• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 16th: PM2019 136 - Satoshi and Go! Setting Off Anew!!

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
I won't lie, I'm glad we're getting the answer this month instead of in February or March

I am ready to go back to a predictable string of lowkey episodes

Jesus, something we can agree.

This has been tiresome.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Only thing I think of is something involving the remaining Galar legendaries and the Hisui Pokémon.
We have next-to-no information, so at this point, I wouldn't limit myself to only a few options. Let's at least wait to see what they come out with.

MunchMunch

eh you didn’t exactly call anything nor did anyone else since the title is still very vague and can have multiple meanings.
Meh, I don't think the title is being vague, I think it's kind of being straightforward lol.

The merch, the merch still having the "Pokemon 2019" logo on it, the 54 episode thing, this episode, 135 or the Final episode of Ash vs. Leon not being marked a finale, I feel like it's all pointing towards Journey's counting.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Meh, I don't think the title is being vague, I think it's kind of being straightforward lol.
objectively, it is not straight forward. They would have to add in extra words for it to be straight forward to explain if they're setting off together on the same path or on different paths. Also anew itself is vague as it either means "once again" or "in a new or different way".

Ash and Goh have been travelling together, so if anew means a new way of travelling, then it could mean that they are not going the same path together as they always have. They've visited new places together so it would not mean that they're setting off together on a new path in this sense.

If 'anew" means once again, then it would mean that once again, Ash and Goh are setting off anew as in once again, which would mean a repeat of their previous journeys.

NPT

Just a member
Unrelated but I still think XY had the best final episode of all the seasons. I think it really nailed the emotion and Ash going back to Pallet Town and saying "I'm home!" while going back to his home really was the best way to end the anime, I wouldn't have complained had the anime ended there. (even with Ash's loss at Kalos League)

That would've been extremely anti-climactic.

Last edited:

jinnrob

Water Pokemon Master
objectively, it is not straight forward. They would have to add in extra words for it to be straight forward to explain if they're setting off together on the same path or on different paths. Also anew itself is vague as it either means "once again" or "in a new or different way".

Ash and Goh have been travelling together, so if anew means a new way of travelling, then it could mean that they are not going the same path together as they always have. They've visited new places together so it would not mean that they're setting off together on a new path in this sense.

If 'anew" means once again, then it would mean that once again, Ash and Goh are setting off anew as in once again, which would mean a repeat of their previous journeys.
Does anyone have the original Japanese? If I could see that, depending on the grammar and which kanji they use for “anew” I could potentially give further incite.

What “anew” means in english is moot. most things don’t translate that well in my opinion.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Does anyone have the original Japanese? If I could see that, depending on the grammar and which kanji they use for “anew” I could potentially give further incite.

What “anew” means in english is moot. most things don’t translate that well in my opinion.
That's exactly why I don't like people saying any title is straight forward when it's not since it's always a vague translation. It's always much better when someone picks a part the Japanese title and tells us each words possibility instead, but I understand that dephender just does his own translation best they can.

I was just proving the point that this title in particular is not straight forward even If it was the original title itself.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
My take is that Goh isn’t staying like Koharu isn’t. As much as I had expectations and hopes for Koharu, they were fumbled, just like how Go’s goal hasn’t been very entertaining.

Some of y’all get way too invested in hating Go. i don’t mind if he stays as long as they create something worth investing in his character outside of his bromance with Ash.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

As mentioned in the first post, it's a bit unclear exactly what the Japanese title is.

Bulu likes pepsi

I hope Ash never has any kids ever in his life just to spite Cricket at this point
Let my boy die a virgin

Ash will not die a virgin, since he is forever 10. Maybe only of unnatural causes.

I'd actually do something different. Let Ash have a daughter and never reveal who the mother is, then later the daughter begins her journey and says Ash adopted her

Last edited: