• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 16th: PM2019 136 - Satoshi and Go! Setting Off Anew!!

AARTX

Dead inside…
It’s funny when considering most of Ash’s pokemon have abandonment issues and have arcs that delve into said issues.

The fact that this implies that Ash is no better than the trainers that abandoned them in the first place, yet they still paint him as this altruistic goody two shoes kid will never not be funny to me.

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

Everyone's forgotten that Ash has a four Mon band chilling out in Alola, haven't they.

Cerise Lab has been the central hub for this series. Safe to say the JN band will chill out there based on that.
Those 4 mons are only there because they are helping out with the UBs and it is a second home for Ash unlike Cerise’s lab. Plus the fact that Ash’s current mons have bonded with Ash’s other Pokémon more then Goh’s lab mons. I think the chances of them going to Oak’s have increased thanks to the Paul episode

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I keep reading this as “Axew” and getting excited :/

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
Everyone's forgotten that Ash has a four Mon band chilling out in Alola, haven't they.

Cerise Lab has been the central hub for this series. Safe to say the JN band will chill out there based on that.
While i always wanted his Alola mon to go to Oaks lab with the rest ofAsh reserve, i agreed with others. If his JN team are staying at Cerise Lab, then what's the point of having Gengar bonding with rest of Ash first type mon and learning Wil - O - Wisp from them or Lucario. Plus if they stay at Cerise Lab then what about Mimey? Is he staying at the lab too? so i think everyone including Mimey will be back at Pallet, beside I'm sure Oak would love to research the difference between a Kantonian Farfetch'd and Galarian Farfetch'd though Sirfetched and Dracovish as a whole so yeah they are staying in Oaks lab unless the writer confirmed it in the Paldea anime if Ash is using his reserve

Bulu likes pepsi

I don’t think Pikachu is getting oak’d. Besides it being an icon that’s basically the Japanese equivalent to Mickey Mouse, that is Ashs ride or die partner. There’s no chance Ash would rotate him out, and there’s no way the writers would take that big of a risk in getting rid of him

Not to mention Team Rocket becomes pointless without following after Pikachu being a goal for them.
Yeah but I was thinking about a scenario where Ash gets replaced as the MC by people like Kukui's son. Ash could make sporadic appearences as a young man, cricket and the other shippers will debate over who is his girlfriend, but he overall is there to promote Pikachu while Kukui's son could start the new series and have a Meowscarada as his main pokemon.

Niormon

Yeah, it was a solid final ep. I like to beieve it’s where the whole XY continuity ended, and everything afterwards happens in an AU. All the seeming retcons in JN make it even easier for me to see it that way.

They would literally be impossible, since (end/postgame spoilers) the time machine that brought Korai/Miraidon into the present is a one-way thing and only works in one direction
Huh that actually isn't impossible? one from the past shows up and from the future shows up, I'm not trying to be rude I'm legitimately confused here. you make it sound like the time Michine can't go to the future or past like other time machines unless you talking about both different game version, like I know in Scarlet pokemon only come from the past in one way and I assume violate is the same but for the future and if that's the case the anime will have a Machine that does go both ways, AGAIN the anime isn't going be 1:1 like the games or SM anime would have Crazy lusamine which was pretty much a HARD NO for TPCI

Last edited:

Rune Knight

I also like Goh as character so don't feel the need to hide your love

I'm going to be more open about my fondness for Goh's character from now.

I just think that the character has so much potential, as he represents a major aspect of the games (being the catching mechanic), he's voiced by one of my favorite VA's, and as opposed to Ash he is an intellectual which works so well in terms of chemistry.

I see Goh as being Ash's best human friend, and would really hate to just see him go (no pun intended).

Niormon

I just think that the character has so much potential, as he represents a major aspect of the games (being the catching mechanic), he's voiced by one of my favorite VA's, and as opposed to Ash he is an intellectual which works so well in terms of chemistry.

I see Goh as being Ash's best human friend, and would really hate to just see him go (no pun intended).
Hell yeah speak up fam why even hide it? screw the haters they can eat dick

Bulu likes pepsi

I just think that the character has so much potential, as he represents a major side of the franchise (being the catching mechanic), he's voiced by one of my favorite VA's, and as opposed to Ash he is an intellectual which works so well in terms of chemistry.

Goh leaving Ash right before the finals is in my opinion a dealbreaker for Ash's best human friend. Sure, it was awful planning by the production team if you think about it. But we thought for a while Ash would have no one in the stands in the biggest battle of his career besides Hop (who would cheer for Leon because he was his brother) and Team Rocket.

For me Brock is still #1 and honestly I would place Misty and the three coordinators above Goh as well

Rune Knight

Hell yeah speak up fam why even hide it? screw the haters they can eat dick

I respect critical opinions, but one cannot deny that a lot of the stuff you see here is just so outright ridiculous.

Goh leaving Ash right before the finals is in my opinion a dealbreaker for Ash's best human friend. Sure, it was awful planning by the production team if you think about it. But we thought for a while Ash would have no one in the stands in the biggest battle of his career besides Hop (who would cheer for Leon because he was his brother) and Team Rocket.

For me Brock is still #1 and honestly I would place Misty and the three coordinators above Goh as well

That is a good point. However, in addition to the fact Goh directly apologized to Ash, I also wouldn't think that Ash would have wanted his friend to miss out on such a big opportunity just for him, and I also don't think that should take away from the care that they have for each other as friends.

Last edited:

Bulu likes pepsi

I think the fact Goh didn't watch shows how close they are they both promised they wouldn't see each other until they both achieved what they set out to do also you won't get Brock hate from me his an awesome character
Uhhhh, that's not how it works

Goh should have been there just like he was for the quarter- and semifinal rounds

Niormon

Uhhhh, that's not how it works

Goh should have been there just like he was for the quarter- and semifinal rounds
hmmm Not sure if I agree I think both of them doing their own thing then seeing each other again is sign of strong friendship you see this in other anime

I respect critical opinions, but one cannot deny that a lot of the stuff you see here is just so outright ridiculous.
Agreed its really stupid and nonsensical **** which is why I won't be here for a while starting today the next time you see me is when Goh and Ash are in gen 9 ;)

Bulu likes pepsi

hmmm Not sure if I agree I think both of them doing their own thing then seeing each other again is sign of strong friendship you see this in other anime

Agreed its really stupid and nonsensical **** which is why I won't be here for a while starting today the next time you see me is when Goh and Ash are in gen 9 ;)
Yeah but May, Dawn and Serena could have totally left Ash to participate in some local contest during the respective league arc, and yet they never did. I mean they obviously had their own goals just like Goh did. Misty had more of a vague objective but she traveled with Ash for much longer while also becoming very close to him towards the end of the original arc.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Yeah but May, Dawn and Serena could have totally left Ash to participate in some local contest during the respective league arc, and yet they never did. I mean they obviously had their own goals just like Goh did. Misty had more of a vague objective but she traveled with Ash for much longer while also becoming very close to him towards the end of the original arc.
Goh didn't really get any choice in the matter like you're trying to imply he did.