• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 17th: PM2019 091 - The Ghost Train Departs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Whoops, there's more:

Onion, the Gym Leader of the Galar region Ghost Gym, is going to make his debut in the Pocket Monsters TV series, which airs every Friday at 6:55PM on the TV Tokyo Network! Onion, the mysterious boy that has an emotional bond with Ghost Pokémon, is going to play a major role for two weeks straight! Our spotlighted cast member is voice actress Chiyuki Miura, whom we've got a comment from!

8ew5SX2.jpg

In "The Ghost Train Departs...", which will air Friday December 17th, Satoshi and Go have gone to Shoot City Station to catch a train to Lateral Town. After seeing a masked boy drop a ticket, they decide to get on the somewhat creepy-looking "Ghost Train" in order to return it... But as they make their way through the train searching for the boy, Satoshi bumps into a mysterious stone, which seemingly leads to him starting to act weird...?

xXIMLuJ.jpg

Then, in "Gangar Does Its Best! The Road to Kyodaimax!!", which will air Friday December 24th, Satoshi and Go visit Onion, the Gym Leader of the Ghost Gym in Lateral Town, in order to make Gangar Kyodaimax. Onion tells them that Kyodaimaxing Satoshi's Gangar requires having it drink Dai Soup made from Dai Mushrooms. Will Gangar be able to gather Dai Mushrooms from the forest where lots of unique Ghost type Pokémon live without any problems arising, and then Kyodaimax?!

NCXNWki.jpg

What kind of role will Onion play in the story of Satoshi, Go and their friends?! This arc is a must see for Pokémon fans, so make sure to keep your attention on it!

We have received the following comment from Chiyaki Miura, the voice of Onion! Allow us to introduce her:

EtKXvAw.jpg

I was extremely happy when I learned I got cast. I've watched the Pocket Monsters TV series ever since I was a kid, and I have more memories tied to it than almost any other anime, so I can't believe I've going to be in it as THE Onion-kun! I gave the role my all, knowing that this is an extremely appealing character that lots of people really fell in love with when they played the video game, so he has to be portrayed with extreme care.
Onion-kun is so reticent it seems he's straight up bad at talking to people, which is precisely why I played every single word of his with great care while talking them over with the sound director. I'm looking forward to being able to bring you a new side of Onion-kun you didn't get to see in the video game, and I hope it will make you love him so much more. Please keep an eye on him as he tries his best in his own little way.
-Chiyuki Miura, voice of Onion

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Not really. Random wild Pokemon can't G-Max.

Especially not the ones outside the Galar region.
It's such an arbitrary distinction lol. While getting Gmax mons are only possible from dens the lore is that not all mons can dynamax. Heck when we get gigantamax Pikachu after showing the dude in the train a let's go save file it's hinted to be from Kanto only. Making out a problem where there is none

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Great! We're now at four Galar Leaders. That's *checks list* less than half. Even more if you count Bede and Marnie. Even MORE if you count Klara and Avery. ...why did we need that Falinks ep again? That could've been used to debut someone else.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Great! We're now at four Galar Leaders. That's *checks list* less than half. Even more if you count Bede and Marnie. Even MORE if you count Klara and Avery. ...why did we need that Falinks ep again? That could've been used to debut someone else.
So you mean like that slog of 40-ish episodes between the DD arc, Sirfetch'd's, Iris, Dawn's return, Volkner's fight, and Bea's fight?

While it's nice to see the Max Soup being a thing in the anime they really should have used Isle of Armor instead of a Ghost forrest
Kind of strange that they're just using Big Mushrooms for this.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Wait is ash getting possessed again?

Rather than being a conventional two parter, i’m guessing the first ep will just be spooky shenanigans with allister and it’ll probably just be the second one that actually focuses on gengar. Like the old gym leader inteo formula, but a gym battle isn’t the second ep payoff.

Honestly they should’ve introduced allister waaaaaaay earlier, and then have ash hit a roadblock in hyper class that incentives him to get more power by going to certain people for the gimmicks. Instead of just doing it out of the blue for no apparent reason.

Megapixel

Wait is ash getting possessed again?

Rather than being a conventional two parter, i’m guessing the first ep will just be spooky shenanigans with allister and it’ll probably just be the second one that actually focuses on gengar. Like the old gym leader inteo formula, but a gym battle isn’t the second ep payoff.

Honestly they should’ve introduced allister waaaaaaay earlier, and then have ash hit a roadblock in hyper class that incentives him to get more power by going to certain people for the gimmicks. Instead of just doing it out of the blue for no apparent reason.
To be fair, in the Mega Island episode, ash mentioned that he needed to have more power to win more difficult battles, that would explain why he has to resort to these "tricks"

nuzamaki90

Wow Onion is finally debuting. I know on the Japanese side of the fanbase he’s a pretty popular character, so it’s cool to see another Galar Gym Leader appear.

While im really interested in the fact that Gengar has to gain the G-Max factor unlike Pikachu, im also wondering how Galar’s Gym system will be explained in the anime. We knew the Ghost-part of the Gym was there because of Dynamax Yamask but I'm curious if they’ll explain how the Minor League works.

To be fair, in the Mega Island episode, ash mentioned that he needed to have more power to win more difficult battles, that would explain why he has to resort to these "tricks"
Have no clue why people keep acting like Ash didn’t specifically say this.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
G-Max Soup huh? I wonder if Goh will take some back home to feed his Starters...?

(If Grookey eats any of that at least I'll know for sure that he's evolving)

Soniman

Break the Limit
At the rate were going I don't expect many more Galar gym leaders or significant rivals to show up. Introducing Hop at this point would be pretty bad and probably get handled like garbage similar to Hau. The fire, water, grass gym leaders I seriously doubt. I assume Bede's window has closed because they squandered yet another chance at a rival for Ash so I guess he's just going rival-less this series which is a first since AG. Piers has a chance and he's one of my favorites so I hope they can at least I it him in

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
That’s just lip service in the same ol’ journeys mantra of tell not show. We haven’t seen ash struggled at all, but he just suddenly has an interest in the gimmicks that he previously didn’t have in the episode it becomes relevant. We don’t see him make a realization and thinks to do it, we just see him already doing it out of the blue.

Mythical-Moonlight

At the rate were going I don't expect many more Galar gym leaders or significant rivals to show up. Introducing Hop at this point would be pretty bad and probably get handled like garbage similar to Hau. The fire, water, grass gym leaders I seriously doubt. I assume Bede's window has closed because they squandered yet another chance at a rival for Ash so I guess he's just going rival-less this series which is a first since AG. Piers has a chance and he's one of my favorites so I hope they can at least I it him in
How can you say that when Allister literally just got confirmed like an hour ago?

If anything this only increases my suspicion that they're going to cram everything into the final year like they did with SuMo

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
How can you say that when Allister literally just got confirmed like an hour ago?

If anything this only increases my suspicion that they're going to cram everything into the final year like they did with SuMo

Also remember that Alain was introduced in XY in it's last year too
And the last Galar gym leader shown was Opal, damn near a year ago. It'd be pretty funny if they suddenly picked up the pace

Mythical-Moonlight

And the last Galar gym leader shown was Opal, damn near a year ago. It'd be pretty funny if they suddenly picked up the pace
Opal debuted back in February sheesh that was a really long time ago.

They certainly have been picking up the pace tho. Especially since the Summer DP 2-Parter

There's been very little filler episodes since. The only ones who really come to mind are the Blue PokeManiacs episode and arguably the Glaceon episode

Look at how many Ash centric episodes we've gotten lately

Status
Not open for further replies.