• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 15th: PM2019 005: Kabigon Grows Gigantic?! The Mystery of Daimax!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Really, the Kanto trip was more about Misty and Brock than Ash ever focusing longer than 20 seconds on his (Kanto) reserves. Had he done otherwise, it would've led to Kiawe pestering him about this Charizard I think Ash owns.
Yeah, but I don't mind them not mentioning Charizard. That Pokemon is way too overused.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
You know? A giant Snorlax could actually be catastrophical. I mean, do you remind how much food Snorlax eats before going to sleep? Ash's Snorlax ate almost 3 islands full of Grapefruits before being captured. So, a giant Snorlax? It could leave the planet without food, or at least, a whole region.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
You know? A giant Snorlax could actually be catastrophical. I mean, do you remind how much food Snorlax eats before going to sleep? Ash's Snorlax ate almost 3 islands full of Grapefruits before being captured. So, a giant Snorlax? It could leave the planet without food, or at least, a whole region.
Pokémon don't physically grow due to Dynamax

They're just projecting energy, so it can't eat, which will probably anger it and cause it to rampage

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer

They're just projecting energy, so it can't eat, which will probably anger it and cause it to rampage

Dynamax is one thing, but what about Gigamax? One of the rumors not confirmed before Centro Pokemon Leaks was taken down was about Snorlax having a Gigamax Form. If that's true, then that could be a serious trouble.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I-I know the devs are pulling our legs with what they said on that interview, but in-universe, Pokemon do grow physically.
That would make the region of Galar the single worst case of pokémon abuse in the entire franchise, because forcibly growing that large that fast would be horrifically agonizing beyond description for the pokémon

It's a miracle that Z-Moves don't reshape the landscape and now we have Giga Z-Moves?

How on earth is Galar still in one piece?

dman_dustin

I feel like that's a mistranslation or they were just making stuff up on the spot (IF NOT a mistranslation), otherwise why would these Pokemon get their own new heights (Gigantamax Meowth is now the largest Pokemon) and likely new weights (if the ????? are to go on by) if it was JUST a projection.

Not to mention its weird that they can even use brand new attacks that would even deal any damage if it was just a projection, or even that it would have an effect in regards to the battle. Plus if it was a projection, why would only work for like....what was it 3-5 turns before returning back to normal.

I mean I suppose the argument is that it's an avatar projection of sorts that has actual effects on the battle. So it wouldn't necessarily be an illusion so much as a realistic illusion kind of situation.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I feel like that's a mistranslation or they were just making stuff up on the spot (IF NOT a mistranslation), otherwise why would these Pokemon get their own new heights (Gigantamax Meowth is now the largest Pokemon) and likely new weights (if the ????? are to go on by) if it was JUST a projection.

Not to mention its weird that they can even use brand new attacks that would even deal any damage if it was just a projection, or even that it would have an effect in regards to the battle. Plus if it was a projection, why would only work for like....what was it 3-5 turns before returning back to normal.

I mean I suppose the argument is that it's an avatar projection of sorts that has actual effects on the battle. So it wouldn't necessarily be an illusion so much as a realistic illusion kind of situation.
I haven't seen any leaks regarding the truth of the projection comment or not, but if it were true, why would only certain Pokemon get the ability to Gigantimax and why wouldn't it be only limited to Galar Pokemon so they could be special?

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I haven't seen any leaks regarding the truth of the projection comment or not, but if it were true, why would only certain Pokemon get the ability to Gigantimax and why wouldn't it be only limited to Galar Pokemon so they could be special?
Same reason only certain pokemon can Mega Evolve: the artist got artist's block when they got to the good pokemon because "reasons"

Status
Not open for further replies.