1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

December 16th: SM101 - Zeraora

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_sunmoon/

2. i2i

i2i Big Bad Wolf

Zeraora appearance continuing to the next episode has me curious on what else is going to happen beside the battle between it and Pikachu.

3. Xeogran

Xeogran I see.

Hopefully Guzzlord plot is in the middle of this. The place they're in kinda looks like his Ultra Space.

4. Darthlord7

Darthlord7 The Meltanzord

Yep that seems to be Guzzlord's world. It looks like Ash ended up in a post-apocalyptic era after his battle against Tapu Koko in SM100.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  5. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

Looks like the second part of the Zeraora battle. Maybe it could be a good way of introducing Guzzlord and for some reason while Ash gets on an Ultra Wormhole back to Alola, Guzzlord pursues Ash through it, triggering a call from Lusamine to go to the Ultra Guardians base.

6. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Oh please have Guzzlord show up....
    Though he should really appear after Pheromosa and Kartana

Darkrai 888 and KenzeyEevee like this.
  7. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

Maybe they could have Pheromosa and Kartana show up from different Ultra Wormholes from the Ultra Wormhole Guzzlord arrived from. It would be great to see a big Ultra Beast crisis start off from there.

8. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Oh so this is a two parter? If so this Zeraora and his trainer may not show up at the league after all. Also I'm amazed Pikachu is lasting this long in the battle

9. 345ash-greninja

345ash-greninja The FullMetal Alchemist

Wells looks like Guzzlord is gonna show up here. So well, I guess another UB appearance likely done here as well. With Zeraora being in this episode and being related to all of this, this definitely looks set to be quite an exciting episode.

10. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

Another solo-Ash mini arc. It looks cool but seriously when are the companions gonna get some screentime here?

11. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

Companions? What is this? Is it something you eat?

12. 345ash-greninja

345ash-greninja The FullMetal Alchemist

Curiously why do you think that this trainer might not show in the League? Literally what is the info we currently have about the episode that makes you think so?
    Well...I find it quite hilarious at this point that you're looking more for the companions' development when Ash's Alolan team isn't League ready and isn't fully developed in the first place. The Alola League is approaching day by day, so developing Ash's Alolan team via focus episodes on his current team members, especially Rowlet, plus 1/2 more captures for him, honestly that's more important at this point.

And we all know that Lillie is eventually gonna get focus episode when she gets a Z-ring and learns how to use Subzero Slammer cuz she has the Icium-Z.

13. Rock Captain 99

Rock Captain 99 Well-Known Member

So an UB might appear here.. Interesting!!

14. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi You'll Never See it Coming!

It's sad to say (not really), but I think we can say that the companions futures from here on out look very bleak (not like they ever had a bright future to start with, though the anime has managed to make them even more irrelevant than I expected). With Hau, Eevee and the upcoming LGPE arc, it all points to heavy focus and arcs for Ash (who himself seems neglected since he only has 4 Pokémon at this late stage of the series). Beyond that, he also needs to complete his Poni Trials, and there's the eventual League, with all this in a span of another 40 episodes. Throw in SM's incessant need for 'wacky' fillers, and you have very little time left to develop 5 freakin characters. I personally think Mallow and Sophocles are done tbh, and Lana may get 1-2 episodes where her Popplio may evolve, and Lillie with around 2-3 episodes to obtain a Z Ring and Master Subzero Slammer. Honestly, they could've done something relavant for the classmates from SM091 to SM095 (before the heavy Ash focus), but no, they chose to prioritize 5 awful fillers in a row. That about sums up as to how low the classmates are at the list of priorities for the writers.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  15. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

If they are in Guzzlord's dimension the trainer might be there by choice. Therefore he could be limited to the two parter.

16. Dragalge

Dragalge Boltrom

You all sure this isn’t just some post-movie Zeraora promotion they want to get out of the way or something?

KenzeyEevee and TheWanderingMist like this.
  17. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

I guess it's more annoying here because SM still feels like it tries to make the companions likeable. Only Mallow and Lana verge on being the 'Brock level' companion they aren't really bothered with and just have sit and do nothing in the first place. Kiawe, Lillie and Sophocles all get to have loads of character moments and bits of involvement, but feel like they're performing in a small box because the show won't let them develop and grow their teams enough to branch out. There was the start of an arc with Kiawe branching out of his tank strategy and becoming more versatile after catching Marowak, but due to not getting anymore team boosts, they can't do anymore with it. Lillie could also grow as a trainer if she got another Pokemon or Snowy took another key step.

18. Kaye Cruiser

Kaye Cruiser Member

Everyone talking up Guzzlord needs to chill before they get disappointed.

If anything, they're probably just in the anime version of Po Town.

Darkrai 888 and DuquÊ? like this.
  19. qazplmwsxo

qazplmwsxo Well-Known Member

Prediction:This random trainer and his zeraora will not appear again after this episode.

Dragalge likes this.
  20. DuquÊ?

DuquÊ? Too lazy to pick a pic

Oh, brother, zeraora dude have a cape. That screams both "bad news" and "dream crusher". I'm at least glad he isn't a kid.

I know I shouldn't be surprised since it's SM and all, but Ash should knows better before hug the tail of a apparently perpetually pissed thundercat (pun not intented).