• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 17th: PM2019 091 - The Ghost Train Departs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Allister is like the last Galar Gym Leader I wanted to appear next but I’m happy for @Teravolt

D

Deleted member 384931

The mere fact that this series is "picking up the pace" with the Gym Leaders is by no means a positive but an overdue fix.

Also, the Max Soup coming from Allister of all people only further demeans the original Isle of Armor content. We're so not seeing Avery or Klara (and that's a good thing, all things considered).
I know right lol. It feels unnatural now for Satoshi ti suddenly get so much focus. Same with the Gym leaders

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
At the rate were going I don't expect many more Galar gym leaders or significant rivals to show up. Introducing Hop at this point would be pretty bad and probably get handled like garbage similar to Hau. The fire, water, grass gym leaders I seriously doubt. I assume Bede's window has closed because they squandered yet another chance at a rival for Ash so I guess he's just going rival-less this series which is a first since AG. Piers has a chance and he's one of my favorites so I hope they can at least I it him in
How is Ash rival-less lol when Bea was established as his rival (despite people's opinion on their rivalry she was established as one), Leon has been set up as a rival/main obstacle as well

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
ALI CONFIRMED

ALI. C O N F I R M E D!!!

Now I’ll need someone to fill me in on what’s going on in Journeys. I haven’t seen an episode before or since the Cresselia and Darkrai episodes, and the Espeon and Umbreon episode.

D

Deleted member 384931

Gengar getting focus is nice. However Soup kinda is lame. He doesnt need to do anything special except gathering mushrooms. That is what kinda is bothering me rn. Did we wait 75 episodes for this?

Last edited by a moderator:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Gengar getting focus is nice. However Soup kinda is lame. He doesnt need to do anything special except gathering mushrooms. That is what kinda is bothering me rn. Did we wait 75 episodes for this?
Collecting mushrooms to make soup is literally how you give certain Pokemon GMax in the Sword and Shield expansion, so I don’t see what the issue is here.

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."
Kinda funny how the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra got shafted. Gengar needs to pick mushrooms to G-max? I know a place where we can do that and a woman whose job involves that exact phenomenon! The Winter special shows off some legendary Pokemon? I know a cold area that happens to be chock full of legendary Pokemon!

D

Deleted member 384931

Collecting mushrooms to make soup is literally how you give certain Pokemon GMax in the Sword and Shield expansion, so I don’t see what the issue is here.
I know that duh. It is cheap, minimal effort. Drinking soup and done, that is the issue to me. The only thing I expect is them getting lost in the forest and Gengar and Satoshi have to work together. I expected something more "worth the wait"after 75 episodes. You get me?
Also why does Pikachu and Meowth Gigantamax without Soup and Gengar has to? I am glad Gengar, gets finally some kind ot focus tho.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I know that duh. It is cheap, minimal effort. Drinking soup and done, that is the issue to me. I expected something more "worth the wait"after 75 episodes
Also why does Pikachu and Meowth Gigantamax without Soup and Gengar has to?
So what should they do differently? How would you write it?

I don’t know why Pikachu or Meowth could GMax in those early JN episodes. They never really explained it in universe. Since all of that happened before or during the Darkest Day arc, its possible that it was due to Eternatus being woken up. But they never really explained it.

D

Deleted member 384931

So what should they do differently? How would you write it?

I don’t know why Pikachu or Meowth could GMax in those early JN episodes. They never really explained it in universe. Since all of that happened before or during the Darkest Day arc, its possible that it was due to Eternatus being woken up. But they never really explained it.
First I would let Allister train with Gengar in its base form, let Satoshi and it bond. Then I would let it take place in the Ilse of Armor, where Mustard gives Gengar and Satoshi some trails before they can Search for the mushrooms. But this is my opinion. But that is the fun of discussion, isnt it? I can only base my opinions on the summary we get right?

That is why I find it so weird. How does Satoshi even know Gengar is capabele of Gigantamax in the first place?

nuzamaki90

First I would let Allister train with Gengar in its base form, let Satoshi and it bond. Then I would let it take place in the Ilse of Armor, where Mustard gives Gengar and Satoshi some trails before they can Search for the mushrooms. But this is my opinion.

That is why I find it so weird. How does Satoshi even know Gengar is capabele of Gigantamax in the first place?
Because Onion probably tells him in this episode

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
ALI CONFIRMED

ALI. C O N F I R M E D!!!

Now I’ll need someone to fill me in on what’s going on in Journeys. I haven’t seen an episode before or since the Cresselia and Darkrai episodes, and the Espeon and Umbreon episode.
Tbh due to JN's format, you don't really need to know what's going on

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."
Tbh due to JN's format, you don't really need to know what's going on
lol The only episodes I've watched in their entirety since summer are the Iris battle, Volkner battle, and the Bea battle and I don't feel like I missed a thing. Sure, Journey's format makes it easier for people to hop in whenever they want, but in my experience, it makes it harder to retain viewers. I just can't be bothered to really care about what's going on anymore, since it feels like nothing really amounts to anything of major significance. So what if Goh catches a Pokemon, it's not like he is guaranteed to use it. So what if Chloe meets another Eevolution, we all know that Eevee uses Copycat and calls it a day. This type of stuff is also why I skip any episodes that focus on COTDs.

People who are fine with an episodic format will certainly enjoy Journeys, and people who struggle to keep up with a consistent and long-running plot will also have an easier time here. It's just not built for me.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
- The soup is confined to the "expansion" or rather the Isle of Armor.
- The mushrooms were relocated to the forest outside of Stow-on-Side.
- Allister somehow knows the recipe, which is supposed to be something only Honey knows.
- There's a train station at Stow-on-Side which is not geographically correct.
- Gengar isn't as special as Pikachu, which is the whole reason the whole G-Max plot was heavily altered to debut Allister, as he doesn't seem to be a PWC opponent. In other words, he's a discount PWC Korrina designed to be there to help Ash get stronger with low, sudden effort.

D

Deleted member 384931

- The soup is confined to the "expansion" or rather the Isle of Armor.
- The mushrooms were relocated to the forest outside of Stow-on-Side.
- Allister somehow knows the recipe, which is supposed to be something only Honey knows.
- There's a train station at Stow-on-Side which is not geographically correct.
- Gengar isn't as special as Pikachu, which is the whole reason the whole G-Max plot was heavily altered to debut Allister, as he doesn't seem to be a PWC opponent. In other words, he's a discount PWC Korrina designed to be there to help Ash get stronger with low, sudden effort.
I know right lol. It is random as hell

Status
Not open for further replies.