• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 16th: PM2019 136 - Satoshi and Go! Setting Off Anew!!

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
They pretty consistently remembered Todidile’s lure ball, Foretress’ heavy ball and Mimikyu’s luxury ball at the very least

Forretress was caught with a Fast Ball if it even makes sense...

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
The writers aren't the ones checking storyboards, layouts and finished animation, though. That would be on the series director, who was Hidaka Masamitsu for the 1997 series and Advanced Generation Episodes #1-158. Any lack of consistency on which Monster Ball type was being used would have been up to Hidaka or one of the episode directors to catch. Writers just write scripts, submit them and then work on the next script (or work on a script for another, unrelated project).

Reactions: i2i

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
They pretty consistently remembered Todidile’s lure ball, Foretress’ heavy ball and Mimikyu’s luxury ball at the very least
I can remember instances that each of these was forgotten by the animators. Heck, you even forgot that Pineco was caught in a Fast Ball.

Also don’t forget Safari Ball Tauros which is ALWAYS shown in a Pokeball..

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I mean sure it would be extra effort
But then again
We have seen Goh slowing down on captured
Have him capture mons on a semi regular basis now, with more variety
Don't show their pokeballs often if they are roaming around the park. And when they are used, since it'll be only a select few they can remember
The extra effort is worth the entertainment factor imo. Im not asking every capture to be in a unique ball. But atleast some. Like even 5-10 works

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
> Jessie beats up Seviper and then catches it
> Goh catches mons by challenging them and throwing pokeballs like every normal trainer, and properly grooms, feeds, pays attention to, love and care for them

Guess which one is a hunter and which one are very kind to their mons

(Before fellow TR fans jump me understand this is a hyperbole meant to highlight how ridiculous the Goh hunter/psychopath discussion is)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Are we going to have to wait for the night of for this summary too lol, I can't take this dang wait!!!

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Why did you hate Piplup? Imo it was the only plushmon that was actually strong.
He took way too much of the spotlight and his English voice was grating to the ears. I don’t dislike him now and I liked his scenes with Oshawott.
Rotom dex was way less annoying in the sub than the dub. His dub voice was unbearable
I don’t find Rotom annoying and I liked him but I know some people did. That iPhone voice is as worse as Flo from Progressive.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Rotom dex was way less annoying in the sub than the dub. His dub voice was unbearable
The dub made his voice even worse in the moments that he got overexcited about something and they raised the speed and pitch of it. Really made him out to be a machine rather than a ghost possessing a Pokédex.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I mean sure it would be extra effort
But then again
We have seen Goh slowing down on captured
Have him capture mons on a semi regular basis now, with more variety
Don't show their pokeballs often if they are roaming around the park. And when they are used, since it'll be only a select few they can remember
The extra effort is worth the entertainment factor imo. Im not asking every capture to be in a unique ball. But atleast some. Like even 5-10 works
Still sounds like more trouble than it's worth.