• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 12: XY010 - Chespin vs Mega Mega Meowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

diakyu

So uh, seems pretty obvious the masked man is Clemont's father.

Everlasting

Everything stays.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Actually, Blaziken Guy's beard is just a tad longer than Limone's. For whatever that's worth.

diakyu

Actually, Blaziken Guy's beard is just a tad longer than Limone's. For whatever that's worth.
Besides that they look identical. Plus Blaziken dude protects Lumiose and guess where Limone lives.

Graham Aker

Looks to be a fun episode. I wonder if Clemont knows his dad is the Blaziken guy. I'm guessing the Blaziken guy might do most of the work, but Chespin will get a nice little role here and obviously get captured.

diakyu

Looks to be a fun episode. I wonder if Clemont knows his dad is the Blaziken guy. I'm guessing the Blaziken guy might do most of the work, but Chespin will get a nice little role here and obviously get captured.
I'm guessing Chespin comes and helps save Bonnie, Serena, and Sycamore (or maybe gets kidnapped along with Sycamore). Might even fight some of the robot but Mega Blaziken will deal the final blow.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I guess I was wrong.

Chespin probably is from Sycamore's lab. I would've liked one unique starter this generation but oh well.

I guess the writers have a problem with wild starter Pokemon. Wonder why they suddenly have a problem with it.

Not doing it doesn't mean that they have a problem with it. Anyway with the numerous trips to Lumiose City ingame, then it wouldn't be too strange to also have multiple visits to Lumiose City.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I guess I was wrong.

Chespin probably is from Sycamore's lab. I would've liked one unique starter this generation but oh well.

I guess the writers have a problem with wild starter Pokemon. Wonder why they suddenly have a problem with it.

A problem with it? Hardly, they're just doing something different like always..

Kanto - Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle were all supposedly abandoned
Johto - Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile were all wild
Hoenn - Treecko and Mudkip were wild, Torchic was a starter
Sinnoh - Piplup was a starter, Chimchar was released and Turtwig was wild
Unova - Oshawott was a starter, Tepig was abandoned and Snivy ditched her trainer
Kalos - Froakie and Fennekin are starters, while Chespin's origin remains to be seen

I don't see how you even possibly think they have a problem with anything..

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Guessing this is where Chespin joins.
I'm more interested in Mega Blaziken though.

dman_dustin

A problem with it? Hardly, they're just doing something different like always..

Kanto - All were abandoned
Johto - All were wild
Hoenn - Two were wild, one was a starter
Sinnoh - One was a starter, one was released and one was wild
Unova - One was a starter, one was abandoned, one left its trainer of its own accord
Kalos - Two are starters, possibly three depending on Chespin's origin

I don't see how you even possibly think they have a problem with anything..

Did you not read my post.

I said "Suddenly have a problem with it"

It clearly wasn't a problem way back then, but maybe people complained too much, and they had to change their stance on wild starter Pokemon.

Nothing is initially a problem until people start complaining about it.

I just would've liked one unique starter Pokemon, but no they all seem to be from Sycamore's lab, I can't see why anyone would be okay with that, might as well, just have the traveling companions next generation with Ash just get their starter Pokemon from the region's professor, since they can't seem to bother with unique backstories now outside of abandoned from trainers (or they abandoned their trainers) and lab Pokemon.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash

It clearly wasn't a problem way back then, but maybe people complained too much, and they had to change their stance on wild starter Pokemon.

I just would've liked one unique starter Pokemon, but no they all seem to be from Sycamore's lab, I can't see why anyone would be okay with that, might as well, just have the traveling companions next generation with Ash just get their starter Pokemon from the region's professor, since they can't seem to bother with unique backstories now outside of abandoned from trainers (or they abandoned their trainers) and lab Pokemon.

They don't need fleshed out backstories to be unique Pokémon. They can develop a unique story while staying on the team. And besides, doesn't Froakie already have a background (albeit the abandon story is a bit overused)?

Anyway, finally we'll see Chespin. Hopefully it will have an interesting personality.

