• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 12: XY010 - Chespin vs Mega Mega Meowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Looks like nothing more than mega-evolution show off. No thanks.

TR seem to be used as fodder/catalyst as well, does feel like a weak way to give Mega Evolution some focus.

1) I'm not fluent in any language

2) it's annoying when like 5-6 of you that live on SppF jump and start speculating on episode titles and summaries valing yourselves with Google Translate, 90% of the time terribly misguided, when if you had a semblance of patience and waited for Dephender, you could avoid foolish statements.

3) slydigs aren't your forte.

4) take your buffoonery to VM please
1.Okay.
2.Shows how much you know since I had a Japanese fluent member translate the summaries and titles for me, drop your elitism, I know not to use any form of machine translations, especially not Google Translate.
3.What?
4.You think I care?

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Looks like nothing more than mega-evolution show off. No thanks.

Could be used as a set up for a few future episodes. I doubt they'd foreshadow JUST this one episode

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I guess this is the replacement for Korrina's appearance before the second gym? Where maybe the Tower of Mastery is hinted at?

dman_dustin

So wull the trio's starters all come form Sycamore then?

Where is this speculation coming from?

I mean it is plausible they are in Lumiose City, but I'm pretty sure the Chespin isn't in the lab, unless I missed something (probably did).

I'm just wondering why the focus went to Clemont with Chespin rather than Ash, what I mean is, what's in episode excuse for Clemont to having Chespin, because I can't see any interest outside of fake interest for why Clemont gets Chespin.

I guess maybe Chespin bonds with Clemont and saves his life or something.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Where is this speculation coming from?

I mean it is plausible they are in Lumiose City, but I'm pretty sure the Chespin isn't in the lab, unless I missed something (probably did).

I'm just wondering why the focus went to Clemont with Chespin rather than Ash, what I mean is, what's in episode excuse for Clemont to having Chespin, because I can't see any interest outside of fake interest for why Clemont gets Chespin.

I guess maybe Chespin bonds with Clemont and saves his life or something.

Or maybe "Big brother keep this for me!"

ArcaneStar

Village Idiot
I guess this is the replacement for Korrina's appearance before the second gym? Where maybe the Tower of Mastery is hinted at?

Heck for all we know at this point it might just be Korrina crossdressing so she can spam her mega ring 24/7 without grandad's notice.

I'm assuming this guy will have a long term importance in the anime but it does beg the question if there will be any other mega trainers spread throughout the region as opposed to the games where it's pretty much you, Korrina, Diantha, Lysandre, and your rival just awkwardly chilling at a shawarma joint.

LizardonX

Banned
Aww man why is blaziken jobbing chespin's glory? Arceus only knows how little chances chespin will get to shine as one of clemonts pokemon, and this is why he should have gone to ash. If ash had him it wouldn't matter if blaziken steps in since chespin would still be used, but clemont won't use him anywhere near as much and it just ruins one of the few opportunities chespin has to really prove itself.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Aww man why is blaziken jobbing chespin's glory? Arceus only knows how little chances chespin will get to shine as one of clemonts pokemon, and this is why he should have gone to ash. If ash had him it wouldn't matter if blaziken steps in since chespin would still be used, but clemont won't use him anywhere near as much and it just ruins one of the few opportunities chespin has to really prove itself.

Just because Chespin is going to Clemont doesn't spell doom for its future, it's ridiculous to think so especially so early on. It could easily have a more than fulfilling amount of screen time and growth under Clemont's care.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I agree that it seems likely that Chespin will be overshadowed in this episode given that the "Blaziken Mask" guy is showing up and there will be lots of hype surrounding his appearance, but even if Chespin belonged to Ash instead of Clemont, it probably wouldn't make much of a difference. It just seems like people are finding any excuse to criticize the writers' decision regarding Chespin's owner and it's silly at this point imo.

dman_dustin

I agree that it seems likely that Chespin will be overshadowed in this episode given that the "Blaziken Mask" guy is showing up and there will be lots of hype surrounding his appearance, but even if Chespin belonged to Ash instead of Clemont, it probably wouldn't make much of a difference. It just seems like people are finding any excuse to criticize the writers' decision regarding Chespin's owner and it's silly at this point imo.

I wasn't criticizing. I really don't care who gets Chespin.

I was just wondering what the in episode reason would be for Chespin to go to Clemont, because I can't imagine Ash being in the background twiddling his thumbs and whistling.

I get the writers do this, make a Pokemon capture centered around its particular trainer, I just find it odd that's all, that Clemont would get involved here with Chespin, rather than Ash.

I always found episodes like these to possibly be out of character, but this from a first look perspective, I'm sure it will make sense in the actual episode.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Looks good, and i have a feeling team rocket will go overboard on the mega evolutions in this saga, making everything almost mega :p

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So looks like this is when that scene with Chespin using Pin Missile on a TR mecha is from.

Edit: Bulbapedia has this to say about this episode:

"Blaziken Mask: A mysterious masked man keeping the peace of Lumiose City. What is his real identity...?!
The Team Rocket robot MegaMegaMega Mega Meowth rampages! When Ash and friends can't seem to do anything against it's considerable strength, Mega Blaziken appears!! Does Mega Evolution truly hold the key to the battle?!
Team Rocket's goal is Professor Sycamore, who is studying Mega Evolution!!
Professor Sycamore was caught!!
Since he knows a lot about it, Team Rocket attempt to have Prof. Sycamore the secrets of Mega Evolution! They intend to obtain its fearsome power and use it for evil!!
MegaMegaMega Mega Meowth is complete!!
With the stolen research data, MegaMegaMega Mega Meowth is completed!! Will it spell big trouble for not only Ash and friends, but the entire Kalos region too?!
Wherever there's trouble in Lumiose City, they will always appear! Mega Blaziken and Blaziken Mask! Are they the only pair that can stop Team Rocket?!
Mega Blaziken and Blaziken Mask save Ash?!
Ash: 'We're not giving up either!! '
MegaMegaMega Mega Meowth details: 'It has a cord coming out of its backside, which leads to Team Rocket's base.' 'Is this its weakness?!'; It has very powerful arms, with strong claws; Electric-type moves bounce off it; and Meowth is in it, controlling it. '"

Last edited:

k6666

Pikachu Fan
i just see that clemont dad ( if Him ( the brown beard man) stand next clemont is his dad) is the M blaziken user cause u see they got same beard
and now i can see chespin become next Piplup/Oshawott just look how they show chespin again in the next epsiode with pancham and pangoro ( i think chespin steal their food)
well i think i will watch it it look good but not interesting

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
can't wait to see Chespin debut. he seems quite interesting. :)

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
1) I'm not fluent in any language

2) it's annoying when like 5-6 of you that live on SppF jump and start speculating on episode titles and summaries valing yourselves with Google Translate, 90% of the time terribly misguided, when if you had a semblance of patience and waited for Dephender, you could avoid foolish statements.

3) slydigs aren't your forte.

4) take your buffoonery to VM please

Regarding this, since there seems to be some confusion about what is and isn't ok.

Making threads about new information is fine.
Posting information in Japanese so other people can translate it is fine.
Posting translated information originating from trustworthy translators is fine. This can be yourself, of course.
Posting what you do understand of the info and leaving the stuff you didn't understand to others is fine.
What's not fine is taking information you don't understand, running it through Google Translate, etc and posting your "best interpretation" of it. That's what leads to misinformation.

Did that clear things up?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.