• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 16th: PM2019 136 - Satoshi and Go! Setting Off Anew!!

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I would think this series is ending since they finally had Rica and Daiki sing the (last) opening as well showed the last returns in the series in the order they appeared. Even got Misty, Cilan and May out of the way. It just seems like they’re wrapping things up.

Litleonid

I would think this series is ending since they finally had Rica and Daiki sing the (last) opening as well showed the last returns in the series in the order they appeared. Even got Misty, Cilan and May out of the way. It just seems like they’re wrapping things up.
Not just that: Every major story arc for Journeys has wrapped up. Ash became World Champion, Goh got to reunite with Mew, and Chloe...did whatever. On top of this, they've set this up to come full circle. Ash and Goh met through a fateful encounter with Lugia, and now they're meeting Lugia again to fight it together. This is a proper bookend. There's also the fact that both Ash and Goh have stated they're going to travel on their own new journey, and its clear they mean separately. This is clearly an ending to the series, and both of the credible leakers have said this is supposed to be the end. Gryphon is even saying this is a nice send off for the series.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Not just that: Every major story arc for Journeys has wrapped up. Ash became World Champion, Goh got to reunite with Mew, and Chloe...did whatever. On top of this, they've set this up to come full circle. Ash and Goh met through a fateful encounter with Lugia, and now they're meeting Lugia again to fight it together. This is a proper bookend. There's also the fact that both Ash and Goh have stated they're going to travel on their own new journey, and its clear they mean separately. This is clearly an ending to the series, and both of the credible leakers have said this is supposed to be the end. Gryphon is even saying this is a nice send off for the series.
Pretty much and they pretty much brought back every character they can to help them (and Chloe) achieve their goals. They brought back two characters to serve as rivals, two (three?) to train Ash and two to help Chloe think about her goal. As well as bring all the Champions for a cameo. Mostly all the cameos are used up and their goals are concluded. There isn't really any other reason to continue this series because everything is done.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I don't think the comment was really misogynistic, just assholish and inaccurate
You’re not hearing people tell Mark Hamil to retire from voice acting nor someone like Frank Welker just because they’re old. Tom Kenny ain’t gonna stop voicing SpongeBob when he can still do his voice, and he’s older as well. It’s an outright disrespectful comment that mainly women face due to their age. Rica isn’t even old.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
What does Team Rocket even have to report this time? They haven't done a thing in JN.
Though maybe Giovanni will promote them since they chase the Pikachu of the new World Monarch?

Litleonid

Parallel to episode JN002? Watch it being over in 5 minutes. I don't give two cents about the raid battle.
Its meant to be a bookend. Ash and Goh first met each other during a fateful encounter as complete strangers right on top of Lugia's back. Now here they are fighting Lugia together now as friends. Lugia is the Pokemon that brought them together, so it makes sense to end this way,

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Watch when Goh captures Lugia!
No idea why my post was deleted by moderation, but I don't think people are asking Mark Hamil and Frank Welker to retire because this is an anime subsection built around discussing Pokemon.
Pokémon, or in this case, Ash, is an extremely popular product that is just as recognizable as the characters voiced by the actors I provided.
Anime = animation = cartoons. No difference but the language.
At any rate, of course it's an outright disrespectful comment but inherently misogynistic? Not really in my opinion. I have read articles on ageism in the VA industry that have pointed out the complaints can very well turn gendered when paired with misogynistic language like " hag. "

With the original post specifically, if people had made the more substantial claim that it was misogynistic because the dude basically asked female VAs to step down to be replaced by male ones, I'd think claims of misogyny would be warranted.
So someone has to be blatantly misogynistic for you to finally get that comment was really uncalled for? Where is 345ash-Greninja with his comment of saying it isn’t right for Serena to be taller than Ash because men should be taller than women (lol.) Of course men won’t suffer from it as much since it’s a male dominated industry. Japan in general has a very misogynistic society. I remember comments of a few NEET commentors on Twitter saying they like Serena and think that she’s beautiful but her actress is old (40 years old at the time.) That comment enforced that by saying because Rica isn’t a youthful 22 year old anymore when she first started voicing Ash and suggested a young male to replace her just because she’s older is inherently misogynistic in altitude especially his response to someone by saying it’s a fact.

I shouldn’t even continue this conversation since it’s off topic and there’s already enough comments rebutting the original comment.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Giovanni hasn't appeared in person since episode 3 of this series, 133 episodes ago, and I think that's the longest he's ever been absent (again, in person). Ironic considering this series brought back so many old characters.
It's such a shame TR wasn't utilised in a villain arc, I genuinely thought that was where it was going with the main cast finally meeting and beating Matori and all
Rainbow Rocket would have been perfect for JN