ShinyCharyZard

Yes I read it, which is why I'm making the point that just because they've decided on making them all starters in one single region, doesn't mean they have a problem with wild ones. It just means they tried something different regarding the starter Pokemon origins, like they always do. It's never the same and probably never will be..

dman_dustin

Okay seriously whoever negative repped me, I know what I said, and I know what I meant.

I was the one who posted it. Everyone else can misinterpret it, judging by ShinyCharyzard's post he misinterpreted what I said. And that was only one of them. Mudkip, I don't know, I don't remember if it was a straight up wild Mudkip that just magically happened to stumble upon a Starter Pokemon breeding farm, but meh.

I DID NOT freaking say that the writers had a problem with wild starter Pokemon.

WHAT I DID SAY or Imply: Was that now, as of generation 5, the writers have a problem with straight up wild Pokemon with no sob stories attached to them.

Totodile, Chikorita, and Cyndaquil were straight up wild Pokemon with no mysterious sob story abandoned issues or lab Pokemon.

I have no idea why this is so hard to understand, I did not say nor did I imply that the writers ALWAYS had a problem with straight up wild Pokemon because we all know by ShinyCharyZard's post that isn't true. So I have no idea why people would misinterpret my post like that.

Did I also not just say in the negative repped posts, that things can change. I mean really only one person complained about Jynx's original design, and made it an issue, when initially was a non-issue, but now Jynx is purple.

I mean seriously people this is simply a misinterpretation of what I said.

Again I never said the writers ALWAYS had a problem with straight up wild starter Pokemon. So I have no idea why ShinyCharyZard's post was justified, given that for the past two generations (as in this one and in 5th gen) we have yet to have a straight up wild Pokemon.

Sure Chespin isn't confirmed, but then again Sycamore is in the episode, so.....

Yes I read it, which is why I'm making the point that just because they've decided on making them all starters in one single region, doesn't mean they have a problem with wild ones. It just means they tried something different regarding the starter Pokemon origins, like they always do. It's never the same and probably never will be..

There is nothing unique or different about all starter Pokemon being from the lab or abandoned. Or a combination of both.

We have not had a straight up wild starter Pokemon capture since maybe Turtwig, and even then we can't say for sure, Treecko however is likely.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Dman, Chespin hasn't been mentioned at all yet so we have no idea how he appears. Just cuz Sycamore is in this episode, doesn't automatically make him a lab pokemon.

ShinyCharyZard

Okay seriously whoever negative repped me, I know what I said, and I know what I meant.

I was the one who posted it. Everyone else can misinterpret it, judging by ShinyCharyzard's post he misinterpreted what I said. And that was only one of them. Mudkip, I don't know, I don't remember if it was a straight up wild Mudkip that just magically happened to stumble upon a Starter Pokemon breeding farm, but meh.

I DID NOT freaking say that the writers had a problem with wild starter Pokemon.

WHAT I DID SAY or Imply: Was that now, as of generation 5, the writers have a problem with straight up wild Pokemon with no sob stories attached to them.

Totodile, Chikorita, and Cyndaquil were straight up wild Pokemon with no mysterious sob story abandoned issues or lab Pokemon.

I have no idea why this is so hard to understand, I did not say nor did I imply that the writers ALWAYS had a problem with straight up wild Pokemon because we all know by ShinyCharyZard's post that isn't true. So I have no idea why people would misinterpret my post like that.

Did I also not just say in the negative repped posts, that things can change. I mean really only one person complained about Jynx's original design, and made it an issue, when initially was a non-issue, but now Jynx is purple.

I mean seriously people this is simply a misinterpretation of what I said.

Again I never said the writers ALWAYS had a problem with straight up wild starter Pokemon. So I have no idea why ShinyCharyZard's post was justified, given that for the past two generations (as in this one and in 5th gen) we have yet to have a straight up wild Pokemon.

Sure Chespin isn't confirmed, but then again Sycamore is in the episode, so.....

There is nothing unique or different about all starter Pokemon being from the lab or abandoned. Or a combination of both.

We have not had a straight up wild starter Pokemon capture since maybe Turtwig, and even then we can't say for sure, Treecko however is likely.

Honestly I have no idea who the negative rep was from or why it would've been used in this instance, I'm personally against the system in its entirety and only tend to use it for people who are claiming to translate things when their Japanese skills are obviously non existent, so..

