• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 16th: PM2019 136 - Satoshi and Go! Setting Off Anew!!

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
What are you saying. Avalugg is the definition of "solid"
Own Tempo Avalugg melts to any Special move from a Pokémon with even average Special Attack

ImBeVillain

No more six members
On a serious note I can see them explaining Geeta was too busy with being the league chairman to participate
Still though, not sure I'm a fan of just giving Ash another Leon to beat at the end of the series with a new team and reaffirm he's the best at Pokemon battling once again
I really want them to do something new for his character instead, something fresh and more fitting. The only thing I can think of rn is mentorship, battling the evil team or involving with legendaries

So I can see three possible endgame considerations with Ash for the next series

A) Nemona doesn't start out as a Champion ranked trainer in the anime, but aims to become one and Ash mentors and guides her to become one
B) Ash is the one doing the Team Star path, where he takes on Penny's request to battle each of the Team star bosses
C) He's heavily involved in the Arven plotline and in the end is the one who has a 6v6 against Sada with the stakes of the region being at line and beating her with Koraidon

Heck you could even fuse those three together for Ash to do next saga
If a final battle should be a vs Sada/Turo, then i’m fine with this.
Artifical Intelligence as a battle machine can be very tough than vs Leon even.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
If a final battle should be a vs Sada/Turo, then i’m fine with this.
Artifical Intelligence as a battle machine can be very tough than vs Leon even.
Plus Sada/Turo states their AI is meant to be the ultimate battler using data from all the champions of Paldea
Feels like a great endgame battle to me
Eh this might be a case where we’ll need to see what SV’s DLC will be :d

Avalugg has amazing physical defense, I legit ran Curse Recover Own Tempo Avalugg on my X team. I even gave Ash an Avalugg in my fanfic that beat Paul’s Torterra in its first ever battle. It just doesn’t have good SPD which sucks. Imo Avalugg is super underrated.

desdar300

Plus Sada/Turo states their AI is meant to be the ultimate battler using data from all the champions of Paldea
Feels like a great endgame battle to me
I do agree that the professors would be the best in game fight they could give the boy for this season.

Facing paradoxical Pokemon that have contrasting types compared to their modern counterparts would make for a nice batch of tension

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I do agree that the professors would be the best in game fight they could give the boy for this season.

Facing paradoxical Pokemon that have contrasting types compared to their modern counterparts would make for a nice batch of tension
although the question is if they’ll do one professor doing that or both.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Ash got screwed out of the Kalos League. He should get revenge now because he’s world champion and prove he’s better than when he faced them.
After the Team Flare arc even Alain admitted that he cant beat Ash now and not to mention that Alain used different Pokemon against Leon.
I really hate shipping ash with a pokemon tbh. It's just screwed up that people ship him with bayleef and latias just because they were affectionate.
I guess i didnt make my self clear enough, i meant look what happened when Serena wore that Fennekin outfit, Ash stopped his training in order to help Serena in making her Pokevision.

Guy100

For this episode I'm thinking the turn of events could play out as the following;

Lugia Raid Battle Challenge:

Scenario 1) Ash and Goh put up a great battle but ultimately lose to Lugia, but they thank it in the end for the challenge and inspiration to carry on with their new journey. Lugia then leaves

Scenario 2) Ash and Goh Lose to Lugia. Ash and Goh thank Lugia for the opportunity to battle with it. Ash undergoes the same telepath connection he had with Lugia, and then realizes his growing connection with pokemon is establish the more he faces tougher challenges. Lugia then leaves.

Scenario 3) Ash and Goh Lose to Lugia. Ash thanks Lugia for the opportunity to finish their long awaited battle. Right before Ash and Goh leave, Ash has another telepathic connection with Lugia, in which Lugia tells Ash it wants to travel with him after relaizing how strong of a trainer Ash is. Ash captures Lugia as his new pokemon.

