• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 16th: SM101 - Fire it Off! The Twin Sparking Gigavolt of Friendship!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Due to a certain incident, Satoshi and Pikachu got sent to an unknown location. There's not a soul to be seen there, and the city is in ruins... After learning that a massive Ultra Beast caused all this, the two decide to fight alongside Zeraora and its companion. Will Satoshi be able to help these solitary fighters?

-------

The place Satoshi and Pikachu got sent to was a ruined city without a soul to be seen anywhere. Once they learn that the reason for this is the presence of Akuziking, which eats absolutely everything, they resolve to fight alongside the Zeraora and Trainer that they met there.

Screenplay 米村 正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 浅田 裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田 裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根 雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村 泉 (Izumi Shimura)

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_sunmoon/

Promo video said:
Big news for Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon! Incredibly enough, the mythical Pokémon Zeraora is going to appear! Zeraora uses super powerful electric moves; What kind of prowess is it going to demonstrate? What?! Zeraora and Pikachu will have a fully powered battle?! Which of them will win? And believe it or not, we'll also give out Zeraora merchandise for 4 weeks straight! Details will be announced during the episodes! Zeraora will be appearing on December 9th and December 16th!

Last edited:

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Hopefully Guzzlord plot is in the middle of this. The place they're in kinda looks like his Ultra Space.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Looks like the second part of the Zeraora battle. Maybe it could be a good way of introducing Guzzlord and for some reason while Ash gets on an Ultra Wormhole back to Alola, Guzzlord pursues Ash through it, triggering a call from Lusamine to go to the Ultra Guardians base.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Oh please have Guzzlord show up....
Though he should really appear after Pheromosa and Kartana
Maybe they could have Pheromosa and Kartana show up from different Ultra Wormholes from the Ultra Wormhole Guzzlord arrived from. It would be great to see a big Ultra Beast crisis start off from there.

Red and Blue

Oh so this is a two parter? If so this Zeraora and his trainer may not show up at the league after all. Also I'm amazed Pikachu is lasting this long in the battle

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Wells looks like Guzzlord is gonna show up here. So well, I guess another UB appearance likely done here as well. With Zeraora being in this episode and being related to all of this, this definitely looks set to be quite an exciting episode.

DatsRight

Another solo-Ash mini arc. It looks cool but seriously when are the companions gonna get some screentime here?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Oh so this is a two parter? If so this Zeraora and his trainer may not show up at the league after all. Also I'm amazed Pikachu is lasting this long in the battle
Curiously why do you think that this trainer might not show in the League? Literally what is the info we currently have about the episode that makes you think so?
Another solo-Ash mini arc. It looks cool but seriously when are the companions gonna get some screentime here?
Well...I find it quite hilarious at this point that you're looking more for the companions' development when Ash's Alolan team isn't League ready and isn't fully developed in the first place. The Alola League is approaching day by day, so developing Ash's Alolan team via focus episodes on his current team members, especially Rowlet, plus 1/2 more captures for him, honestly that's more important at this point.

And we all know that Lillie is eventually gonna get focus episode when she gets a Z-ring and learns how to use Subzero Slammer cuz she has the Icium-Z.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
It's sad to say (not really), but I think we can say that the companions futures from here on out look very bleak (not like they ever had a bright future to start with, though the anime has managed to make them even more irrelevant than I expected). With Hau, Eevee and the upcoming LGPE arc, it all points to heavy focus and arcs for Ash (who himself seems neglected since he only has 4 Pokémon at this late stage of the series). Beyond that, he also needs to complete his Poni Trials, and there's the eventual League, with all this in a span of another 40 episodes. Throw in SM's incessant need for 'wacky' fillers, and you have very little time left to develop 5 freakin characters. I personally think Mallow and Sophocles are done tbh, and Lana may get 1-2 episodes where her Popplio may evolve, and Lillie with around 2-3 episodes to obtain a Z Ring and Master Subzero Slammer. Honestly, they could've done something relavant for the classmates from SM091 to SM095 (before the heavy Ash focus), but no, they chose to prioritize 5 awful fillers in a row. That about sums up as to how low the classmates are at the list of priorities for the writers.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Curiously why do you think that this trainer might not show in the League? Literally what is the info we currently have about the episode that makes you think so?

Well...I find it quite hilarious at this point that you're looking more for the companions' development when Ash's Alolan team isn't League ready and isn't fully developed in the first place. The Alola League is approaching day by day, so developing Ash's Alolan team via focus episodes on his current team members, especially Rowlet, plus 1/2 more captures for him, honestly that's more important at this point.

And we all know that Lillie is eventually gonna get focus episode when she gets a Z-ring and learns how to use Subzero Slammer cuz she has the Icium-Z.
If they are in Guzzlord's dimension the trainer might be there by choice. Therefore he could be limited to the two parter.

DatsRight

It's sad to say (not really), but I think we can say that the companions futures from here on out look very bleak (not like they ever had a bright future to start with, though the anime has managed to make them even more irrelevant than I expected). With Hau, Eevee and the upcoming LGPE arc, it all points to heavy focus and arcs for Ash (who himself seems neglected since he only has 4 Pokémon at this late stage of the series). Beyond that, he also needs to complete his Poni Trials, and there's the eventual League, with all this in a span of another 40 episodes. Throw in SM's incessant need for 'wacky' fillers, and you have very little time left to develop 5 freakin characters. I personally think Mallow and Sophocles are done tbh, and Lana may get 1-2 episodes where her Popplio may evolve, and Lillie with around 2-3 episodes to obtain a Z Ring and Master Subzero Slammer. Honestly, they could've done something relavant for the classmates from SM091 to SM095 (before the heavy Ash focus), but no, they chose to prioritize 5 awful fillers in a row. That about sums up as to how low the classmates are at the list of priorities for the writers.

I guess it's more annoying here because SM still feels like it tries to make the companions likeable. Only Mallow and Lana verge on being the 'Brock level' companion they aren't really bothered with and just have sit and do nothing in the first place. Kiawe, Lillie and Sophocles all get to have loads of character moments and bits of involvement, but feel like they're performing in a small box because the show won't let them develop and grow their teams enough to branch out. There was the start of an arc with Kiawe branching out of his tank strategy and becoming more versatile after catching Marowak, but due to not getting anymore team boosts, they can't do anymore with it. Lillie could also grow as a trainer if she got another Pokemon or Snowy took another key step.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Oh, brother, zeraora dude have a cape. That screams both "bad news" and "dream crusher". I'm at least glad he isn't a kid.

I know I shouldn't be surprised since it's SM and all, but Ash should knows better before hug the tail of a apparently perpetually pissed thundercat (pun not intented).

Status
Not open for further replies.