• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 16th: PM2019 136 - Satoshi and Go! Setting Off Anew!!

Ali.Frenstein

Maybe they will split up for a brief while, then Ash will have a victory party in 137 with all of his previous companions including Goh, who decides to join him to Spain

There won't be any party, if the writers wanted to do a celebration for Ash's victory, they would have already been doing this on episode 135 (right after Project Mew finished). :(

Bulu likes pepsi

There won't be any party, if the writers wanted to do a celebration for Ash's victory, they would have already been doing this on episode 135 (right after Project Mew finished). :(
Yeah I don't think there will be one but I'm still crossing my fingers that Goh and Ash could do a fake split in 136 and reunite in 137 in Pallet Town with the rest of Ash's friends

It's honestly now or never, he's world champion ffs, plus it would be a nice christmas present

Last edited:

Ali.Frenstein

Yeah I don't think there will be one but I'm still crossing my fingers that Goh and Ash could do a fake split in 136 and reunite in 137 in Pallet Town with the rest of Ash's friends

It's honestly now or never, he's world champion ffs, plus it would be a nice christmas present

I wish you're right but it's too good to be true. Anyway, we'll wait and see what happens.

Ryker101

???????????????????????????

In what universe do you live in where this is what everybody is saying? People who genuinely praise Goh are in the minority. So what the actual fuck are you talking about? I swear, you Goh haters are some of the most delusional people I've met here.

I don't care for Goh that much, but you people legitimately need to seek help.
If I see anyone calling Goh overrated I’m gonna slap them

UnovaMaster

Are you implying that Goh can only be better if he becomes Ash? Because that's surprising coming from you. I knew you were always aware that Ash was the only real protagonist.

Goh is already so better, but his haters will completely shut up and forget Ash fast as long as he's battling and catching at the same time

I know Ash fans' loyalty can be easily challenged

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
Goh is already perfect, but his haters will completely shut up and forget Ash fast as long as he's battling and catching at the same time
I don't think that's how that works. You don't have to be a full time battler to be a beloved character, look at Brock. But you're going to be easily despised if you just go on pointless catching marathons that lead to nothing in a way that clashes with the previous two decades of the series. There has to be a middle ground. The poor execution damaged Goh too much. He was an easy target because the ones who created him didn't understand what they were doing.

If the anime didn't exist and started with Goh, people would have accepted him better. But that's not the reality we live in.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Goh's goal NEEDS proper execution. Project Mew was perfect for him and trial missions is a very exciting companion goal, even better as a concept than contests imo, although obviously contests were executed better
Despite the weak finale I'd love if Trial missions come back as a goal for Goh
The first half of the series with his catching all the mons goal was eh, it had some great moments but also felt uninspired. Where's him using other variety of pokeballs? Laying some traps? There's tons of creativity you can do in a catching em all goal then just throwing a pokeball and catching in an instant

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Yeah, for someone who was the catcher of the duo, it looked strange that he didn't use the many types of pokeballs.

Or he painted a bunch of master balls as common balls, so he could fool everyone into think he's a prodigy, dunno.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Everything you said. Goh's initial catches were the epitome of lazy and effortless. There's not much joy in watching Goh's progress if he's making progress without sweating. He needs a proper, well thought-out goal from the very beginning,

Also god yes, we don't see unique Pokeballs at all anymore. Where are the Apricorn balls? I loved seeing those used back in Johto.
It's funny because SM made an effort to bring some variety like with Lana having a Dive Ball and James having a whole collection. In the games as well there was some variety.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The problem with using different balls is that the writers now have to remember which type of ball which Pokemon is in... Which they haven't had the greatest track record with in the past.