• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 12: XY010 - Chespin vs Mega Mega Meowth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or they could end up in a mysterious pond where an old greninja turns him off the idea of evolving for good. Froakie does get hydro pump early as a consolation prize.

And I say chespin needs the honors of blasting off team rocket. Blaziken can get rid of the robot, but chespin needs all the wins he can get while he's still relevant.

I can't imagine how Chespin would be solely responsible for TR's blastoff. Is it seriously that important to you?

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I can't imagine how Chespin would be solely responsible for TR's blastoff. Is it seriously that important to you?
What I think he's getting at is Chespin is not gonna be battling often, as Clemont hasn't really battled much at all up to this point.

What I think he's getting at is Chespin is not gonna be battling often, as Clemont hasn't really battled much at all up to this point.

Well, the way he says it, it seems like he wants Chespin to be this over-the-top powerhouse that'll nuke TR during their blastoff. That's not gonna be good for it if it's gonna be with Clemont. If it won't battle much, then I think the fans shouldn't be even more upset that this powerhouse is with someone who doesn't battle often.

LizardonX

Banned
Well, the way he says it, it seems like he wants Chespin to be this over-the-top powerhouse that'll nuke TR during their blastoff. That's not gonna be good for it if it's gonna be with Clemont. If it won't battle much, then I think the fans shouldn't be even more upset that this powerhouse is with someone who doesn't battle often.

So you want it to be weak and pathetic because chespin got the short end of the stick with his owner.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I agree. I'm so done with the Chespin drama; there's so much more going on in this episode anyway; I'm looking forward to seeing Limone arrive with the Mega Blaziken more now because of how much exposure the Chespin thing has gotten. I just can't be bothered to care about that anymore and I'm way more interested in the other stuff; I might even say that I want to see how Serena and Bonnie will cope while they're hostages because at least that hasn't led to tedious debates.

Joltik-Kid

Just to make this clear, I don't hate Chespin with Clemont...

So you want it to be weak and pathetic because chespin got the short end of the stick with his owner.
I think common ground like Pansage would be nice (of coarse it won't be Pansage, that's Bunnelby) not too strong, but not weak at all. Competent I guess

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
So not showing up ever again is a fate better then at least getting screentime on Oak's ranch... gosh, what's gonna happen if Ash never recalls Froakie/Frogdiar/Greninja? Are we gonna say Ash should have never captured him either or are we gonna say at least he evolved (if he does)?
I guess Serena should give her Fennekin to Ash too and Clemont his Bunnelby so we'll actually get the chance to see them get a small amount of screen time again? I really, really, really don't care. It's Clemont's Pokemon, under his care, I want to see its growth throughout XY. Any future returns are just a bonus. Let Clemont have Chespin and don't try to demonize his owning it and shilling it as if it would be the perfect thing ever under Ash. It hasn't done anything, we haven't seen much of it at all, we have no idea if it will evolve, won't evolve, how strong it'll be or whatever. We have no idea how much battling Clemont will do throughout XY so the Pokemon fate is up in the air just like every other Pokemon on the main cast's is.

Would you rather have it be a powerhouse that's stuck with someone that doesn't battle too often, or would you rather have it be a regular Pokemon that's stuck with someone that doesn't battle too often?

LizardonX

Banned
Would you rather have it be a powerhouse that's stuck with someone that doesn't battle too often, or would you rather have it be a regular Pokemon that's stuck with someone that doesn't battle too often?

I want it to be a powerhouse stuck with someone who battles often. Short of that i would sooner have it be the new dragonite than the new mijumaru.

Joltik-Kid

I guess Serena should give her Fennekin to Ash too and Clemont his Bunnelby so we'll actually get the chance to see them get a small amount of screen time again? I really, really, really don't care. It's Clemont's Pokemon, under his care, I want to see its growth throughout XY. Any future returns are just a bonus. Let Clemont have Chespin and don't try to demonize his owning it and shilling it as if it would be the perfect thing ever under Ash. It hasn't done anything, we haven't seen much of it at all, we have no idea if it will evolve, won't evolve, how strong it'll be or whatever. We have no idea how much battling Clemont will do throughout XY so the Pokemon fate is up in the air just like every other Pokemon on the main cast's is.
You know, sometimes you take things too seriously that you miss the little things :)

Pretty obvious why Chespin's role is diminished and I can't believe I have to explain. The clear cut reason is Chespin only gets to live for as long as X & Y goes on, after that, it's lost in the blackhole where Ash's old friends are. If it was under Ash's possession, it'd at least have the chance to appear again later down the line when Ash can recall it for battle. And then there the whole thing the Clemont will not battle much outside of the TR of the day thing, maybe train a bit with Ash, but it seems he likes to help Ash out more with his inventions more then actual battle, so theres another role of dimishment. Ash (and the lack of Kalos Pokemon)at least would use him frequently if not in battles, on screen appearances.

