for that.

Anyway, that's a great argument you've got there. Pikachu keeps getting captured despite its ability to own, and it has quite a hard time at first!

Yes, but likely the only reason why Bonnie and Serena end up getting captured, is probably....for plot purposes and in universe reason, probably because it was in their best interests, as in they were closest to the Mecha at the time or however they are captured, while they'd have to go out of their way to capture Clemont and Ash.

OR, Bonnie hears a noise, runs off, and Serena runs off with her to keep her safe, and Ash and Clemont just don't arrive in time, before the mecha drives away with Bonnie and Serena.

So there likely is a reason why Serena and Bonnie get singled out, and I highly doubt its girls. Besides, technically it really is quite idiotic for a villain to kidnap a girl that means something to the hero, outside of baiting the hero to beat the villlain, however in the case of Team Rocket, it wouldn't make any sense to single out girls or little girls outside of it being advantageous to them, such as it was easier to catch them, than Ash and Clemont.

Yes, but likely the only reason why Bonnie and Serena end up getting captured, is probably....for plot purposes and in universe reason, probably because it was in their best interests, as in they were closest to the Mecha at the time or however they are captured, while they'd have to go out of their way to capture Clemont and Ash.

OR, Bonnie hears a noise, runs off, and Serena runs off with her to keep her safe, and Ash and Clemont just don't arrive in time, before the mecha drives away with Bonnie and Serena.

So there likely is a reason why Serena and Bonnie get singled out, and I highly doubt its girls. Besides, technically it really is quite idiotic for a villain to kidnap a girl that means something to the hero, outside of baiting the hero to beat the villlain, however in the case of Team Rocket, it wouldn't make any sense to single out girls or little girls outside of it being advantageous to them, such as it was easier to catch them, than Ash and Clemont.

Either way, I have a feeling people are gonna still be blasting Serena and Bonnie for filling the "damsel in distress" role and continue calling them stereotypes. Which would be ridiculous, since Ash and Clemont have likely chances of also getting caught by TR; they just somehow weren't there at the time to get captured, obviously.

Lorde

I don't see what difference that makes. I mean if Serena was able to help herself in a previous episode, I don't see why she can't here. I just think it's unfair that she and Bonnie have to wait around to be rescued by either Clemont or the Blaziken Mask guy. Mostly I'm annoyed by how cliche this episode seems to be in general, and the damsel in distress thing only adds to that.

Soniman

Break the Limit
So she should just never get captured ever then? Despite that kind of thing happening to every main protagonist character in this show at some point or another?

That doesn't sound the least bit unfair/contrived to you?

Im sorry that makes absolutely zero sense to me.

LizardonX

Banned
I don't see what difference that makes. I mean if Serena was able to help herself in a previous episode, I don't see why she can't here. I just think it's unfair that she and Bonnie have to wait around to be rescued by either Clemont or the Blaziken Mask guy. Mostly I'm annoyed by how cliche this episode seems to be in general, and the damsel in distress thing only adds to that.

The difference is that in the last episode Ash was captured. And before someone attacks me for sexism serena's crush is canon and having a loved one in danger almost always gives a character a quick ability boost. But it seems like Ash isn't in danger so Serena loses her newfound courage.

Lorde

So she should just never get captured ever then? Despite that kind of thing happening to every main protagonist character in this show at some point or another?

That doesn't sound the least bit unfair/contrived to you?

Im sorry that makes absolutely zero sense to me.

I don't want Serena to be placed in constant danger or in situations where she has to be saved by other characters. I feel that Serena has already shown the ability to help herself in the most recent episode and I don't want her to become helpless all of a sudden; I don't like inconsistent character traits.

Soniman

Break the Limit
But her getting captured by Team Rocket is an outside influence, that isn't really related to her character. She'll probably be surprised captured like how it usually goes.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Quick question, but is there a reason Fenniken could just not have been as strong as Inkay or Wobbuffet?? Cuz it is still a newbie pokemon. Also like wise, Bonnie might of been too scared to command Dedenne to do anything.

But her getting captured by Team Rocket is an outside influence, that isn't really related to her character. She'll probably be surprised captured like how it usually goes.

Yeah. That, plus the fact that it's the first time she's been captured by TR. Although I do hope she at least makes an attempt to free herself.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Yeah. That, plus the fact that it's the first time she's been captured by TR. Although I do hope she at least makes an attempt to free herself.

[img139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/3ad6eee1f04f9ceef6d3a1482c8182e2/tumblr_mwrbxdzPLG1smmou4o1_500.jpg[/img139]

I don't have a good feeling about that.

There's no excuse for getting captured by this utterly brain-dead Team Rocket, either. Sycamore is equally guilty, but at least they were actually targeting him - so what exactly does robbing Serena of what little agency she had left contribute to this? Why couldn't they all contribute to rescuing Sycamore while Blaziken Mask destroys the robot?

Janovy

Banned
[img139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/3ad6eee1f04f9ceef6d3a1482c8182e2/tumblr_mwrbxdzPLG1smmou4o1_500.jpg[/img139]

I don't have a good feeling about that.

There's no excuse for getting captured by this utterly brain-dead Team Rocket, either. Sycamore is equally guilty, but at least they were actually targeting him - so what exactly does robbing Serena of what little agency she had left contribute to this? Why couldn't they all contribute to rescuing Sycamore while Blaziken Mask destroys the robot?
They are clearly not brain-dead, I mean look at their faces, it's like they have their BW faces once more.

Also, why does it matter so much if she and Bonnie got caught? WHY? Ash got caught in the last episode and it was Serena who attacked Team Rocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.