But I dunno, sure it's nice to see a proper wild starter occasionally, but as of now I'm not fussed either way. Maybe next region they will do it, but I'm happy with them all being starters this one time..

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
But I dunno, sure it's nice to see a proper wild starter occasionally, but as of now I'm not fussed either way. Maybe next region they will do it, but I'm happy with them all being starters this one time..

I don't have an issue with that either. At least we can see how they will grow up by starting from more or less the same level, instead of having a starter who has an advantage experience-wise.

Arceusgamer14

This might be the first saga to have all starters from the professor
let's recap
Kanto
Bulbasaur: Found in the Hidden Village was raising sick and abandoned Pokémon caught by Ash.
Charmander: Abandoned by Damion and was rescued by Ash and adopted by him as well.
Squirtle:Was causing havoc and was threatening to kill Misty they kidnapped along with Ash & Brock (I know, Purple Hair said 4kids) but Ash saved it from being bombed by Team Rocket and joined him.
None of the Kanto starters were from Oak's except Pikachu if you count it as a starter from Yellow or May's Squirtle that May adopted later in the Kanto BF

Johto
Chikorita:: Found in the wild and she wanted to battle Ash and was pursued by Team Rocket to join them but Ash saved her and she joined Ash
Cyndaquil: Found in a Cave by Ash in a area populated by Cyndaquils Ash & Koji competed for that Cyndaquil and Ash won and got the Cyndaquil. (The only Fire starter Ash caught that was not abandoned by a mean trainer)
Totodile: Found in the wild like the other Johto Starters Ash caught, Ash & Misty battle each other to catch that thing with Ash being the winner.
None of the starters were from Elm not counting the Legend of Thunder Heroes, in fact all of them were from the Wild and none of them had a trainer before Ash. This makes the only starter trio owned by the hero(es) to all be caught in the wild

Hoenn
Treecko: Found in wild was trying to save a giant tree from dying only to fail to save (But not in vain as the tree gave a new seed for the Treeckos to plant) and was caught by Ash. (The first saga for Ash to only have one starter Pokémon)
Torchic: Was chosen by May from Birch's lab as her starter Pokémon. (The first Starter Pokémon to be given from the professor)
Mudkip: Was found in Mudkip breeding center protecting the cute baby Mudkipz, and joined Brock to go on the journey with the heroes
Only one Hoenn Starter that was from the region's professor was given to the heroes while the other two were from the wild

Sinnoh
Turtwig: Was living in the wild near Clara's House and helped Pikachu out that was stolen by Team Rocket, Ash caught it.
Chimchar: Formally Paul's after much failure it endured, Paul had enough of it's failing and was abandoned by Paul for being a worthless Pokémon, Ash invited it to join him after Paul did a horrible thing to it. (It wasn't from the professor by the way Paul found it being chased by Zangoose and used Flame wheel to chase them off which Paul found amusing to add it to his team)
Piplup: Was from Rowan, Dawn choose him because the bond they had while she was trying to get the Pokémon that ran away back to the lab.
Only Piplup was from Rowan while the others were from the wild with one used to be caught by Paul but got kicked out.

Unova
Snivy: She used to have a trainer but abandoned it and found Ash & Co about to have cakes and Ash went all through the trouble (Due to her Attract move) trying to catch it and ended in success.
Tepig: Was abandoned by Shamus and was left in the Battle Club struggling, Ash found it and adopt it.
Oshawott: Was from Juniper, he was following Ash and helped him out with Team Rocket and Ash decided to bring him with him on his journey with Ash requesting Juniper for his Pokéball so he could bring him on his journey.
Only Oshawott was from Professor Juniper while the others were abandoned by their Trainers

So Kalos might will be the first saga where all of the starters the Main character owns are from the Professor.
Chespin will likely be from Sycamore trying to rescue him & Serena & Bonnie from Team Rocket and will belong to Clamont
We now know that Fennekin was choosen by Serena from Sycamore and Froakie joined Ash after going back to Sycamore for being disobedient towards it's formal trainers so many times.

We'll just have to wait until this episode airs to see if this will be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.