Scenario 4) Ash and Goh battle Lugia and manage to weaken it, with Goh attempting to catch Lugia but fails. Ash and Pikachu are able to land the finishing blow, which weakens Lugia enough for Ash to capture it.

Scenario 5) Ash and Goh battle and weaken Lugia enough for Goh to capture it. However, Goh decides to let Ash have Lugia, since Ash put in more work to weaken Lugia, and Goh realizing he is not a strong enough trainer like Ash to raise it properly.

Goodbyes and New Adventures:

Scenario 1)
After the raid battle, Ash and Goh reveal where they intend to travel. They are no longer research fellows, and Goh gets inspiration from his battle with Lugia to head towards a previous region Ash had traveled. Ash on the other hand gets inspired from his battle with Lugia to travel the world looking to challenge other Legendary Pokemon, and not just trainers.

Scenario 2) After the raid battle, Ash reveals to Goh that he's headed to a far off region for more training, and Goh tells Ash that when he's done with his training, that they should meet up again to test their capabilities as trainers from the experiences gained from their new journeys. Thus Ash and Goh promise to battle each other once completing their new journey.

My final thoughts. Just what are the unlikely odds of any of this happening.

Last edited:

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Th
For this episode I'm thinking the turn of events could play out as the following;

Scenario 1) Ash and Goh put up a great battle but ultimately lose to Lugia, but they thank it in the end for the challenge and inspiration to carry on with their new journey. Lugia then leaves

Scenario 2) Ash and Goh Lose to Lugia. Ash and Goh thank Lugia for the opportunity to battle with it. Ash undergoes the same telepath connection he had with Lugia, and then realizes his growing connection with pokemon is establish the more he faces tougher challenges. Lugia then leaves.

Scenario 3) Ash and Goh Lose to Lugia. Ash thanks Lugia for the opportunity to finish their long awaited battle. Right before Ash and Goh leave, Ash has another telepathic connection with Lugia, in which Lugia tells Ash it wants to travel with him after relaizing how strong of a trainer Ash is. Ash captures Lugia as his new pokemon.

Scenario 4) Ash and Goh battle Lugia and manage to weaken it, with Goh attempting to catch Lugia but fails. Ash and Pikachu are able to land the finishing blow, which weakens Lugia enough for Ash to capture it.

Scenario 5) Ash and Goh battle and weaken Lugia enough for Goh to capture it. However, Goh decides to let Ash have Lugia, since Ash put in more work to weaken Lugia, and Goh realizing he is not a strong enough trainer like Ash to raise it properly.

Scenario 1)
After the raid battle, Ash and Goh reveal where they intend to travel. They are no longer research fellows, and Goh gets inspiration from his battle with Lugia to head towards a previous region Ash had traveled. Ash on the other hand gets inspired from his battle with Lugia to travel the world looking to challenge other Legendary Pokemon, and not just trainers.

Scenario 2) After the raid battle, Ash reveals to Goh that he's headed to a far off region for more training, and Goh tells Ash that when he's done with his training, that they should meet up again to test their capabilities as trainers from the experiences gained from their new journeys. Thus Ash and Goh promise to battle each other once completing their new journey.

Well, but there is only one issue.
In episode 20 was about Lugia again, but turned out that was Mew in the end - of course before dual mcs still never knew about it.

BobbbidyBob

Scenario 1)

You are the best leaker we’ve had lol XD I mean it

ShadowForce720

Th

Well, but there is only one issue.
In episode 20 was about Lugia again, but turned out that was Mew in the end - of course before dual mcs still never knew about it.
While it’s true that the one they encountered in episode 20 was actually a Mew that doesn’t automatically mean the one that they encountered in episode 2 or in this episode is a Mew.

UnovaMaster

Scenario 1)

Lol at all your scenarios not having Goh get Lugia

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
If this Lugia Beats both Pikachu and Lucario does it mean it's stronger than Leon's Charizard and Cynthia Garchomp together?

Taking into account Leon's Charizard defeated base Eternatus this would be quite a fest.