Just wanted to prove you didn't read my post clearly when you responded to this post earlier. I never said Chespin (whatever stage) was automatically gonna show up when Ash battles in the future.

On that note though, I do support Clemont and Chespin...I wish them the best during their runs on the show :)

Yup, I'm clearly bashing Chespin when clearly stating I support Clemont + Chespin.... This is why this rep system is such a flaw XD

Just to make this clear, I don't hate Chespin with Clemont...

Doryuzu, all I'm saying is it's easier to project battling with Ash then it is with Clemont. The only guaranteed battle he's gonna have is vs Ash sometime down the road, seeing as he's the 5th gym leader (unless there's an outside chance he actually has his robot battle Ash). That's why Chespin's role feels diminished, I don't want Mudkip 2.0

Joltik-Kid

It might be Oshawott 2.0 (or even Piplup 3.0) instead. Mudkip at least evolved.
I don't care about evolution... I care about it actually appearing and doing something not related to playing with a child. Regardless of what the once proud supporters of Oshawott think, he actually did something for Ash. Sure he lost, but he still battled. And why bring up Piplup, it was handled far better then Mudkip

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I don't care about evolution... I care about it actually appearing and doing something not related to playing with a child. Regardless of what the once proud supporters of Oshawott think, he actually did something for Ash. Sure he lost, but he still battled. And why bring up Piplup, it was handled far better then Mudkip

I was talking about the base form starter used in marketing.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
You know, sometimes you take things too seriously that you miss the little things :)

Just wanted to prove you didn't read my post clearly when you responded to this post earlier.
Practice what ya preach, nice mud-slinging Champ-in-the-making :)

Doryuzu, all I'm saying is it's easier to project battling with Ash then it is with Clemont. The only guaranteed battle he's gonna have is vs Ash sometime down the road, seeing as he's the 5th gym leader (unless there's an outside chance he actually has his robot battle Ash). That's why Chespin's role feels diminished, I don't want Mudkip 2.0
How about letting the little hedgehog get some screen time and a role on the show before deeming it Mudkip 2.0? Possibly? And as for the more guaranteed battle time under Ash, honestly, you have no idea how much Clemont will battle. If Chespin was under Ash's care, he could very well not use it much at all, it could very well be a smaller part of his team in the battle department. We don't know how much battling Clemont will do, but like I said before, you can't automatically say its chances at fighting are auto-diminished under Clemont's care. Bunnelby looks like a much stronger and competent Pokemon than Froakie, Fletchling, Fennekin or Dedenne and it's only been 9 episodes of XY. You have no idea how it will be handled. My problem with your reasoning is that you imply Chespin being under Clemont's care just totally strips the Pokemon of any huge chance or opportunity and it'll be just a relapse of another Pokemon on the main cast.

Joltik-Kid

Practice what ya preach, nice mud-slinging Champ-in-the-making :)
Please inform me what I missed or how I'm being hypocritical? Or to be 100% thorough, what exactly am I preaching?

How about letting the little hedgehog get some screen time and a role on the show before deeming it Mudkip 2.0? Possibly? And as for the more guaranteed battle time under Ash, honestly, you have no idea how much Clemont will battle. If Chespin was under Ash's care, he could very well not use it much at all, it could very well be a smaller part of his team in the battle department. We don't know how much battling Clemont will do, but like I said before, you can't automatically say its chances at fighting are auto-diminished under Clemont's care. Bunnelby looks like a much stronger and competent Pokemon than Froakie, Fletchling, Fennekin or Dedenne and it's only been 9 episodes of XY. You have no idea how it will be handled. My problem with your reasoning is that you imply Chespin being under Clemont's care just totally strips the Pokemon of any huge chance or opportunity and it'll be just a relapse of another Pokemon on the main cast.
Again, your taking something I said too seriously. Did I said Chespin is Mudkip? I said there is a chance based on projection... I hardly know the answer to whether that is true or not. If I say it more accurately, I'm speculating based on how often Clemont has battled up to this point. So far, the answer is 2 (though only one battle has been completed). To be honest, I don't get why something I'm saying is getting anyone worked up, if I'm wrong, then I'm the only one who suffers here because it makes me look stupid for saying it.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Yay, I can't wait for this episode! I can't really tell what the focus is on, though but it looks like Clemont, Chespin, Team Rocket and Blaziken Mask will play some role.

I was hoping for Ash to capture Chespin but I don't mind Clemont capturing it either, just as long as he gets a Phantump instead. :p

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Yay, I can't wait for this episode! I can't really tell what the focus is on, though but it looks like Clemont, Chespin, Team Rocket and Blaziken Mask will play some role.

I was hoping for Ash to capture Chespin but I don't mind Clemont capturing it either, just as long as he gets a Phantump instead. :p

that chespin is going to clemont :p. ok it was really confirmed on serebii for proof(CLEMONT captures a Chespin)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.